User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one is the most logical option ?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 2.00%
  • B

8 16.00%
  • C

26 52.00%
  • D

2 4.00%
  • I honestly don't know

8 16.00%
  • I have no idea and I tryed hard (over 5 min)

5 10.00%
First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I remember when I took an IQ test, and a question asked me to predict the next number in a sequence, and I got the "wrong" answer. The thing is, the formula I came up with also account for the series of numbers that I was shown.
    I never get to an answer, as I can find reasons why all numbers would fit...

Or what about this one, it got me struck and gave me an IQ of something too low to be able to study physics:

0 3 9 27 ...

It was simply wrong! The "correct" answer was supposed to be 81 = 3^4; but... it doesn't fit with the zero. 3^0 = 1.

Nowadays I skip this sort of questions when it takes me more than two minutes.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    0 3 9 27 ...
    Lol, this is exactly why IQ tests should not be taken too seriously. Also sometimes the tests are outdated and assume things like the average person knows that a davenport is the same as a sofa.

I'm not saying IQ tests are totally off the mark, but they are not totally on the mark either.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I remember when I took an IQ test, and a question asked me to predict the next number in a sequence, and I got the "wrong" answer. The thing is, the formula I came up with also account for the series of numbers that I was shown.
    Yes, I've found that too. Apparently you have to think exactly how the writer of the question thinks to get it right even if your answer is correct, dontcha know!

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Which option is the most logical option by your opinion ?

I would also like that everyone explains why did they conclude what they have concluded.
    I looked at what everyone else had voted for and went with the largest group. That seemed most logical.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

There are possible patterns for all answers if you look hard enough, but A and C seem to have the most obvious patterns, C even moreso than A so I choose C. Because I see more obvious patterns in that sequence. So based on probability it's the most logical. :P

As for what is the correct answers, I don't think there is. This is so circumstancial that I can't fathom any worthy results coming from testing this particular question.

In other words, it's a crap question.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    D looks like a turtle, so I voted for that one. :P
    YAY! An answer I understand! Woo-hoo!

Actually, I followed your explanation, Greed. Thanks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Yeah, actually I changed my mind too. I Think E was the most logical.
    I agree. E seems the natural choice for an ENFP.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Ok The feedback is large enough for me to explain about what this thread is all about.

I had a conversation/debate with one guy (ENTP or INTP) about this and he said that that the correct answer is C. While I missed the pattern in C answer.

Plus I tend to think that this can be solved on many ways.

However I have challanged the guy about this. Since to me there is no logical answer. Which is because neither picture replresents something real. What means that circles can be rearranged/studied however you like.

What I am saying is that there is no consequences or outcome what means all combinations are logical in a way. It is visible that the option C is the the nicest one however it make as much sense to me as any other solution because there is no outcome.

However this comment of mine pissed off the guy since he saw it as a sneaky tactic to win an argument. Especially since I missed the most logical answer and he didn't.
    While his logic doesn't make any real sense to me.

So I am wondering how many NJs actually fully agrees with me and how many NPs thinks this is a smartass answer ?
    (sensors are free to comment as well)

Be honest since I can take criticism and I am quite curious about how much this comes down to Ne vs. Ni ?

MBTI
    ENTP

C. watching individual position from one to the next.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    So I am wondering how many NJs actually fully agrees with me and how many NPs thinks this is a smartass answer ?
    (sensors are free to coment as well)

Be honest since I can take criticism and I am quite curious about how much this comes down to Ne vs. Ni ?
    I agree with what you are saying, so I'm not sure if it is Ne vs. Ni. I would tend to think that Ne would keep seeing all of the possibilities while Ni would at some point decide one of them is correct.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com