• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you arrogant?

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Jesus Christ! Are you^ an INTP or what? :nerd:
:hug:

MBTI Type
ENTP
not at all. but intellectually selfish, ohh yeah.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not arrogant; I just like to acknowledge my general superiority to other people.

Snow Turtle

If I am very intelligent but believe I am not very intelligent, that makes me dellusional.

If I am very intelligent and believe I am very intelligent, that makes me arrogant.

Under these rules, a very intelligent person cannot win.

Not at all. Mostly it'll depend on whether the intelligence is associated with self-worth. It's just whether there are people who do not believe subconsciously that they are better than other individuals due to this trait of theirs.

I'm special vs everybody is a special unique snowflake.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm very arrogant. Luckily I'm not selfish though.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i was...am...comes and goes

all i had to do was stop thinking in first person. you experience the world and take pleasure in small things and other people's lives

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Some people say I am. Others probably would never combine my name with that word. I guess I give different impressions on different people.

What do I think? Well, I have my arrogant moments I guess, but I think they come only when I have a hard time again. Usually I think I am not.

Sometimes however I can be cocky, but once I see I am failing with it I can loose it very quick :p

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Its because they re holding hands eckhart

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can be, though on very rare occasions. Most of the time, I appear too humble for my own good.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
In some ways at some times, yes. There is an element of self-amusement through certain types of competition too, but it's not a terribly serious thing (as in it's playful). I am also humble in many ways and generally deflect compliments, or have to put effort into accepting them graciously.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People will typically tell me "oh you are so humble". I think it can be a compliment, but it always makes me feel a little sick. I hear "you know your place and will submit like a good girl". On rarer occasion people will try to insult me by calling me arrogant, but I actually like it. I used to be "humble" which required that I lie to myself about who I am in order to please people around me.

I'm not humble - I'm honest with myself. I know exactly who and what I am. I'm not socially motivated, and that's the only difference. I don't walk around bragging about who I am to others, but that doesn't mean I'm not fully conscious of it.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People will typically tell me "oh you are so humble". I think it can be a compliment, but it always makes me feel a little sick. I hear "you know your place and will submit like a good girl". On rarer occasion people will try to insult me by calling me arrogant, but I actually like it. I used to be "humble" which required that I lie to myself about who I am in order to please people around me.

I'm not humble - I'm honest with myself. I know exactly who and what I am. I'm not socially motivated, and that's the only difference. I don't walk around bragging about who I am to others, but that doesn't mean I'm not fully conscious of it.

this makes me think of how my family thinks I lack passion because I don't share my passions very openly. Just because you cannot see it does not mean something is not there. I think everyone has a bit of pride in them - a sense of accomplishment for something they've accomplished or done. And I don't think there's something inherently wrong with it as long as you do not use it to harm others.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When it comes to some things, or A LOT of caffeine, yes I can become arrogant. Like asking a debate teacher if I can take on him and the entire class by myself.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Were they dropped on their head as a child or what?

Well, maybe on concrete or from a tree. Idk. Crazy things happen. In Romance of The Three Kingdoms. Liu Bei throws his own son that his general rescued off a horse and chews out his general for pulling a one man army move just to save the kid when the general is a general and the kid is a kid. Iirc he compares kids to be like wives and clothes. In the same time comparing a general to like an arm. Oh, how values have changed over time. lol

I can be self-depreciating. It's tough for me to be arrogant. I try to look back on my past experiences and say that I can do more things than I think I can do. I wish I were more arrogant.