Thread: Self Worth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Self Worth

How do you regain self worth? What is the process and are there any good materials on it? Have you lost yours? If so, how have you regained it, or are you still stuck with low self-esteem?

MBTI
    INFP

Getting away from negative forces, making better decisions, strengthening the ties of your social network, working, partaking in your hobbies, respecting others, exercising.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Getting away from negative forces, making better decisions, strengthening the ties of your social network, working, partaking in your hobbies, respecting others, exercising.
    Excellent recommendations^

I've never had a lack of self worth, and I have done the items disregard noted above consistently throughout my life.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    How do you regain self worth? What is the process and are there any good materials on it? Have you lost yours? If so, how have you regained it, or are you still stuck with low self-esteem?
    I definitely agree with cutting off ties to anyone and anything that's pulling you down, no matter how close they are or how hard it is. I've never had a self-esteem issue. Then again I don't allow anyone/anything to mess with it either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, consider yourself lucky, for some, there is no self-worth to gain for they've never even had it. :sad:

I remember, it's a type of meditation, but I remember who I am, and why I am essentially a good person.

People are different, I get a large chunk of my self-worth intrinsically, so that's where I go to retrieve it, i.e inside.

But, doing the Right thing(s) and surrounding yourself with the Right people never hurt no one.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Doing everything listed here should work. Working, hobbies, better decisions etc. are not as important in themselves as the others - exercising and socializing seem to be the key.
    Plus, it's hard to respect others if you don't respect yourself.
    (I'd say it is hard even then)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Find people whose lives you can put into.

Make it a habit to look at what you are thankful for and what you have.

Surround yourself with people that you wish to be like instead of people that you feel better than.

Approach people rather than waiting for them to approach you.

Recognize what outward symptoms reflect your inward feelings about yourself.
    Changing some of those often goes a long way towards sparking inward change.

Acquire all the skills you can from anyone around you that you can.

Find people you that are trustworthy and be vulnerable and accountable to them. Practice both relying on them and being someone they can rely on.

Make positive decisions every day (even as simple as making your bed) which become habits. Habits eventually combine to become a part of who you are and come together to develop your character (who you are even when other people aren't around).

Understand that confidence, character and communication skills are very affected by one another. If you are lacking in one of those areas, it will significant affect the other two. Therfore by buildilng character and communication skills, you will also become more confident.

Do some kind of work every day that you can feel proud of.

Take care of your body.

Make conscious decisions about what you put into your mind and what you let your thoughts focus on.

If you have done things that you are ashamed of, make amends in whatever ways you can and then find a way to extract something out of your experience that can benefit someone else. In this case, confession is good for the soul.

MBTI
    INFP

Third time's a charm.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Stupid computer!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Perhaps realizing that there is no one you should be other than yourself. The best thing you can do might be to follow your passions, pursue what you know you can do well, in order to try an help others.
    Everything is usually just perception -- not an absolute truth -- so it's impossible to tell what's good or bad, right or wrong, better or worse. Instead, allow compassion, humility and responsibility guides to your actions.
    Also, you don't need a reason to help other people, if they are willing to receive it.

As others have recommended, take care of yourself. There is no reason to be ashamed of what you were given in life, so long as you do your best with what you have.
    For this reason, you have a right to not be criticized or looked down upon because you are "not good enough" by whatever measure.