• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's Discuss Te/Fi,Fi/Te vs. Ti/Fe, Fe/Ti

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's always plenty of talk on the forums about Te vs. Ti and Fi vs. Ti (especially) and Fe vs. Fi ...I'm not sure if I've ever seen Te vs. Fe, but okay, that too.

But what about interactions between types which share both Fi and Te or Ti and Fe? That is, grouping xxTJ and xxFP on one end and xxTP an xxFJ on the other.

My reasons for beginning this thread are the obvious recent conflicts between ENTPs and xNFPs...and personally I've noticed that while an obnoxious ENTP on the forum might make me feel vaguely homicidal for a split second, most of the xNTJs on here don't bother me in the slightest, even if they're being abrasive.

Anybody?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, for one thing it seems to explain the vaunted special connection between ENTPs and INFJs--each enjoys the mystical power of the other dominant iNtuitive function in combination with the same two judging functions (Fe and Ti) in the middle.

I think there was a recent thread about a similar relationship between ENFP and INTJ, which probably works for just the same reasons.

Once you see how deeply ingrained these Judging attitudes are into people's value systems, it becomes increasingly difficult to accept the proposition that we all use all eight functions routinely.

My theory goes that Fi/Te people get their conception of morality from the inside (subjectively) and their conception of logic from the outside (objectively.)

Ti/Fe people do the opposite, so it's plain to see how our ideas of logic and ethics blatantly contradict yours, and why we tend to ruffle each other's feathers so much.

G

Glycerine

Well for me, it's more or less strong feeling types that I clash w/ the most... strong Fi more than strong Fe but still. :sick: Other than that, I think that I get along w/ Fi/Fe/Ti/Te.

G

Glycerine

No ENFJ. But my F/T is kind of in the middle.
EDIT: my Ti use is average and my Ne use is abysmal.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No ENFJ. But my F/T is kind of in the middle.
EDIT: my Ti use is average and my Ne use is abysmal.

You're Fe dom and you have strong clashes with Fe doms? Really?

G

Glycerine

haha, you know the STRONG Fe-doms that if you don't fit into their vision of how things should be, then you're completely wrong and need to be fixed" types? Those are the ones I tend to clash with but I have met a few that I really like and I like the ones on the forum. :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha, you know the STRONG Fe-doms that if you don't fit into their vision of how things should be, then you're completely wrong and need to be fixed" types? Those are the ones I tend to clash with but I have met a few that I really like. :)

That was post #1000; are you going to disappear now?

G

Glycerine

I will post one more to respond to you. Yes because I have school to worry about and I have wasted too much of my life on MBTI. Bye!

Fecal McAngry

My theory goes that Fi/Te people get their conception of morality from the inside (subjectively) and their conception of logic from the outside (objectively.)

Ti/Fe people do the opposite, so it's plain to see how our ideas of logic and ethics blatantly contradict yours, and why we tend to ruffle each other's feathers so much.
Well, the first bit isn't your theory, that's simply reality:D Or what type-theory tells us, yada yada yada.

I do agree with the second bit. Fe is the function/attitude pair I relate to least. I get along splendidly with most NTPs, but as soon as Fe rears its head in a big way, it becomes a major turnoff and a source of much vexation. I have noticed that when it comes to politics, NTPs I like often tend to be swayed or charmed or relate to NFJ leaders like Obama, Clinton (Bill), or ESFJ leaders like Mike Huckabee etc. in a manner I find absolutely incomprehensible--I don't find 'em charming, I find 'em glib, insincere, blatantly full of shit, and essentially fascistic in their enforcements of conformity and faux unity. How I vomit to think of ENFJ Bill Clinton's repeated admonishments that we must do x "together." Or how 'bout this nauseating BC bit from 1995: "You can't say you love your country and hate your government."

INFJs, generally, lie somewhere in between (ENTPs and ENFJs)...When I watch Ron Paul interviewed, or Leonard Cohen (Gawd I love this interview: YouTube - Leonard Cohen on Q TV (CBC exclusive) ), I'm struck by the detachment they have from their Fe. It's certainly a valid part of their personality & worldview, yet they tend to be far less eager to enforce their moral codes on all who exist, and far more likely to understand that social mores are somewhat arbitrary and therefore "not entirely real."

Rant Mode Off

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see any pattern in my life relating the OP's conjecture.

I don't have a problem with ENTPs IRL. My dad is one, and while we are not close, we have never really argued. Outside of this messageboard, I've only met one who was abrasive and obnoxious. Most just seem silly & laid back.

I've had many INTP guy friends, and we tend to click quickly. Sometimes they are too argumentative and I am too sensitive, but if each of us mitigates those tendencies, then it's a very natural friendship.

I love ENFJs to death. I die over them!!! :wubbie: My best guy friends are ENFJ and I love them to bits. It feels like our minds are extensions of each other's - Fe & Fi feel very complementary there.

INTJs tend to leave me cold. I feel like they miss the point half the time & just nitpick. Being misunderstood & nitpicked are two of my biggest irritations, and I don't even feel like they try to understand me. The ESTJs and their Te is something I steer clear of. Strangely, I rather like some ISTJs, but they have to be a certain "kind". I don't know many ENTJs IRL, but the ones here don't bother me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe it's the P that bugs you. As a brown shower fan I can relate :doh: :shock: :yes:

G

Ginkgo

I will post one more to respond to you. Yes because I have school to worry about and I have wasted too much of my life on MBTI. Bye!

She will return... They always return.

Welcome to the Hotel California.

You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

sculpting

Can we shorten the names?

I'd like to call it the FeTi vs FiTe. It seems to be an evolutionary disaster. Damned neandertal inbreeding is my guess.

Heh, my rabbit dropping for the day:

FeTi-Type B personality, expect to see a feeling of calmness as enviornmental stress increases, a lowering of the tone of voice, the stronger Fe is.

FiTe-Type A personality, expect to see increased agitation, a raising of voice as enviornmental stress in increased.

Survey your local EXTPs-you will see they respond almost in opposite to what an EXFP would do.

When angry:
FeTi withdraws (although Ti can counter)
FiTe is outspoken

When hurt:
FeTi speaks up
FiTe withdraws (although Te can counter)

Lark

If people are acting like asses I generally put them on ignore, never thought to check if there was a pattern in typology, all those letters and abbreviations are for particular traits right?

G

garbage

For that matter, why do conflicts seem to be more exaggerated between TeFi and TiFe and not, say, between SeNi and SiNe?

My first thought is that perhaps the TF differences lead to differences in value judgments on a particular problem, where SN differences lead to differences in framing a particular problem in the first place.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
hrm, now that this is mentioned, I will say I've gotten along better with TJs and FPs than TPs and FJs. With a few exceptions. Doesn't really hold any water on a general basis but I'm just throwing it out there.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I actually get along with INFJs super well, usually like them with rare exceptions, and ENFJs a little less magnificently so, but I still like them...at least as friends. Actually, one of my best friends is either an ENFJ or ESFJ (she tests as both).

It just seems like the NTPs, especially ENTPs, ruffle my feathers as Sim said. In fact, the annoyance appears to be mutual on this forum. I was just wondering what's up with that. I've known a couple of ENTPs IRL and they are fun people, but like, they still have that ability to get under my skin (in a bad way) IRL too.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, I actually get along with INFJs super well, usually like them with rare exceptions, and ENFJs a little less magnificently so, but I still like them...at least as friends. Actually, one of my best friends is either an ENFJ or ESFJ (she tests as both).

what I should have said is that it probably has nothing to do with getting along, since to me type doesn't really matter in regards to that. But with people who use Fe and Ti there is usually something that's slightly 'off' when I communicate with them.

They make judgments on a different angle so that's probably why.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
When angry:
FeTi withdraws (although Ti can counter)
FiTe is outspoken

When hurt:
FeTi speaks up
FiTe withdraws (although Te can counter)
I haven't seen this before - does anyone else agree/disagree?

I certainly tend toward outspoken when angry and withdrawn when hurt. I've never really thought about it, but it never occurred to me that it could go the other way.