User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have a vivid imagination?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • NF - Yes

32 34.41%
  • NF - No

9 9.68%
  • NT - Yes

32 34.41%
  • NT - No

8 8.60%
  • SP - Yes

8 8.60%
  • SP - No

1 1.08%
  • SJ - Yes

3 3.23%
  • SJ - No

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Do you have a vivid imagination?

I was wondering what types could have a vivid imagination as INFJs seem to be associated with one. To define for this thread: A vivid imagination is the ability to easily see pictures and 3D forms in your mind rather than just the idea of something.

For myself, if I focus I can get a hazy, fog-covered picture of something, whereas a few of my friends claim to see an almost perfect picture and focus to get more detail into it. They are all artists to some degree.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

A vivid imagination? I think my imagination is extremely vivid. But only the things of importance are 'sharp' in the images I see. And I can light up whatever I deem important whenever I want.

It's like looking at a picture with binoculars. Great detail where it matters.

Faces are usually fuzzy, but breasts are clear as day.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

THAT'S what I'm talking about!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    To define for this thread: A vivid imagination is the ability to easily see pictures and 3D forms in your mind rather than just the idea of something.
    Based on this definition...no. Not at all. Whenever I take those multiple intelligences tests, the visual/spatial part is always the absolute lowest.

I can't picture anything in my head no matter how hard I try. It's very very foggy...and it flickers on and off, if that makes any sense.

I do much better with sound.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I was wondering what types could have a vivid imagination as INFJs seem to be associated with one. To define for this thread: A vivid imagination is the ability to easily see pictures and 3D forms in your mind rather than just the idea of something.

For myself, if I focus I can get a hazy, fog-covered picture of something, whereas a few of my friends claim to see an almost perfect picture and focus to get more detail into it. They are all artists to some degree.
    I was one of those kids at school who was always labelled as "she has a vivid imagination" meaning "she drifts of into lala land" Umm, to be honest i do not see things very well in 3d when i think of them, but i am able to formulate pretty awsome ideas that are generally out of the ordinary with my imagination.
    In my opinion the people best suited to having vivid imagination as you put it in the op are dyslexic individuals as they are predominantly right brainers, which deals with the imagination.
    I have a general Gem test with it. I just ask someone to think of the number three and ask them what they see?
    What do you see skyward?

If the answers just a digit 3, then like me your probably not dyslexic.
    If the answer is somthing like..."oh i see a big green three curved at the sides, it so high, it's leaning to the left/right, it can jump, i can go around it and inside it and through it, i can manipulate it, touch it and i can change it into something else"
    Then by my own assumption (not fool proof) i'd say you were dyslexic and by defination right brained which in turn is someone with a vivid imagination.
    It's not difinative, just my own little test.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i can just almost see pictures when i imagine them and hear the music when i am imaging music. i think i can imagine sound more vividly than images, or at least i hear the sounds more clearly than i visual imaging. also when i imagine some scenario involving strong feelings i get the feelings nearly as strong as it was really happening. when imagining something visual its pretty much like having a thin layer in front of my eyes that i can see through and can focus on it perfectly, but i can zoom in on the picture to get better view on details but still they arent in perfect focus
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yes, I have a vivid imagination. It would come more naturally to those who usually daydream.

Yes, by that definition I have a vivid imagination. I think primarily in pictures, or music. Music is usually mixed in with my pictures. My mental pictures are usually pretty sharp. Some have hazy edges as if they were errant thoughts trying to run away. I suppose it's sometimes like a movie, and sometimes like still photography. It just depends. I also think in words but not as often as pictures.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am absolutely clueless when it comes to sound.

I forget tunes and songs seconds after hearing them, and it's not for lack of trying.

Visual memory is a-ok, but my auditory memory is absolutely horrific.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Yes.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla