User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Value of "Flow" (Csikszentmihalyi)

Senor Membrane Array

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But the habits of thought that accompany child abuse continue to linger.

When I find I am wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?
    I do the same, of course. But first I need to see I am wrong. I don't know what am I supposed to be wrong about here.

The reason I answered your post as I did... half of it was truly just humor, and none of it was meant to make you feel abused. But, maybe you are abused, it's hard to know since we are communicating only in words here. How I have interpreted you is that you just like to make noise. It wasn't always so, but lately I have been annoyed by your insistence to drag every discussion to you and to how MBTI is not correct and might be bad influence to some. So, I admit I have a view of you now that makes me want to answer your posts with sarcasm. But you know, from my point of view, yes it is possible that you are abused and want people to see that you are hurt. It is also possible that you just want people to see you. If you indeed are hurt, I suggest that you start a topic about it and explain yourself in language that can be understood. I know it's not your style and everything, but if you are as creative as I think you are then you are more than able to speak in practical terms and make people see instead of making them guess.

And something that might be related. I keep having these flashbacks about that guy who used to be here. I don't remember his name anymore, but he had this Spinoza avatar. There is something same about you. He was also possessed with an idea and he just kept doing it all over again. It's just so annoying. It's like, have you drove a car with one of those navigators? Imagine having a broken navigator that keeps telling you to go somewhere you don't want to go. Who knows, it might be a good place to be, but if it's not where you want to go, it certainly starts to get on your nerves.

"Turn right in 400 metres..."
    "Turn right in 300 metres..."
    "Turn right in 200 metres..."
    "Turn right in 100 metres..."
    "Turn right now..."
    "Make a U-turn"

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Why? Isn't it reasonable to assume that any intense experience will be first written down by the mystics?
    Sex, music, sports, religious moments etc. provide a different, though easily confusable experience with the flow iirc. The ecstasy of a bleeding Virgin Mary does not fulfill the criteria needed for this theory.

You are creative, I believe you.
    I don't. Never did, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    /Facepalm/ Thanks for pointing the spelling out, I've asked the mods to change it. What is your skillset in?
    Didn't want to brag about the name, it was just a side note Most of my fellow countrymen are unfamiliar with Csíkszentmihályi, he gained more recognition in the international community, which is kinda sad.

"Skillset" may not be the most appropriate word, it was a mistake to use it. I meant that perhaps I'm too young to obtain a level of mastery in activities like drawing or constructing things, and this is definitely a requirement for flow.

5w4 sx/sp

BTW, I can't help reading it: "I arrived here more than 4000 years ago"
    It just feels like that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just because it's paradoxical, doesn't make it true.

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet
    Are of imagination all compact

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar

I believe in two types of "flow".

One being the Taoist sort of Flow where someone ceases to try, manipulate or force the state of things through his understanding of the natural way things are and have been and learns to let go, accept, trust, and embrace life and nature as it is, and should be.

The other being a more zone kind of Flow, where one is doing something as if it were divined through them, so engaged in a process that everything but that which they're deeply engaged seems, no, does, disappear. This kinda flow is beautiful and tends to yield works, or moments of sheer genius.
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles