User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have a vivid imagination?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • NF - Yes

32 34.41%
  • NF - No

9 9.68%
  • NT - Yes

32 34.41%
  • NT - No

8 8.60%
  • SP - Yes

8 8.60%
  • SP - No

1 1.08%
  • SJ - Yes

3 3.23%
  • SJ - No

0 0%
First 6789 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I do not have a vivid imagination by this definition.

My imagination is the size of multiple universes, but it is conceptual, to put it simply.

It's not my fault I have almost no mental visual manipulation skills. Darn physical limitations...
    So basically you understand what is going on in your mind by the concept itself rather than 'seeing' the concept in action and THEN translating that into a concept?

That is how my mind works. I have a mostly foggy picture of what's going on from the concepts that are interconnecting and acting. Any form of thinking on my part is just following the concepts until I reach a conclusion I'm seeking or until I get distracted.

In the book Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, the character describes how he reacts to things not by the idea of it happening -- which he states doesn't bother him -- but of the images he gets in his mind.

Now I'm wondering if a vivd imagination (And other kinds of thinking) correlates with different learning styles.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I dont even have an imagination

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Is this like pin the donkey on the lucid dream that walked ten thousand miles across the acid and tripped as soon as an imagination foot note cropped up along the vivid intersection of thoughts. Man I want some of that, and here an old staff member was saying how he enjoyed that leafy stuff, the younger staff member commented you mean a bong, hashish. Remember kiddie winks you too can have a vivid imagination just smoke some magic mushroom and prepare a canvas with colors neatly packaged next to them, preferably toe painting. Yay! go nuts.

I used to have a darkly creativity for that I did. Nowadays its lightly flavored with a hint of moo juice. I know, I has an imagination somewhere, but a vivid imagination, its like calling a vivid dream pot black.

You all have one, just differently interpreted. hahah a staple has an imagination too, vividly dreams of being a ninja staple that was proud to attach itself to a colourful sign on the back of some randoms back. 'The Nuts, foo! Kick the nuts! When kick me just ain't enough!'

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    So basically you understand what is going on in your mind by the concept itself rather than 'seeing' the concept in action and THEN translating that into a concept?

That is how my mind works. I have a mostly foggy picture of what's going on from the concepts that are interconnecting and acting. Any form of thinking on my part is just following the concepts until I reach a conclusion I'm seeking or until I get distracted.

In the book Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, the character describes how he reacts to things not by the idea of it happening -- which he states doesn't bother him -- but of the images he gets in his mind.

Now I'm wondering if a vivd imagination (And other kinds of thinking) correlates with different learning styles.
    If I understand correctly, I can relate to this! i do not generally picture things clearly in my mind visually. I do however have quite an imagination...I am often coming up with fantastical ideas, how the world will be in the future, and how bad things can be in certain situations :p I imagine utopia, beauty, nature, as well as deep darkness, sadness, and what it is like for someone to experience great emotion in their life. I imagine I am going through their experiences in life as they tell me their stories. I think this is all imagination...and I do not believe it needs to be purely visual at all! I know I have a unique learning style, so it makes sense to me that imagination behaves in different ways! :-) Good points, Luna L/Skyward!

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

People say that I have e vivid imagination, but that's not true. I see the world in caricature, that is all.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    Yes, by that definition I have a vivid imagination. I think primarily in pictures, or music. Music is usually mixed in with my pictures. My mental pictures are usually pretty sharp. Some have hazy edges as if they were errant thoughts trying to run away. I suppose it's sometimes like a movie, and sometimes like still photography. It just depends. I also think in words but not as often as pictures.
    Yes! I think in music too. I always thought that was so strange.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yes, I can play whole movies in my head. I can also imagine 3D objects and zoom, rotate and deform them. I was suprised to learn some people can't do this as it comes naturally to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, I kind of have a non-stop movie running through my brain. My memory has the hazy, cloudy aspect to it, so that thinking of the past feels surreal.... Probably why my imagination can feel more real to me than reality at times.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    Yes, I can play whole movies in my head. I can also imagine 3D objects and zoom, rotate and deform them. I was suprised to learn some people can't do this as it comes naturally to me.
    I'm the same way. It's also something many top surgeons can do.
    They said it helps them greatly, while doing surgery.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    To define for this thread: A vivid imagination is the ability to easily see pictures and 3D forms in your mind rather than just the idea of something.
    God, no. I've got a jumble of ideas going constantly, but I have to partially get something down on paper or on the computer screen, or hear it or see it, to be able to start fleshing it out in detail from there. It's all just a huge handful of worms crawling everywhere otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    If I understand correctly, I can relate to this! i do not generally picture things clearly in my mind visually. I do however have quite an imagination...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    People say that I have e vivid imagination, but that's not true. I see the world in caricature, that is all.
    And these for me too

I think the keyword is "vivid"--it seems to be sometimes misused when describing someone with an active imagination.