• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Superstition

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have been thinking about this: if NFs inhabit the invisible world of ideas and ideals, are they the most superstitious of the temperaments? If yes, are the NTs the least superstitious?

I thought of this because when someone is joking about a disaster or something personally bad happening to himself (or me) I blurt out "Don't say that!" because I am afraid it might come true because it has been uttered. Whoa. I am not a "ooh, you spilled the salt, throw it over your shoulder!" kind of person but I have that instinctive reaction to negative phrases.

ygolo

My termites win
I didn't understand superstition, till I caught my myself doing various part re-seating and register programming rituals in the lab without examining what part was necessary and what parts were not.

I think it is just a state of unexamined confusion.

Last edited:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
There are numerous types of superstitions. As a former athlete, I have noticed many tend ritualize was has been brought down by tradition that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome. An example would be the football team carrying a lunch pale or touching a sign upon entering the stadium, an athlete kissing an amlet before starting play, wearing the same type socks, or type of shorts during games, not shaving, etc. Is their an irrationality involved or does it become routine over time? If NF and SP types are superstitious, then I would say that NT and SJ types are equally phobic prone.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Superstitious S's follow the superstitions within their group. Superstitious N's invent their own superstitions.

Superstitions are also rigid, dogmatic viewpoints, so it would be either the SJ or NJ who are most prone to either following existing superstitions (SJ) or creating their own based on observed trends (NJ).

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
There was an origins of superstition/mythology whatever thread way way back... I couldn't recall if it's in MBTIc or over at INTPc though... I tried using search/advance search etc but I couldn't find it.

Similar to what Uber said... you have NFs coming up with figurative ways of describing stuff... that SJs misinterpret as "truth" and get spread all over the place. I think it goes INFP -> INFJ -> ENFP -> ENFJ -> SJs -> SPs -> supersititious panic attack.

BlueWing is the one you should ask...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There was an origins of superstition/mythology whatever thread way way back... I couldn't recall if it's in MBTIc or over at INTPc though... I tried using search/advance search etc but I couldn't find it.

Similar to what Uber said... you have NFs coming up with figurative ways of describing stuff... that SJs misinterpret as "truth" and get spread all over the place. I think it goes INFP -> INFJ -> ENFP -> ENFJ -> SJs -> SPs -> supersititious panic attack.

BlueWing is the one you should ask...

Hahahahaha, I'm king of the pile! lol :D