• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

overthinking, overworry, pre-occupations, over-complexifying

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
yes, i am guilty.
does anyone else have no qualms about contradicting themselves and being a general scoundrel? (i see this as more of an issue with sj's and nj's) how do you view "contradictions?"

G

Ginkgo

Yeah I do this quite a bit. When I over-think something, I have a flow of conjectures. They eventually contradict each other; and then later I feel like a liar. It's not voluntary lying... It's just a production of idea after idea - the truths of which can never really seem to be rectified. It's all good, bro. Just try to find a base: someone who can hold you accountable for what you say. Let them hold you accountable. Otherwise, (if you're like me) your just going to float around debased.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't addressing the root of the matter. Basically, you're going to have to find momentum of action. Humans are creatures of habit. Most people either get locked in a habit of thinking, or locked in a habit of doing. Eventually, we have to solicit ourselves to bring about change. I say, unless something forces you to change your habits with your essence at ransom, then you must promote a gradual change within yourself. Try to decrease the amount of time you spend analyzing a situation or object and propel yourself to act on it. Or maybe I'm off base.

But rest assured, I can identify with you to some extent. I'm not intentionally malicious (usually). What do you mean by being a scoundrel? Fabricating stories that eventually converge into contradiction to listeners?

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i do it on a daily basis. pretty certain this has something to do with my issues of outer and inner compatibility. sometimes i dont try so hard and i'm way more in synch with myself. contradicting myself isn't as bad as one might think.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
What does the title have to do with the post? Are you saying that you contradict yourself because of those things?

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
What does the title have to do with the post? Are you saying that you contradict yourself because of those things?

if you are asking me then i will say that i thought velocity wanted to find out if we were feeling bad about being contradictory scalliwags. i planned on answering the question.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
overthinking, overanalyzing separates the body from the mind.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
overthinking, overworry, pre-occupations, over-complexifying

yes, i am guilty.
does anyone else have no qualms about contradicting themselves and being a general scoundrel? (i see this as more of an issue with sj's and nj's) how do you view "contradictions?"

Yes, guilty here as well, but have never been called a scoundrel.

Some of this may be related to seeing many different facets and sides of an issue, and evolving your thinking, which I personally do every day. If you're intuitive, the process is less linear. The difference perhaps if you are extraverted is that process is much more observable to others. You tend to think out loud. We all change our positions on things but if you are introverted, you tend to keep more of it inside, not sharing it, till you think you have it a bit more worked out. There are pros and cons of both.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. -Albert Einstein

Words to live by :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. -Albert Einstein

Words to live by :)

Priceless wisdom! :nice:

I can't remember the last time I suffered from analysis paralysis.
I encounter things, assess them, decide what needs to be done, do it, and then move on. Just like that! :happy:

Lark

I think consistency isnt possible and even if it were I'm not 100% if its preferable to being right.