User Tag List

First 1234 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    That's exactly why I don't like it, it doesn't ask why it's tradition, it just follows it. It just seems like a way of tossing something aside without examining it. There's no "reason" involved, it's just being thrown at you, almost like the person is telling you "it's right/wrong because I said so."
    They're coming from the viewpoint that sometimes, the road less travelled is less travelled for a reason, mayhaps. The difficulty I have with that is the same reason as you (and the rest here I guess) - without understanding the reason, I find it hard to accept, essentially, on faith / tradition. But I think I'm a Ti and Ne right.. so where does that fit.. Or is it the P taking over here? . .

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    They're coming from the viewpoint that sometimes, the road less travelled is less travelled for a reason, mayhaps. The difficulty I have with that is the same reason as you (and the rest here I guess) - without understanding the reason, I find it hard to accept, essentially, on faith / tradition. But I think I'm a Ti and Ne right.. so where does that fit.. Or is it the P taking over here? . .
    probably being an INxx contributes. INxx's tend to be more autonomous-minded, I think, from experience.

Ti = sees whether the behavior meshes with reality
    Ne = sees all the other ways something COULD be done

There won't be a knee-jerk rejection that stems from just TiNe.... there will just be a "That doesn't make any sense!"

Those with Ni as a lead are more prone to have the "Don't tell me how to look at this situation!" kneejerk attitude. I think, anyway.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

So which type would have the most common sense, and which would have the least?

My guess:

Most - INTJ or ISTP
    Least - INFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Most - INTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My guess:

Most - INTJ or ISTP
    Least - INFP
    I disagree. I think it would be ISxJ for most, and INxJ for least. (Those two styles of Introverted Perceiving functions really can't stand each other when they're brought face to face. If I get along with them, it's because I usually only interface with their Judging function.)

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    ooh. I see the INTJ in you now.

*scoots far away*

I'd go for ISTJ though. common sense should be based on "as is"?..

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I disagree. I think it would be ISxJ for most, and INxJ for least. (Those two styles of Introverted Perceiving functions really can't stand each other when they're brought face to face. If I get along with them, it's because I usually only interface with their Judging function.)
    I think ISTPs have what looks like common sense -- because they are looking at the world in a logical way. It's a "logical common sense" vs a "conventional common sense," if that makes any sense.

But it can lead to doing dumb things, like fixing a hole in your jeans with duct tape and wearing them to class... because it works and no one should care, but the teacher does ("Doh!" would say the ISxJ... and the ISTP would just become irate at how the world is so illogical).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

My guess:

Most - INTJ or ISTP
    Least - INFP
    which are you btw?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    which are you btw?
    INFP. I am far too humble to start a thread about something which is awesome about me. In fact, I was just thinking about how humble I am today. My thought process:

1. I'm not very proud. I'm probably the least proud person I know. I guess I am therefore actually quite humble.
    2. It's not very humble to consider yourself humble. In fact, it probably disqualifies you.
    3. But I hardly ever think of myself as humble. In fact, I almost never do. That means that most of the time I am really humble.
    4. Dammit, I'm doing it again. I'm really proud.
    5. Actually, the fact that I see the irony in being proud of my humility probably means I'm humbler than I thought.
    6. *basks in glow of own humility*
    7. Okay, I have to stop thinking about humility. I will be humble as long as I don't think about it, so I have to stop thinking about it.
    8. Purple elephants.
    9. I must find a way to shoehorn this thought-process into a thread on MBTI central.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

INFP. I am far too humble to start a thread about something which is awesome about me. In fact, I was just thinking about how humble I am today. My thought process:

1. I'm not very proud. I'm probably the least proud person I know. I guess I am therefore actually quite humble.
    2. It's not very humble to consider yourself humble. In fact, it probably disqualifies you.
    3. But I hardly ever think of myself as humble. In fact, I almost never do. That means that most of the time I am really humble.
    4. Dammit, I'm doing it again. I'm really proud.
    5. Actually, the fact that I see the irony in being proud of my humility probably means I'm humbler than I thought.
    6. *basks in glow of own humility*
    7. Okay, I have to stop thinking about humility. I will be humble as long as I don't think about it, so I have to stop thinking about it.
    8. Purple elephants.
    9. I must find a way to shoehorn this thought-process into a thread on MBTI central.

Least - INFP.

but back to the OP?. .