User Tag List

First 12

I can be emotionally consonant or emotionally dissonant.

And I can be intellectually understood or intellectually misunderstood.

So I can be consonant and understood, or consonant and misunderstood. Or I can be dissonant and understood or dissonant and misunderstood.

Each combination has its uses.

I find the most difficult is to be dissonant and misunderstood. Often because it can be a little dangerous.

But there is little danger here, so I can be dissonant and misunderstood to my heart's content.

It's like exercising an unused muscle - sometimes a little painful, sometimes I overdo it - but always something new and exciting.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My concept of myself differed so often from how my family portrayed me that I lost most of my self-identity I think.

It's slowly coming back, because of all my interaction with people outside of my family these days. What they think of me differs greatly from my family (and tends to be much more positive).

In a way, it has retrospectively made me angrier toward my family, since now they seem like the only people on the planet that don't appreciate certain things in me. But is it justified? Are the comments I'm getting from these acquaintances more accurate than the ones from my family? I have no idea. I'm insecure, I'm always wondering who is correct.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 02-18-2010 at 07:19 PM.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    In a way, it has retrospectively mad me angrier toward my family, since now they seem like the only people on the planet that don't appreciate certain things in me. But is it justified? Are the comments I'm getting from these acquaintances more accurate than the ones from my family? I have no idea. I'm insecure, I'm always wondering who is correct.
    Difference between family and all the other people is that you can't choose your family. That's why some have to deal with great differences between different members of their family. I know I wouldn't want to make friends with some of my family members, if I met them now for the first time. I don't think that is a bad thing to think this way. People are different, and your family judges you more harshly than the others because the others that would judge you just aren't involved enough to say anything. Personally I try to find the people I am comfortable with. I can't please everyone. (This doesn't mean that I would burn bridges behind me, though...)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm used to people having weird ideas about my personality. Although, their misconceptions are usually predictable, occasionally one catches me off-guard as it's really "out there"....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe