• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Empathic Perspectives

Mole

Permabanned
that's confusing me...so you are saying it is not the depth that matters only the truth of what we see?

I love the depths and seek them at every opportunity. But I know I have deceived myself and that I dabble in group fantasies.

So I try to keep this in mind, and when I propagate Australian group fantasies, I try to remember that the first mistake of an amateur propagandist is to believe one's own propaganda.

Of course I love myself and I love my country, and I use propaganda to defend myself and my country. But I try to use it self consciously.

Propaganda is a dark art and we can all confuse ourselves in the dark. Fortunately the Enlightenment has lit a candle in the dark.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so have fun and play but leave the light on?

G

Ginkgo

Fortunately the Enlightenment has lit a candle in the dark.

Just as the small child who's fears compel him to imagine the monster in the dark is alleviated by the exposition of light.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i think empathy is something we should be very careful with. we all perceive things from our own perspectives and have our own motives. it is not to say that we can't be intuitive about other people's emotions, or deeply caring, but we should never assume we know what someone else is feeling, because we don't. i think that's the deception part. we have to be careful with connection and most of all we have to try to be truthful with ourselves.