User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't see any pattern in my life relating the OP's conjecture.

I don't have a problem with ENTPs IRL. My dad is one, and while we are not close, we have never really argued. Outside of this messageboard, I've only met one who was abrasive and obnoxious. Most just seem silly & laid back.

I've had many INTP guy friends, and we tend to click quickly. Sometimes they are too argumentative and I am too sensitive, but if each of us mitigates those tendencies, then it's a very natural friendship.

I love ENFJs to death. I die over them!!! My best guy friends are ENFJ and I love them to bits. It feels like our minds are extensions of each other's - Fe & Fi feel very complementary there.

INTJs tend to leave me cold. I feel like they miss the point half the time & just nitpick. Being misunderstood & nitpicked are two of my biggest irritations, and I don't even feel like they try to understand me. The ESTJs and their Te is something I steer clear of. Strangely, I rather like some ISTJs, but they have to be a certain "kind". I don't know many ENTJs IRL, but the ones here don't bother me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Maybe it's the P that bugs you. As a brown shower fan I can relate
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I will post one more to respond to you. Yes because I have school to worry about and I have wasted too much of my life on MBTI. Bye!
    She will return... They always return.

Welcome to the Hotel California.

You can checkout any time you like,
    But you can never leave!

Can we shorten the names?

I'd like to call it the FeTi vs FiTe. It seems to be an evolutionary disaster. Damned neandertal inbreeding is my guess.

Heh, my rabbit dropping for the day:

FeTi-Type B personality, expect to see a feeling of calmness as enviornmental stress increases, a lowering of the tone of voice, the stronger Fe is.

FiTe-Type A personality, expect to see increased agitation, a raising of voice as enviornmental stress in increased.

Survey your local EXTPs-you will see they respond almost in opposite to what an EXFP would do.

When angry:
    FeTi withdraws (although Ti can counter)
    FiTe is outspoken

When hurt:
    FeTi speaks up
    FiTe withdraws (although Te can counter)

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

If people are acting like asses I generally put them on ignore, never thought to check if there was a pattern in typology, all those letters and abbreviations are for particular traits right?

garbage

For that matter, why do conflicts seem to be more exaggerated between TeFi and TiFe and not, say, between SeNi and SiNe?

My first thought is that perhaps the TF differences lead to differences in value judgments on a particular problem, where SN differences lead to differences in framing a particular problem in the first place.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

hrm, now that this is mentioned, I will say I've gotten along better with TJs and FPs than TPs and FJs. With a few exceptions. Doesn't really hold any water on a general basis but I'm just throwing it out there.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, I actually get along with INFJs super well, usually like them with rare exceptions, and ENFJs a little less magnificently so, but I still like them...at least as friends. Actually, one of my best friends is either an ENFJ or ESFJ (she tests as both).

It just seems like the NTPs, especially ENTPs, ruffle my feathers as Sim said. In fact, the annoyance appears to be mutual on this forum. I was just wondering what's up with that. I've known a couple of ENTPs IRL and they are fun people, but like, they still have that ability to get under my skin (in a bad way) IRL too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Well, I actually get along with INFJs super well, usually like them with rare exceptions, and ENFJs a little less magnificently so, but I still like them...at least as friends. Actually, one of my best friends is either an ENFJ or ESFJ (she tests as both).
    what I should have said is that it probably has nothing to do with getting along, since to me type doesn't really matter in regards to that. But with people who use Fe and Ti there is usually something that's slightly 'off' when I communicate with them.

They make judgments on a different angle so that's probably why.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    When angry:
    FeTi withdraws (although Ti can counter)
    FiTe is outspoken

When hurt:
    FeTi speaks up
    FiTe withdraws (although Te can counter)
    I haven't seen this before - does anyone else agree/disagree?

I certainly tend toward outspoken when angry and withdrawn when hurt. I've never really thought about it, but it never occurred to me that it could go the other way.