• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mental Age

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No, it says the IQ of a 10-year-old kid with the mental age of 12 would, by virtue of the mathematical equation, be 12/10*100 (= 120) or 120.

OH.
Lemme recalculate.
See you later.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
everyone be like 'omg I'm wise beyond my years, I knew it' :spindance:

:cowboy:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the calculation [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] posted I did based on the results of my last official iq test and current age (my result was 110 at 19 i'm sure now it's lower) and it put me at 30. I've always felt younger so i don't think that's correct

Nicodemus

the calculation [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] posted I did based on the results of my last official iq test and current age (my result was 110 at 19 i'm sure now it's lower) and it put me at 30. I've always felt younger so i don't think that's correct
That's because the concept of mental age is bullshit.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm, due to restraints my mental age is 1.6x. :mariobanana:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This would be easier.
Thus:
IQ/100 = MentalAge/BiologicalAge
x/100 = 46/17
x = 270

Still incorrect.
Then the test is inaccurate.

Lowest IQ value I’ve got on tests: 116 >> mental age = 19,72 > 19
highest IQ value I’ve got on tests: 134 >> mental age = 22,27 > 22

I support the concept of ‘Mental age’ as a value to link IQ and EQ, but it needs improvement, obviously.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My Real age: 20
What the test said: 32
How old I feel: 15

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mental age according to quiz: 44

Actual age: 33

Using this formula, MA = IQ/100 * AA, 43

Soo, interesting.

If the numbers weren't practically the same I'd call bullshit. Actually I'm calling bullshit anyway, cuz I have no idea what "mental age" even is.

And besides answering "Yes" to "If somebody farted at a funeral, would you laugh?" should have knocked me down to 12 years old.

Nicodemus

This would be easier.
Thus:
IQ/100 = MentalAge/BiologicalAge
x/100 = 46/17
x = 270

Still incorrect.
Then the test is inaccurate.
The test which gave you 46 and the IQ equation have nothing to do with each other. The test was created by some kid on the internet. The IQ equation, though debatable, was conceived of by the creators of the then-standard IQ test.

And besides answering "Yes" to "If somebody farted at a funeral, would you laugh?" should have knocked me down to 12 years old.
Adults can have a sense of humor and a distaste for forced solemnity too.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Adults can have a sense of humor and a distaste for forced solemnity too.

Agreed, but I'm guessing many would suppress laughter out of respect. I wouldn't be able to contain myself. It would probably come out as a snort.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Agreed, but I'm guessing many would suppress laughter out of respect. I wouldn't be able to contain myself. It would probably come out as a snort.

I think snorting is worse than outright laughter (depending on the situation). At least people look at me in a more disgusted way when I snort.

Real age - 46
Mental age - 53

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think snorting is worse than outright laughter (depending on the situation). At least people look at me in a more disgusted way when I snort.

Real age - 46
Mental age - 53

I'm not sure what you call it, it's not like the accidental pig snort. haha, i'm laughing just thinking about it. but one short snort. i'm like all giggly cuz i just spent like 15 minutes listening to sound effects of real people laughing, contagious i guess.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Mental age is 52...haha. Real age 25.

I think that would surprise many, it certainly surprises me. But then an arbitrary collection of options isn't going to represent real wisdom, which is in how you react and deal with certain aspects. Like your emotional understanding and the realism of your perspective on the world.

According to the old OP, using division of that 52 with 25 would give me 2.08 which would mean my IQ was 208! :rotfl:

But then he did say that test wasn't exactly a good one and I agree. Since mental age is more than just what things you like, in fact mental age is ironically....stupid. It's one of the more negative offshoots of the kind of mentality that presumes to know a person simply by averages and characteristics. So for example, 20 years old, a boy and at college studying the arts....probably likes a bit of weed then and listening to certain music types and reading certain books. Superficially that can help, but individually it's usually going to be wrong.

But that might be my bias based on not being particularly good at working things out like that.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The test which gave you 46 and the IQ equation have nothing to do with each other. The test was created by some kid on the internet. The IQ equation, though debatable, was conceived of by the creators of the then-standard IQ test.

Yeah, I’m not serious about that draft.
Just for fun is the point of this thread.

Empressc

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Real age: 19
Mental age based on the quiz: 47

:shrug: