First 123 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    do you look like Bill from Tokyo Hotel?
    That dude is a world wonder. But no, I'm not that feminine. I have a profile picture, man. Also, I posted stuff in the picture thread (I think the old, locked one).

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Do you get frustrated trying to figure out how to project your physical self in the face of labelling such as masculinity/femininity [this was what I was hinting at, regarding the 'social context']? Are you apprehensive about that (or even that you need to worry about that, in the first place)?
    Yes, generally. I mean obviously I don't want to be pursued by obnoxious men, just like any woman, but even more so for me since I'm a straight man. It's not only something I'm totally uninterested in and anoyed by, but also a source of fear when I consider how people may react when they find I'm male (some don't take it well).

The women don't behave the same way, but it's still awkward when they get my gender wrong. And it doesn't really make me feel good about myself, because I figure if I'm mistaken for a woman all the time, I may not be too attractive to any heterosexual woman that I'm actually interested in.

So I do assess my clothes in terms of dressing masculine or dressing feminine (which really isn't that feminine if you ask me, but whatver). I think about my apparent gender in general, and yes, it does bother me. I'd rather not have to think about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    Finally, if you could mold a world where people saw exactly what you wanted them to see, how would you like others to perceive you?
    That's easy. I'd be exceptionally beautiful, but to women, and I'd be distinctly male. Which is not to say I want to appear typically masculine, I just want people to know my gender. Most of our gender identifiers are articifial anyhow.

If you want to be more abstract, I'd want people to see me as unthreatening, and fascinating.

You know, it's going to be a long list of positive things, right?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Yes, generally. I mean obviously I don't want to be pursued by obnoxious men, just like any woman, but even more so for me since I'm a straight man. It's not only something I'm totally uninterested in and anoyed by, but also a source of fear when I consider how people may react when they find I'm male (some don't take it well).

The women don't behave the same way, but it's still awkward when they get my gender wrong. And it doesn't really make me feel good about myself, because I figure if I'm mistaken for a woman all the time, I may not be too attractive to any heterosexual woman that I'm actually interested in.

So I do assess my clothes in terms of dressing masculine or dressing feminine (which really isn't that feminine if you ask me, but whatver). I think about my apparent gender in general, and yes, it does bother me. I'd rather not have to think about it at all.
    May I ask, why the long hair? Do you like it, or do you like the extra veil (comfort) it affords you so that your face isn't that prominent?

And, you know, if you hide behind layers of clothes, it hides you more, yes, but, this also raises the ambiguity, because you are less apparent. Hidden. So, there might be something to the way you dress and why you get perceived the way you do. You, in trying to veil yourself, leave the door open for ambiguity.

Dress to be comfortable, don't dress to be comfortable because you're hidden.

That's easy. I'd be exceptionally beautiful, but to women, and I'd be distinctly male. Which is not to say I want to appear typically masculine, I just want people to know my gender. Most of our gender identifiers are articifial anyhow.

If you want to be more abstract, I'd want people to see me as unthreatening, and fascinating.
    Yes, gender identifiers are artificial, as are most things that gets evaluated through physical appearance. It's just the nature of the beast.

Stop hiding. Shake off the layers, and, stand in front of the audience, and let them be the judge again. If you've tried one way for so long, and it's not getting desired results, just for a social experiment, try its opposite (step out of your comfort zone)....

You know, it's going to be a long list of positive things, right?
    Of course, if you can note down those positives, then you can figure out concrete ways to manifest that externally.

Ask trusted friends for opinions, too.

I saw your profile pic, you are undeniably male, so I think a lot of the bells and whistles that you use, like the layers of clothing, your hair, etc., that are your security blanket.....covers the very thing you want women to see.

Our physical body is just a shell, revel in it. Experiment with its projection.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

May I ask, why the long hair? Do you like it, or do you like the extra veil (comfort) it affords you so that your face isn't that prominent?
    Sometimes I hide behind my hair. My hair goes way back, though. My mom cut it when I was a kid, and I hated the process, so my mom stopped. My hair grew long, and save one and only one time since, it's never been above my chin. So I'm very used to it being like this, and it has become a piece of self-identification I suppose.

I do like it. Also, there's a hint of laziness involved in just not cutting it.

And, you know, if you hide behind layers of clothes, it hides you more, yes, but, this also raises the ambiguity, because you are less apparent. Hidden. So, there might be something to the way you dress and why you get perceived the way you do. You, in trying to veil yourself, leave the door open for ambiguity.

Dress to be comfortable, don't dress to be comfortable because you're hidden.

Yes, gender identifiers are artificial, as are most things that gets evaluated through physical appearance. It's just the nature of the beast.

Stop hiding. Shake off the layers, and, stand in front of the audience, and let them be the judge again. If you've tried one way for so long, and it's not getting desired results, just for a social experiment, try its opposite (step out of your comfort zone)....

Of course, if you can note down those positives, then you can figure out concrete ways to manifest that externally.
    Hmmm. I don't think I've been told some of this before. I have nothing to say. I can only consider it.

Ask trusted friends for opinions, too.

I saw your profile pic, you are undeniably male, so I think a lot of the bells and whistles that you use, like the layers of clothing, your hair, etc., that are your security blanket.....covers the very thing you want women to see.

Our physical body is just a shell, revel in it. Experiment with its projection.
    Wellll... to get picky here, it's not like I've never been lightly clothed. I've head to go out in the middle of summer, long walks, and it usually gets into the 90s here. In those cases, lots of clothing was intolerable, so I dressed down. I still got hit on a lot.

But that final comment is more general, kind of like some of the other stuff. I don't know, I'll think about it. I have to go to sleep now.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

I need a zipper for my mouth. For some reason it is a struggle to avoid put my foot in the poop on this site.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Wow, that's weird. I feel the opposite (except for the extreme of being naked in public, of course).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Today a man stopped me to ask what my gender was.

Well, I guess his approach made it funnier. He said "hey, hey... what is your gender? I'm sorry, I'm lost". I said I'm a man, and he said "Oh shit!" and turned away. He was waking along with a woman. It's almost like they made a bet.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

YouTube - Rapist Glasses

grow a pedophile beard and get a pair of these^

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Poriferan/Adoamros: Do you feel compelled to wash your hands often?
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INTP

Trust you to quote me on that. Dummies.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Poriferan/Adoamros: Do you feel compelled to wash your hands often?
    Ehh, not really.
    Go to sleep, iguana.