• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type these websites

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was thinking the other day how different websites are engineered to convey just a particular mood, and some are designed to give a certain impression of the person behind the site. Then I got hit by an idea (yes, the idea smacked the side of my the head quite forcefully). Do different types of people get different impressions from website layouts?

I present you a bunch of templates I was evaluating for different kinds of "inspirations" and "impressions". Wonder if you get the same impressions, or more probably, not so.

Here goes.

Can you type some or any of these websites? Don't try too hard - I don't think MBTI applies very well to most of the sites.

Other factors dominate in website design. Some I think appeal to extroverts, some to introverts - just a wild guess.

The viewer's favorite color probably matters more.

20060802153726_1.jpg

20070221105142_1.jpg

20090210103342_1.jpg

20090210075324_1.jpg

20070221130333_1.jpg

20080415132656_1.jpg

20090518123641_1.jpg

20060726093308_1.jpg

20060217210632_1.jpg

20051115012747_1.jpg

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1. Artsy, clear, soft. Site of some poet-girl.
2. Bold, direct. Some assertive type is behind this one.
3. "Buying made easy". To me, this impersonal. This is for customers.
4. "Experience the serinity". "We have maintained the harmony for the last x centuries."
5. Clarity with a twist. "I have clarity and vision, but I'd rather keep you guessing".
6. Gives a systematic, controlled vibe, seems trustworthy.
7. Getting to know me is easy. Let me show you.
8. "The viewer is adviced to observe all the fine details in the work I've done." IxxP -mood?
9. "As another person who lives with their head in the clouds and everything beautiful in their heart, I'll tell you you'll just love our services." INFx? no? ESFJ? dunno.
10. "We're here. We're here now. We aren't getting away. We can deliver, right after you get your eyes off the blinding colors we've used." max E, T? ENTP?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's the purpose of this thread? Describe what impression the site makes on us? Attach a type to it?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, something like that .. I guessed something was wrong with the grammar of the title, but I didn't know how to correct it.

I thought of an alternative title as "type these websites", but frankly, not all of them can be properly associated to any type.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
These are my first impressions...

1) Unique, artsy, expensive. Not really exceptional, I'd expect the website from any jewelry store to look like it. Going for the "atmosphere" and "shopping experience" rather than for "informative" or "efficient". ISFP.

2) Bold, persuasive, successful, to the point (I guess the simple lay-out does it for me) ENTJ. (I was unsure about the N until I saw "How we work"... detail wrong, so I go for the N!)

3) Unclear (at first sight I thought it sold computers but that dissonated with the words 'domain registration'), modern, sales, informative, more focus on presentation and lay-out than on clarity (just compare with 2). ESTP.

4) Modern, cool, design. INTP.

5) Those colors don't fit together (yeah really my first reaction), the composition is wrong (it seems to fall to the left - at first I thought the site was in portrait). I dunno... some type with really bad Se? Should be ENTP, then.

6) No idea.

7) No idea.

8) Informative rather than persuasive. ISTJ.

9) Zen, cocooning, minimalist. INFJ.

10) Argh - this is blinding! Another ENTP!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Am I the only one who's appetite is being stimulated by the #10? The red makes me feel the taste of strawberry in my mouth. The green kind of accentuates it.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Number 7 is probably ENFP. Just the use of space and eye on visual order/clear communication.

Other's will take longer to decide.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What if I were to use the templates 2, 6, 7 or 8?

2 is the assertive simple red thing,
6 a clear, neutral acceptable thing,
7 a super-usable-form, form-and function-thing,
and
8 is a standard-form understatement-and-style-thing.