123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Hypothetically if..

You had a infinite money and walked past a seemingly pure-hearted homeless man who asked you for money and whether you give him money or not the energy you wasted in that time is exactly equal, what would be the logical thing to do?

Btw you never see the man again in your life.

What I'm trying to do is create a situation where logic cannot be used. Something else must be relied upon to make the decision.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I would give him money. Logic is irrelivant, so is emotion. It would just automatically be an offer of hope and chance, rather than an offer of cash (bigger picture). Cause and effect. What he does with the money afterwards is his business.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I would give him money for lack of a logical reason not to - giving him money would more likely cause good than harm and wouldn't affect me in any negative way (it would actually make me feel good), so why not?
    And if he blows it on crack and hookers, at least I gave him an opportunity to change his life!
    I suppose what I'm relying on is my love of utilitarianism and my unrelenting optimism

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    INFP

I definitely would not, because if I had an infinite amount of money and word got out that I gave money away I'd be up shit creek without a paddle.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'd give him some cash.
    If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd sure as hell hope he'd do the same.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Nah, if I had shit-loads of money, I'd probably have good connections, so I could hook the guy up with a job and have him get his own money, boost his self-esteem, and have long-term perspective, if he wasn't a total fuckwit, that is. But we said he's pure-hearted, so I'm assuming he just had a rough go and got fired from a good job or something.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

In this case you can still have a logical attitude towards supporting beggars in general.

I'm relucant to support beggars, not because I couldn't miss the money, but because I don't want to give them an incentive to keep living on the street. (At least in my country there's plenty of help available.)

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I would ask him how he came into being as he is over a cup of coffe/a meal. :P
    [After loads of "what ifs'"...]
    I would share what I could and what would be appreaciated and cared for, by him.

From one type to another, and it never ends; How can one waste it?

Does he vanish as soon as I take my eyes of him? In that case I'd probably not even be able to give him money. xD Unless I had it in my hand. And if that was the case and I knew that he would vanish then I would grab him give him the cash and turn my eyes elsewhere to find out if I vanish with him but if he doesn't vanish because I still "sense" him in an almost form of seeing him then I would ask him and tell him of his fate (him vanishing) and ask if he wanted a meal and then ask if he has a thread on him so that we can tie eachother to eachother so that one or the other won't vanish.

Or perhaps I would just ask him if that's what he wants.

In the end, it could be viewed upon as I gave him enough to caretake for the rest of his life.

If I had an infinite resource of money, it had to be monopoly money because otherwise I would flood the system even before I got my hands on it.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

if i had infinite amount of money that would mean that i wouldnt lose any money if i gave him some, so why wouldnt i give him some money?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    if i had infinite amount of money that would mean that i wouldnt lose any money if i gave him some, so why wouldnt i give him some money?
    It takes time
    If you gave him some, others would want some
    Costing you more time
    This could possibly cause you to feel unappreciated and resentful