User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one is the most logical option ?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 2.00%
  • B

8 16.00%
  • C

26 52.00%
  • D

2 4.00%
  • I honestly don't know

8 16.00%
  • I have no idea and I tryed hard (over 5 min)

5 10.00%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I had no reason but said that C is the one that least conflicts so... Kind of funny that was correct.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    well maybe you could provide some of those many answers??

sometimes there are really many answers, but those questions should be kicked out. i dont see many answers in this one,but because after seeing it's C i didnt look more.
    Part of the problem with C (or any of the choices) is that you could never reach that answer if the problem wasn't multiple choice. For example the 12 o'clock ball goes

12 o'clock black-black-nothing-nothing
    10/11 o'clock pink-white-pink-white
    9 o'clock black-pink-white-black

If C is correct the 12 o'clock follows a 2-on, 2-off cycle. The 10/11 o'clock follows a length 2 oscillating cycle. The 9 o'clock follows a length 3 oscillating cycle. There is no consistent pattern. One could never arrive at C without a multiple choice option.

Here is a different pattern: The number of balls is 6 - 7 - 4 - 5. The most obvious pattern is +1 then -3 for balls. So there should be 2 balls in the final answer. (Obviously that is not one of the choices given.) Another pattern could be 6 - 7 - 4 - 5 - 6. The answer has 6 balls. However since each previous entry had at most one pink ball we can eliminate C, so A is correct.

And this is just a sample. I could go on and on. There are a lot of ways to come up with an answer, but in the end you could never be sure which one was right unless multiple choice options were given. That is because there is no consistent logic to this problem so it has to be invented and tweaked until it starts to resemble one of the answers.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Agree with LiquidLaser. If you dig, there are probably other legitimate answers.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyMeg011 View Post
    Top-black black none none (black)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    12 o'clock goes black-black-nothing-nothing ->black
    or 3 o'clock white-white-nothing-nothing->white
    These don't suggest any pattern.

I'd probably say (starting at top going anticlockwise):

1. black-black-none-none (can conclude nothing)
    2. purple-white-purple-white (pattern)
    3. black-purple-white-black (suggests a pattern with purple next)
    4. white-white-white-white (constant)
    5. none-white-none-white (pattern)
    6. black-white-white-black (suggests a pattern with white next)
    7. white-white-none-none (can conclude nothing)
    8. none- none-none-none (constant)

Solution has:

2. purple (rules out A)
    4. white (rules out B and D)
    5. none (rules out B and D)
    8. none (rules out B)

probably has:
    3. purple (fits with A and C)
    6. white (fits with A and C)

C is a good answer
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Part of the problem with C (or any of the choices) is that you could never reach that answer if the problem wasn't multiple choice. For example the 12 o'clock ball goes

If C is correct the 12 o'clock follows a 2-on, 2-off cycle. The 10/11 o'clock follows a length 2 oscillating cycle. The 9 o'clock follows a length 3 oscillating cycle. There is no consistent pattern. One could never arrive at C without a multiple choice option.

Here is a different pattern: The number of balls is 6 - 7 - 4 - 5. The most obvious pattern is +1 then -3 for balls. So there should be 2 balls in the final answer. (Obviously that is not one of the choices given.) Another pattern could be 6 - 7 - 4 - 5 - 6. The answer has 6 balls. However since each previous entry had at most one pink ball we can eliminate C, so A is correct.

And this is just a sample. I could go on and on. There are a lot of ways to come up with an answer, but in the end you could never be sure which one was right unless multiple choice options were given. That is because there is no consistent logic to this problem so it has to be invented and tweaked until it starts to resemble one of the answers.
    Yep. Which is why I end up going with whatever is most consistently close to what I see.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ENTP

I did it! (C)
    I'm not really good at "filling in the blank" tests like this. Though I'm better at it when it's not with numbers...

I've looked at each bead separately. I assume all patterns are repetitive with a period of three or less, otherwise the thing is unsolvable.

From the top bead clockwise:
    Black, black, none, none, black.
    None, none, none, none, none.
    White, white, none, none, white.
    Black, white, white, black, white
    None, white, none, white, none
    White, white, white, white, white
    Black, pink, white, black, pink.
    Pink, white, pink, white, pink.

If they say "logical" they mean "the simplest pattern". I've got difficulties with guessing what THEY see as the simplest pattern... Mostly there are more than one answer to those things.

Take this one for example:

B W B W W B ?

1) B
    2) W
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Here is a different pattern: The number of balls is 6 - 7 - 4 - 5. The most obvious pattern is +1 then -3 for balls. So there should be 2 balls in the final answer. (Obviously that is not one of the choices given.)
    That's the first pattern I found. After I realized it was not the answer, I stopped because I was annoyed.

Edit: And now that I've stared at it another five minutes, I also thought it could be B. Each of the three pics contains two white balls at identical lengths from each other, and these pairs face in the direction of three different quadrants. Answer B has white balls at the same length from each other that face in the fourth quadrant direction. Specifically, it goes: down/right, up/right, down/left, and then answer B has up/left.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I would have chosen A or C since the amount of balls was even-uneven-even, but from there I had no idea how to solve it. I'm stupid. I never get these couple of hardest puzzles they throw in the IQ tests.

MBTI
    ENFP

I voted for B, because I didn't bother reading the OP, and because my surname begins with B. After I read the OP I would have voted for D because it looks like an insect panda with a bump on its head and a turtle. Who said F's can't think?

Well such tests aren't exact science. They ask you to give which is they most logic one of those the offered.
    And if they gave you 4 lines, of course the pattern they imagined needs to fall within 4... i mean, if you have 12 o'clock white-white-nothing-nothing
    you can imagine it goes "white-white-noth-noth-pink-pink-black-black-all over again" - but it clearly doesnt go like this because then it would be unsolvable.

so yes, there are many answers to this, but not in the way they asked it.

so if you saw the reasoning for C, and this one, you'd pick A?
    no. i dont think so.. because clearly C is much stronger reason.

and i dont see how 6-7-4-5-6 should be valid.

if you go by 6-7-4-5 next one should be 2.
    so 6-7-4-5-2-3
    and even ignoring the fact there are black balls too... or that last offered has no pink ones.

edit: yeah i saw now the "2" answer, but it's not offered... and IMO 6 balls makes no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Agree with LiquidLaser. If you dig, there are probably other legitimate answers.

These don't suggest any pattern.

I'd probably say (starting at top going anticlockwise):

1. black-black-none-none (can conclude nothing)
    2. purple-white-purple-white (pattern)
    3. black-purple-white-black (suggests a pattern with purple next)
    4. white-white-white-white (constant)
    5. none-white-none-white (pattern)
    6. black-white-white-black (suggests a pattern with white next)
    7. white-white-none-none (can conclude nothing)
    8. none- none-none-none (constant)

Solution has:

2. purple (rules out A)
    4. white (rules out B and D)
    5. none (rules out B and D)
    8. none (rules out B)

probably has:
    3. purple (fits with A and C)
    6. white (fits with A and C)

C is a good answer
    I wrote down 12,3,6 o'clock because i didnt know how to name the other positions but over all conclusion it's C was from all 8 ball positions.