Socionics
    ENTj

Slow is a completely different thing...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Slow is a completely different thing...
    I know, they just all seem like they develop slow in certain areas, be it coordination, mentally, etc.
    Im out, its been fun

Deviancies are by no means "gifts", neither negative nor positive ones.
    Nature and society promotes the average. Symmetry and standard is everything.

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

The thing that seperates humans from animals is their intelligence. Animals can learn and make determinations but in the end they are all based on instinct. See a predator, run. Feel in heat, mate. Hungry for food, eat.

Mental retardation, depending on the severity, can reduce a human's intellect to that of an animal. Have you ever watched a mentally retarded person go through life? Even if they are "functioning" and can walk to school, go to the bathroom, etc. they still take life one step at a time. They respond to stimuli much like an animal. They seem to have one thing on their minds at all times. Thinking seems to be quite a linear process for them. A -> B -> C.

You know how when you're a kid you think about how nice it would be to be born a pet cat or dog (at least I used to think about that when I was younger)? Never have to go to school, never have to work. Well, that's what retarded people are, pretty much. They eat that which is set in front of them, they can be "trained" to follow schedules, but they can determine nothing for themselves and are completely dependent on others.

Retardation is definitely a disability. Intellect is the only thing that sets us apart from animals. If your intellect is so disabled that your functioning is on an equivalent level of somebody's house pet, what is the point of even being human?

Sorry to anyone with handicapped friends/family. I'm not out to get rid of mentally challenged people, just trying to logically analyze this.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    The thing that seperates humans from animals is their intelligence. Animals can learn and make determinations but in the end they are all based on instinct. See a predator, run. Feel in heat, mate. Hungry for food, eat.

Mental retardation, depending on the severity, can reduce a human's intellect to that of an animal. Have you ever watched a mentally retarded person go through life? Even if they are "functioning" and can walk to school, go to the bathroom, etc. they still take life one step at a time. They respond to stimuli much like an animal. They seem to have one thing on their minds at all times. Thinking seems to be quite a linear process for them. A -> B -> C.

You know how when you're a kid you think about how nice it would be to be born a pet cat or dog (at least I used to think about that when I was younger)? Never have to go to school, never have to work. Well, that's what retarded people are, pretty much. They eat that which is set in front of them, they can be "trained" to follow schedules, but they can determine nothing for themselves and are completely dependent on others.

Retardation is definitely a disability. Intellect is the only thing that sets us apart from animals. If your intellect is so disabled that your functioning is on an equivalent level of somebody's house pet, what is the point of even being human?

Sorry to anyone with handicapped friends/family. I'm not out to get rid of mentally challenged people, just trying to logically analyze this.
    it seemed that the OP was being sarcastic about this. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's remarked that retards often have really friendly social skills.

High IQ tends to decrease sociability.
    The smarter I've got the more I've grown to hate people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Retarded people are able to think more simply than normal people. Many times when normal guy is trying to figure out some simple things they might miss the answer simply because the answer is so simple that they cant think like that. If it was some retarded guy trying to figure the same thing out he most likely would get it in a second.

discuss
    I agree. Also, the nice thing about retarded people is that they're pretty much incapable of being pretentious.

assburgers

Senior Member sketchymcsketcherson's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by haag261390 View Post
    it seemed that the OP was being sarcastic about this. I wouldn't take it so seriously.
    Uh...yeah. It was pretty obvious that the OP was being sarcastic. But I assumed the discussion was at least somewhat serious.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by sketchymcsketcherson View Post
    they still take life one step at a time. They respond to stimuli much like an animal. They seem to have one thing on their minds at all times. Thinking seems to be quite a linear process for them. A -> B -> C.
    That sounds remarkably like some descriptions of sensors...
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Why is this thread not in the graveyard?