User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Lady X, I hate you. Truly believe that.
    haha!! no you don't...don't underestimate my emotional empathy...i see all!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interesting victor...so love is only really felt when it's not about you or validation...and dreams or ideals should not be validated as worthy without what...?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    don't underestimate my emotional empathy...i see all!!
    I think that's what I hate about you most of all.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think that's what I hate about you most of all.
    right no...i totally feel where you're comin from man...right there with you...i know and understand that feeling...believe me...but it's not hate or i'd know
    -Jim Morrison

How about false hate? When an Emotional Empath hates someone for their perceived hate towards them?

I think I've gotten that before. But I didn't hate them!
    There is this hysterical dilbert cartoon my INTJ friend gave me.

Dilberts little chunky friend: Hey what's up with Tina, she seems mad at you?

Dilbert: Well she thought I did something mean to her, but even after she found out I didnt, she is still harboring residual anger.

Dilberts little chunky friend: Hmmm, I wonder what it's like having squirrels in your brain?

Just give us new data and a couple of days to reprocess and you should be good. Fi takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    interesting victor...so love is only really felt when it's not about you or validation...and dreams or ideals should not be validated as worthy without what...?
    All of us feel passionately about our self deceptions and group fantasies, as Blackmail has recently been pointing out.

But the depth of our passion or our amour propre is no measure of what we love.

And of course what we love, grows. So it is vital to know what it is we love.

And when we love another person they grow as a person. And when we are loved, we grow too. So it is vital to till the garden of love just as it is vital to know what we plant.

Blackmail is an architect of the landscape, and so we should take him as a model as we plant the landscape of love.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    All of us feel passionately about our self deceptions and group fantasies.....
    I was just about 95% sure you were gonna bring up MBTI.

I'm a balanced Empath, I couldnt the share function to work either for here or Facebook.

You know this is how Red Dragon opens with Hannibal discerning that the officer investigating cannibal killings, nominally with his assistance as a psychological profiler but actually with suspiscions he is responsible, is an empath. He says to the guy that this must make life difficult for him as he can experience the emotions and minds of the psychos he tracks but yet must remain sane himself.

This is something I concur with, I've had a bit of skill in this and I've sought to develop it with training and my own reading and its helped me work with some pretty troubled people but you need to be careful because you can start to manifest their thinking and behaviour. I tend to find I'm pretty resilient though and time off allows the proper return to my self.

The Lector books, particularly the first one which is criticised, probably rightly, for being a bit of a mess are supposed to be a bit about how people who qualify as empaths or lack developed conscience self-regulate, in the first one Lector is a brilliant empath but also has no conscience, he attempts to regulate by insisting he only preys upon the "rude", while the "Tooth Fairy" has no conscience and doesnt try to regulate himself at all the one opportunity he has for normality results in a splitting of his persona and he "kills" his "self" prefering the conscienceless "dragon" persona, while the investigator is the empath who can and does experience that lack of conscience but does regulate himself.

I tend to find it interesting because the "born" series of comics which are a prelude to the Punisher series demonstrate how at the end of the Vietnam war Frank Castle was in the same position as the cop in Red Dragon, his family were his own external stabiliser and these were lost, resulting in him becoming the stalker-killer which is the Punisher. Although I dont think any of the films succeeded in portraying this and few of the comics succeeded in writing in this vein without totally demonising the character.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's confusing me...so you are saying it is not the depth that matters only the truth of what we see?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm a balanced Empath, I couldnt the share function to work either for here or Facebook.

You know this is how Red Dragon opens with Hannibal discerning that the officer investigating cannibal killings, nominally with his assistance as a psychological profiler but actually with suspiscions he is responsible, is an empath. He says to the guy that this must make life difficult for him as he can experience the emotions and minds of the psychos he tracks but yet must remain sane himself.

This is something I concur with, I've had a bit of skill in this and I've sought to develop it with training and my own reading and its helped me work with some pretty troubled people but you need to be careful because you can start to manifest their thinking and behaviour. I tend to find I'm pretty resilient though and time off allows the proper return to my self.

The Lector books, particularly the first one which is criticised, probably rightly, for being a bit of a mess are supposed to be a bit about how people who qualify as empaths or lack developed conscience self-regulate, in the first one Lector is a brilliant empath but also has no conscience, he attempts to regulate by insisting he only preys upon the "rude", while the "Tooth Fairy" has no conscience and doesnt try to regulate himself at all the one opportunity he has for normality results in a splitting of his persona and he "kills" his "self" prefering the conscienceless "dragon" persona, while the investigator is the empath who can and does experience that lack of conscience but does regulate himself.

I tend to find it interesting because the "born" series of comics which are a prelude to the Punisher series demonstrate how at the end of the Vietnam war Frank Castle was in the same position as the cop in Red Dragon, his family were his own external stabiliser and these were lost, resulting in him becoming the stalker-killer which is the Punisher. Although I dont think any of the films succeeded in portraying this and few of the comics succeeded in writing in this vein without totally demonising the character.
    that is interesting. i never watched red dragon..i can't really watch movies that put you inside twisted minds like that. it screws with me way too much...as an empath i guess...ha weird.
    -Jim Morrison