• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which one is the most logical choice ?

Which one is the most logical option ?

• Total voters

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
yeah i dont understand the context either....

is this a "what's supposed to come next in this sequence" question? there are endless possibilities otherwise. and even if it is, as liquid pointed out, there's a number of ways to go about it. not a very good IQ item but maybe it would be a good item for testing imagination/creative talents.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember when I took an IQ test, and a question asked me to predict the next number in a sequence, and I got the "wrong" answer. The thing is, the formula I came up with also account for the series of numbers that I was shown. :(

As for this question though, it turns out I didn't even realize what I was supposed to figure out before I decided to look at what other people found. :laugh:

Last edited:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I wrote down 12,3,6 o'clock because i didnt know how to name the other positions ;) but over all conclusion it's C was from all 8 ball positions.

:). The question was which is most logical in your opinion, not can you answer it on your own. So I was doing my bit to make up for my IQ failure.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: I thought it was B since in the pattern above it had 3 blacks to 1 purple. Shows how logical I am. ;)

veins

I was torn between A and C, if it wasn't for the fourth picture, which broke the pattern. I chose C because of that. There were two constants which I noticed from all of the pictures, which were the white ball to the left of the lower center spot and the empty space opposite of that white ball. In the first three pictures, there was a pattern of the pink ball going up and down as well, and the fourth picture broke that pattern. So I figured that it's A-OK to reset the thing and add a new variable in, which was another pink ball.

ygolo

My termites win
If you label the slots 1 through 8 starting with the top, going clockwise:

The bolded entry is the pattern continuation.

1:black,black,empty,empty,black
2:empty,empty,empty,empty,empty
3:white,white,empty,empty,white
4:black,white,white,black,white
5:empty,white,empty,white,empty
6:white,white,white,white,white
7:black,color,white,black,color
8:color,white,color,white,color

With that pattern, C is the answer.

There may be other valid patterns, but this one popped out at me right away.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I remember when I took an IQ test, and a question asked me to predict the next number in a sequence, and I got the "wrong" answer. The thing is, the formula I came up with also account for the series of numbers that I was shown. :(
I never get to an answer, as I can find reasons why all numbers would fit... :(

Or what about this one, it got me struck and gave me an IQ of something too low to be able to study physics:

0 3 9 27 ...

It was simply wrong! The "correct" answer was supposed to be 81 = 3^4; but... it doesn't fit with the zero. 3^0 = 1.

Nowadays I skip this sort of questions when it takes me more than two minutes.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
0 3 9 27 ...

Lol, this is exactly why IQ tests should not be taken too seriously. Also sometimes the tests are outdated and assume things like the average person knows that a davenport is the same as a sofa. :D

I'm not saying IQ tests are totally off the mark, but they are not totally on the mark either.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Yes, I've found that too. Apparently you have to think exactly how the writer of the question thinks to get it right even if your answer is correct, dontcha know!

wolfy

awsm
Which option is the most logical option by your opinion ?

I would also like that everyone explains why did they conclude what they have concluded.

I looked at what everyone else had voted for and went with the largest group. That seemed most logical.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are possible patterns for all answers if you look hard enough, but A and C seem to have the most obvious patterns, C even moreso than A so I choose C. Because I see more obvious patterns in that sequence. So based on probability it's the most logical. :p

As for what is the correct answers, I don't think there is. This is so circumstancial that I can't fathom any worthy results coming from testing this particular question.

In other words, it's a crap question.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
D looks like a turtle, so I voted for that one. :p

YAY! An answer I understand! Woo-hoo!

Actually, I followed your explanation, Greed. Thanks. :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok The feedback is large enough for me to explain about what this thread is all about.

I had a conversation/debate with one guy (ENTP or INTP) about this and he said that that the correct answer is C. While I missed the pattern in C answer.

Plus I tend to think that this can be solved on many ways.

However I have challanged the guy about this. Since to me there is no logical answer. Which is because neither picture replresents something real. What means that circles can be rearranged/studied however you like.

What I am saying is that there is no consequences or outcome what means all combinations are logical in a way. It is visible that the option C is the the nicest one however it make as much sense to me as any other solution because there is no outcome.

However this comment of mine pissed off the guy since he saw it as a sneaky tactic to win an argument. Especially since I missed the most logical answer and he didn't.
While his logic doesn't make any real sense to me.

So I am wondering how many NJs actually fully agrees with me and how many NPs thinks this is a smartass answer ?
(sensors are free to comment as well)

Be honest since I can take criticism and I am quite curious about how much this comes down to Ne vs. Ni ?

MBTI Type
ENTP
C. watching individual position from one to the next.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
So I am wondering how many NJs actually fully agrees with me and how many NPs thinks this is a smartass answer ?
(sensors are free to coment as well)

Be honest since I can take criticism and I am quite curious about how much this comes down to Ne vs. Ni ?

I agree with what you are saying, so I'm not sure if it is Ne vs. Ni. I would tend to think that Ne would keep seeing all of the possibilities while Ni would at some point decide one of them is correct.