User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 54

  1. #41
    Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    That sounds remarkably like some descriptions of sensors...
    It is, in essence, the way sensors function. At least IMO.

    Really, a 100% intuitive person is as far from the typical animal as you can get.

    On the other hand, strong reliance on the senses combined with the intellectual capabilities of the human mind isn't a bad thing. It just results in a human with animal-like sensor qualities.

  2. #42
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    so which dumb bunny is gonna start a thread on having a big knob is a gift and not a disability????

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    It is, in essence, the way sensors function. At least IMO.

    Really, a 100% intuitive person is as far from the typical animal as you can get.

    On the other hand, strong reliance on the senses combined with the intellectual capabilities of the human mind isn't a bad thing. It just results in a human with animal-like sensor qualities.
    lol, an intuitive with no sensory aspects would sit their looking at food intuiting about it while dying from starvation because they lack the instinct to put it in their mouth
    Im out, its been fun

  4. #44
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    lol, an intuitive with no sensory aspects would sit their looking at food intuiting about it while dying from starvation because they lack the instinct to put it in their mouth
    This is sort of an analogy of my love life when I started dating.

  5. #45
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    and sensors would take an IQ test and do badly.

  6. #46
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    lol
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  7. #47
    Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    lol, an intuitive with no sensory aspects would sit their looking at food intuiting about it while dying from starvation because they lack the instinct to put it in their mouth
    But a sensor with no intuitive aspects wouldn't be able to figure out how to pick the food up and carry it to their mouth on the fork.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    Uh...yeah. It was pretty obvious that the OP was being sarcastic. But I assumed the discussion was at least somewhat serious.
    lol

    it is now.

  9. #49
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Dumb thread, but Imma make sense of it anyway!

    ...Because I'm bored.

    Anyways.



    First off, It's remarked that retards often have really friendly social skills.

    I've known a few people who were mentally disabled, and almost all of them were irritating to the core, or just plain asshats. It's a myth, just like "rich people are never happy". It's there to make us feel better about them in some way.

    Truth is that yeu can be just as much of a jerk by being a 'retard' as yeu can by not being one. Handicapped people have some individuals blindly cater to them and defend them from everything no matter how deserving of an attack they may be. After awhile, some of them realize they can pretty much get away with murder and will just be given a pat on the head, and not even so much as a slap on the wrist, and they start to abuse it. Not all have this happen, but it's more than possible to occur.



    Also, while simple thoughts can often see through simple answers, this's a condition that's well documented in children being capable of seeing the obvious, whereas an adult has had their lifetime spent being conditioned to overly complexify things. For referance, do the "petals around the rose" game sometime, and yeu'll see whot I mean.



    As a whole though, I disagree at this being particularly beneficial in most situations. However, there are certain types of mental retardation which tend to cause leaps in intelligence in other forms; autism often leads to notably higher raw intelligence, but lower social skills, the best guess I have on the matter is that it's an overspecialization of the brain, trying too hard to focus all resources on one particular type of thought process, and sacrificing other required ones severely to attain such. Many other forms of mental retardation can be classified in similar ways; idiot savants are an excellent example of such.

    Mental retardation caused by disease, or injury, however, do not gain these benefits. Those cases are pretty much just screwed once that happens. Generally the benefits associated with such only occur from natural genetic occurrence, and most likely is just natural variation in genes in the typical "shotgun" style test each generation gets... the majority goes to the tried and true center, with some minor divergence, and a few rare cases get really far off the mark attempts just in case there's possibly something better out there. Evolution has to come from somewheres... some of these traits don't carry on, because they kind of suck. Others tend to be beneficial more than harmful, and find their way to the general populace. Unfortunately to do random genetic spread such as that, there's going to be a few people who pull the short straw when trying to find a straw that's longer than average...

  10. #50
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    He'd figure it out but what would he do with it? Having the answer is only half the problem. The answer the "normal" guy is trying to figure out means something to him and, although he might struggle with it, when he finally gets it, it has a meaning and a purpose. The "retarded" guy might have the answer but to him it might be meaningless and therefore, useless.



    I used to think so too when I was younger. It seemed like an easy fix. Too easy. Personally, the older I get, the more I realize how little I really know despite all the knowledge I manage to accumulate. It's frustrating. I don't find any bliss in that. But it keeps the hamster in my brain running.
    A meaning points to an object only.
    Not to the subject.

    He does not do anything with it.
    Why should he?

    You do.
    It is your loss.
    Not his.

Similar Threads

  1. Dyslexia IS a gift, It is NOT a disability
    By Betty Blue in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 03-11-2016, 10:49 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 11:04 AM
  3. your mental illness is NOT an excuse to be an asshole
    By miss fortune in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 10:06 PM
  4. Ginger hair IS a gift, It is NOT a disability
    By Quinlan in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
  5. Jeffster is a gift, NOT a disability
    By Jeffster in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 12:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO