User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I don't really bother to rank people, I think I can learn something from most people.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Now I'm not talking about the openly-arrogant individual that goes around shouting about how much better they are in comparison to other people, but the more subtle forms which is reflected in statements like "mass society is XYZ - I would not make that choice." or perhaps even choosing to hang out with certain individuals. One example: The idea of selecting friends, occasionally questioning friendships with people might be seen as being picky, and some could argue that this behaviour is being arrogant.
    I've always thought there's no way I'm arrogant, but if this makes somebody arrogant, then yes I am.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

ThatGirl

No, I just understand most things better than others...

So it appears arrogant when it is not.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'd rather call myself realistic.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    So I was looking through my psychology textbooks and I stumbled across this idea that more than 70% usually believe they are above the average in intelligence and all that.
    When you say "above average in intelligence and all that" do you mean as in IQ ? Makes me think they may have been looking at other areas... above average in abilities? Above average generally, or in specific areas?

I think that egocentrism applies to all human beings. We are often blind to many of our areas of less ability, or overestimate abilities that do exist. However, egocentrism is a normal stage in child development. As we age egocentrism should at least decrease.

What does this mean then for individuals who indeed are above average intelligence? This group of individuals is how frequent? Isn't it 20% of the population?

Some individuals are just naturally more self-conscious in many areas. Are these individuals more intelligent on average than the % of pop. who are overconfident?

And to answer your original question, yes, I am arrogant.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

If I am very intelligent but believe I am not very intelligent, that makes me dellusional.

If I am very intelligent and believe I am very intelligent, that makes me arrogant.

Under these rules, a very intelligent person cannot win.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

^ oooh, i likey!

The US is at war with Islam, and the US is not at war with Islam.

Logic is for mathematicians and philosophers and the birds, really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm completely an arrogant asshole.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    ^ oooh, i likey!

The US is at war with Islam, and the US is not at war with Islam.

Logic is for mathematicians and philosophers and the birds, really.
    I do not understand. Are you making fun of my post? I do not know what you are even trying to say by your second sentence, let alone if it is logically valid or not.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

no, on the contrary, being able to entertain 2 logically opposing things is the mark of an educated mind. I just like 1984 references too much, i suppose....

here's a more sincere one:

A photon is a wave.

A photon is a particle.

A wave is not a particle.

Q:What is a photon?

according to many in academia, feynman solved this dilemma, but there's still a lot of "metaphysical remainders" if you ask me, so it's still worthy of mentioning.

and as i was trying to point it and am trying to reemphasize with this post is that whether something is logically valid is a meaningless question to ask. a logician can not logically tell you what a photon is. Logic is for philosophers and mathematicians, not metaphysicists or thinkers.