• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which one is the most logical choice ?

Which one is the most logical option ?

• Total voters

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I had no reason but said that C is the one that least conflicts so... Kind of funny that was correct.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
well maybe you could provide some of those many answers??

sometimes there are really many answers, but those questions should be kicked out. i dont see many answers in this one,but because after seeing it's C i didnt look more.

Part of the problem with C (or any of the choices) is that you could never reach that answer if the problem wasn't multiple choice. For example the 12 o'clock ball goes

12 o'clock black-black-nothing-nothing
10/11 o'clock pink-white-pink-white
9 o'clock black-pink-white-black

If C is correct the 12 o'clock follows a 2-on, 2-off cycle. The 10/11 o'clock follows a length 2 oscillating cycle. The 9 o'clock follows a length 3 oscillating cycle. There is no consistent pattern. One could never arrive at C without a multiple choice option.

Here is a different pattern: The number of balls is 6 - 7 - 4 - 5. The most obvious pattern is +1 then -3 for balls. So there should be 2 balls in the final answer. (Obviously that is not one of the choices given.) Another pattern could be 6 - 7 - 4 - 5 - 6. The answer has 6 balls. However since each previous entry had at most one pink ball we can eliminate C, so A is correct.

And this is just a sample. I could go on and on. There are a lot of ways to come up with an answer, but in the end you could never be sure which one was right unless multiple choice options were given. That is because there is no consistent logic to this problem so it has to be invented and tweaked until it starts to resemble one of the answers.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Agree with LiquidLaser. If you dig, there are probably other legitimate answers.

Top-black black none none (black)

12 o'clock goes black-black-nothing-nothing ->black
or 3 o'clock white-white-nothing-nothing->white

These don't suggest any pattern.

I'd probably say (starting at top going anticlockwise):

1. black-black-none-none (can conclude nothing)
2. purple-white-purple-white (pattern)
3. black-purple-white-black (suggests a pattern with purple next)
4. white-white-white-white (constant)
5. none-white-none-white (pattern)
6. black-white-white-black (suggests a pattern with white next)
7. white-white-none-none (can conclude nothing)
8. none- none-none-none (constant)

Solution has:

2. purple (rules out A)
4. white (rules out B and D)
5. none (rules out B and D)
8. none (rules out B)

probably has:
3. purple (fits with A and C)
6. white (fits with A and C)

C is a good answer

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Part of the problem with C (or any of the choices) is that you could never reach that answer if the problem wasn't multiple choice. For example the 12 o'clock ball goes

If C is correct the 12 o'clock follows a 2-on, 2-off cycle. The 10/11 o'clock follows a length 2 oscillating cycle. The 9 o'clock follows a length 3 oscillating cycle. There is no consistent pattern. One could never arrive at C without a multiple choice option.

Here is a different pattern: The number of balls is 6 - 7 - 4 - 5. The most obvious pattern is +1 then -3 for balls. So there should be 2 balls in the final answer. (Obviously that is not one of the choices given.) Another pattern could be 6 - 7 - 4 - 5 - 6. The answer has 6 balls. However since each previous entry had at most one pink ball we can eliminate C, so A is correct.

And this is just a sample. I could go on and on. There are a lot of ways to come up with an answer, but in the end you could never be sure which one was right unless multiple choice options were given. That is because there is no consistent logic to this problem so it has to be invented and tweaked until it starts to resemble one of the answers.

Yep. Which is why I end up going with whatever is most consistently close to what I see.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I did it! (C)
I'm not really good at "filling in the blank" tests like this. Though I'm better at it when it's not with numbers...

I've looked at each bead separately. I assume all patterns are repetitive with a period of three or less, otherwise the thing is unsolvable.

From the top bead clockwise:
Black, black, none, none, black.
None, none, none, none, none.
White, white, none, none, white.
Black, white, white, black, white
None, white, none, white, none
White, white, white, white, white
Black, pink, white, black, pink.
Pink, white, pink, white, pink.

If they say "logical" they mean "the simplest pattern". I've got difficulties with guessing what THEY see as the simplest pattern... Mostly there are more than one answer to those things.

Take this one for example:

B W B W W B ?

1) B
2) W

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Here is a different pattern: The number of balls is 6 - 7 - 4 - 5. The most obvious pattern is +1 then -3 for balls. So there should be 2 balls in the final answer. (Obviously that is not one of the choices given.)

That's the first pattern I found. After I realized it was not the answer, I stopped because I was annoyed.

Edit: And now that I've stared at it another five minutes, I also thought it could be B. Each of the three pics contains two white balls at identical lengths from each other, and these pairs face in the direction of three different quadrants. Answer B has white balls at the same length from each other that face in the fourth quadrant direction. Specifically, it goes: down/right, up/right, down/left, and then answer B has up/left.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I would have chosen A or C since the amount of balls was even-uneven-even, but from there I had no idea how to solve it. I'm stupid. I never get these couple of hardest puzzles they throw in the IQ tests.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
I voted for B, because I didn't bother reading the OP, and because my surname begins with B. After I read the OP I would have voted for D because it looks like an insect panda with a bump on its head and a turtle. Who said F's can't think?

Chloe

Well such tests aren't exact science. They ask you to give which is they most logic one of those the offered.
And if they gave you 4 lines, of course the pattern they imagined needs to fall within 4... i mean, if you have 12 o'clock white-white-nothing-nothing
you can imagine it goes "white-white-noth-noth-pink-pink-black-black-all over again" - but it clearly doesnt go like this because then it would be unsolvable.

so yes, there are many answers to this, but not in the way they asked it.

so if you saw the reasoning for C, and this one, you'd pick A?
no. i dont think so.. because clearly C is much stronger reason.

and i dont see how 6-7-4-5-6 should be valid.

if you go by 6-7-4-5 next one should be 2.
so 6-7-4-5-2-3
and even ignoring the fact there are black balls too... or that last offered has no pink ones.

edit: yeah i saw now the "2" answer, but it's not offered... and IMO 6 balls makes no sense...

Chloe

Agree with LiquidLaser. If you dig, there are probably other legitimate answers.

These don't suggest any pattern.

I'd probably say (starting at top going anticlockwise):

1. black-black-none-none (can conclude nothing)
2. purple-white-purple-white (pattern)
3. black-purple-white-black (suggests a pattern with purple next)
4. white-white-white-white (constant)
5. none-white-none-white (pattern)
6. black-white-white-black (suggests a pattern with white next)
7. white-white-none-none (can conclude nothing)
8. none- none-none-none (constant)

Solution has:

2. purple (rules out A)
4. white (rules out B and D)
5. none (rules out B and D)
8. none (rules out B)

probably has:
3. purple (fits with A and C)
6. white (fits with A and C)

C is a good answer

I wrote down 12,3,6 o'clock because i didnt know how to name the other positions ;) but over all conclusion it's C was from all 8 ball positions.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
so if you saw the reasoning for C, and this one, you'd pick A?
no. i dont think so.. because clearly C is much stronger reason.

and i dont see how 6-7-4-5-6 should be valid.

if you go by 6-7-4-5 next one should be 2.
so 6-7-4-5-2-3
and even ignoring the fact there are black balls too... or that last offered has no pink ones.

Wait, he said that the last one should be 2 and that this particular answer choice was not provided.

And actually, the 6-7-4-5-6 answer is no less "valid" than the one you guys have identified for C. It (1) repeats the number string by returning to 6, (2) repeats the lower left white ball, (3) continues a white-white-none-none pattern on the right side middle white ball by returning to white, and (4) continues the black-white-white-black pattern on the lower right ball by returning to white. How is the pattern with C any more special? The only pattern in it that uniquely repeats itself is the pink-white-pink-white. Does that make it the better answer?

So there should be 2 balls in the final answer. (Obviously that is not one of the choices given.)

Chloe

Wait, he said that the last one should be 2 and that this particular answer choice was not provided.

yeah i didnt see that one, but still makes no difference because there is no 2 balls in offered answers and even then i dont see why the last one (in question) has no black balls, it's simply weakest pattern....
and answer A to me makes no sense.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
yeah i didnt see that one, but still makes no difference because there is no 2 balls in offered answers and even then i dont see why the last one (in question) has no black balls, it's simply weakest pattern....
and answer A to me makes no sense.

See my edit.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
C because each position has its own color pattern, but if it wasn't multiple choice, I wouldn't have chosen that sequence.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hahah I voted an THEN the picture showed up. I thought it was just pick which letter is the most logical.

Chloe

And actually, the 6-7-4-5-6 answer is no less "valid" than the one you guys have identified for C. It (1) repeats the number string by returning to 6, (2) repeats the lower left white ball, (3) continues a white-white-none-none pattern on the right side middle white ball by returning to white, and (4) continues the black-white-white-black pattern on the lower right ball by returning to white. How is the pattern with C any more special? The only pattern in it that uniquely repeats itself is the pink-white-pink-white. Does that make it the better answer?

For answer C you have connection for each ball, and each position of the ball, and color. You only pick few links (patterns) and then make some connection but didnt explain why are other balls placed as they are. I dont even understand why is this up for discussion. :blush: And yes, C is much stronger than A.

Or lets put it in reversed way, if you want to make by yourself such question, following patterns you found in answer A could you really make 4 pictures from the question as they are, or you could make them in many ways?
Because if you follow patterns that lead you to answer C you can make question exactly as it was. Each ball position is determined.

And btw., to me it seems that just noticing the individual ball changes by position is 90% of the answer.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
The increase from 6 to 7 could indicate addition(, and the decrease from 7 to 4 would then indicate subtraction which brings you to 9, adding 5 brings you to 14, and so on...

6+7=13... 7-4=9... 9+5=14... 14-5=9... 9+6=15... 15-6=9... 9+7=16

D, or "5" is logical because the goal is to get to 16.

After thinking about it... You could apply multiplication and division too, as long as the divided sum equates to 10.5... You need to get to 73.5.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Uhhhhhhhh......

This thread is bad for my self esteem.