First 789

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
    ...I would not, however, show kindness to you. I would show you my fist.
    Marcia,

Threatening other members of the forum is not acceptable. Your adherence to the forum's rules is appreciated.

Thanks.

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

I would only give money if the person seemed like he/she wouldn't use the money to intentionally self-destructively stay in his/her current position as homeless. If the money is used to at least attempt to help the person better their situation, what harm is there really?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I always give money to homeless people, because I feel bad for them.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    NICE

I've donated the odd sandwich to homeless guys on a number of occassions. I've yet to meet anyone that got pissed off by this small gesture.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'd buy the person lunch, and talk to him about his situation over lunch. If he seemed interested in bettering his situation, then I'd offer him a job or give him the name of a contact that could provide work that he was interested in. In the latter case I'd also put him up in a hotel and buy him some new clothes and help him be presentable for any job interview.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'd buy the person lunch, and talk to him about his situation over lunch. If he seemed interested in bettering his situation, then I'd offer him a job or give him the name of a contact that could provide work that he was interested in. In the latter case I'd also put him up in a hotel and buy him some new clothes and help him be presentable for any job interview.
    Same here!!
    Welcome to the Rabbit Hole
    The Cheshire Cat

MBTI
    LoLz

I'd want to give him money, but what moral decision forces me to give money to a "good-hearted homeless person"? Whether I give him money or not would not adversely affect myself, or my ability to maintain myself. I would intentionally not give him money just to prove that the morally sound option isn't always a forced option. I always have the opportunity to use my free will and act like they don't exist.

This is probably because I just wouldn't find much enjoyment with "charity." I'd rather go do something for myself. It's just a regular cost/benefit analysis that I'd likely benefit more by being selfish than providing charity.

Normally, when I see homeless people on the streets, I avoid them because of how relatively unpredictable they are. What are the chances of them using the money for something good? Will the money have lasting impact? Do I really care about them? If I give this homeless person money, what makes them different from the last one that I didn't? Where's the consistency? Do I feel safe around them, security wise and health wise? Why are they even homeless in the first place? Is it really that impossible to FIX the situation on your own? Should I question their character?

MBTI
    SEXY

I wouldn't deviate from the standard. no matter what option that is.
    (removed)