User Tag List

MBTI
    epic

Default overthinking, overworry, pre-occupations, over-complexifying

yes, i am guilty.
    does anyone else have no qualms about contradicting themselves and being a general scoundrel? (i see this as more of an issue with sj's and nj's) how do you view "contradictions?"

Ginkgo

Yeah I do this quite a bit. When I over-think something, I have a flow of conjectures. They eventually contradict each other; and then later I feel like a liar. It's not voluntary lying... It's just a production of idea after idea - the truths of which can never really seem to be rectified. It's all good, bro. Just try to find a base: someone who can hold you accountable for what you say. Let them hold you accountable. Otherwise, (if you're like me) your just going to float around debased.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't addressing the root of the matter. Basically, you're going to have to find momentum of action. Humans are creatures of habit. Most people either get locked in a habit of thinking, or locked in a habit of doing. Eventually, we have to solicit ourselves to bring about change. I say, unless something forces you to change your habits with your essence at ransom, then you must promote a gradual change within yourself. Try to decrease the amount of time you spend analyzing a situation or object and propel yourself to act on it. Or maybe I'm off base.

But rest assured, I can identify with you to some extent. I'm not intentionally malicious (usually). What do you mean by being a scoundrel? Fabricating stories that eventually converge into contradiction to listeners?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

i do it on a daily basis. pretty certain this has something to do with my issues of outer and inner compatibility. sometimes i dont try so hard and i'm way more in synch with myself. contradicting myself isn't as bad as one might think.

MBTI
    INTJ

What does the title have to do with the post? Are you saying that you contradict yourself because of those things?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What does the title have to do with the post? Are you saying that you contradict yourself because of those things?
    if you are asking me then i will say that i thought velocity wanted to find out if we were feeling bad about being contradictory scalliwags. i planned on answering the question.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

overthinking, overanalyzing separates the body from the mind.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

overthinking, overworry, pre-occupations, over-complexifying

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    yes, i am guilty.
    does anyone else have no qualms about contradicting themselves and being a general scoundrel? (i see this as more of an issue with sj's and nj's) how do you view "contradictions?"
    Yes, guilty here as well, but have never been called a scoundrel.

Some of this may be related to seeing many different facets and sides of an issue, and evolving your thinking, which I personally do every day. If you're intuitive, the process is less linear. The difference perhaps if you are extraverted is that process is much more observable to others. You tend to think out loud. We all change our positions on things but if you are introverted, you tend to keep more of it inside, not sharing it, till you think you have it a bit more worked out. There are pros and cons of both.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTP

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. -Albert Einstein

Words to live by

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. -Albert Einstein

Words to live by
    Priceless wisdom!

I can't remember the last time I suffered from analysis paralysis.
    I encounter things, assess them, decide what needs to be done, do it, and then move on. Just like that!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

I think consistency isnt possible and even if it were I'm not 100% if its preferable to being right.