As an ISTJ, I have traditionally strive to keep promises and commitments that I make to people. I always outline the possible uncertainties and explain them. I am realizing that this may not be the right approach in all case.
I realize that many people make promises and then break them. Some promises may be made under uncertainty and others just plain change their mind.
Some examples of broken promise include:
- promise to volunteer in a school association ticket sale
- promise to help out in a play as a security person
My question to you guys is:
1) What are the types of promises? What do you considered unbreakable promises? What do you consider breakable promises?
2) Do you make promise under uncertainty? Do you explain the uncertainty?
3) How do you feel when you break a promise?
4) How do you guys deal with other people's broken promises? Do you make contingency plans for them?
Help me loosen up on my promises and commitments!