User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How would you describe the way you process emotion personally (not necessarily in MBTI terms)

I deal with them. I don't usually get irrational emotions (ones that aren't tied to something real) so I try to fix my emotions ASAP when they come up in me. Them being tied to reality makes them easy to deal with usually.

You do feel an emotion quickly or slowly in response to a situation?

Quickly.

Are your emotions intense or more lightly felt?

It depends; some of both.

When you experience an emotion, can you identify its source and understand why?

Yes.

Are your emotions pure and singular, or do they tend to be a mix of multiple feelings in a more layered and nuanced manner?

It honestly depends. Again, some of both.

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?*

There is a lot of both. I very much enjoy digging up the beneath the surface ones; it feels like revealing skeletons in your closet to yourself. Like seeing someone else's secret or personal demon; yet it's yours.

How do you view the role of emotions in your life? Is it important to you to feel? Does it provide you with insight or do they get in the way of other things?

They are very important. I get frustrated when I can't deal with my emotions because they don't stop though; and won't stop until I can deal with them. If that happens in the future, I still feel them even though I know I shouldn't be. Urgh. There are ups and downs to my emotions that's for sure. I wouldn't want to change though.

My emotions are like instincts. They provide insight yes. They also let me know when something is wrong with a situation; or when something isn't right with myself or another person. They can also get in my way; but they provide insight more than they get in the way.

How do you react to people who experience emotion in an opposite way from how you do?

Depends on what the reaction is to. Usually either annoyed or intrigued.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

How would you describe the way you process emotion personally (not necessarily in MBTI terms)

I generally ignore them unless they're something fun like happiness or excitement!

anger and excitement quickly- anything else has a good delay going on

they're all pretty light... I can't really think of the last time I intensely felt anything

if it's fear related to the cop driving behind me, yes... otherwise I'm not all that good at it, so I tend to put the emotion aside and focus on something else- this is surprisingly easy to do

Are your emotions pure and singular, or do they tend to be a mix of multiple feelings in a more layered and nuanced manner?

I'm not sure... these emotion things are confusing- like I said, ignoring them is my favorite approach!

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?

I'm really pretty bland- I'm not sure- I'm pretty tuned out of the whole realm of things being asked about here I fear

How do you view the role of emotions in your life? Is it important to you to feel? Does it provide you with insight or do they get in the way of other things?

do hunches count as emotions? I tend to go with them a lot... and I'm always out looking for something that will make me feel excited for a bit! Otherwise, not really

How do you react to people who experience emotion in an opposite way from how you do?

confusion... like people who cry at happy movies, I just don't get it! (and if its my sister I laugh at her for it! ) I try to be somewhere else if that happens... make myself unseen and slip out the door kind of thing...

Dammit Toonia! I've taken easier calculus tests!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

How would you describe the way you process emotion personally?
    I generally put them off if they are negative.

Do you feel an emotion quickly or slowly in response to a situation?
    Pretty quickly.

Depends on the situation, but usually intense.

Not always, sometimes i can feel down for no apparent reason

Mostly a mix. Only the stronger ones come out on top while i can't figure out the rest.

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?*
    I have absolutely no idea.

Its very important to me. They sort of navigate me in whatever i do.

[B]How do you react to people who experience emotion in an opposite way from how you do?[B/]
    I understand why they react in that way, i just don't get involved.
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I take hold of my feelings and let them work me into a frenzy, or I allow them to pass through me like a delicious electrical current. Less frequently, I swallow them down to keep from acting in a foolish or offensive manner.

My emotions respond to the situation the moment it happens, and it's hard for me to imagine them any other way.

My emotions are usually mild; only when I'm around people I care about, or have recently been with them, do I feel deeply.

Yes, almost always.

The more intense my emotions, the more complicated they become. Since I rarely have the chance to feel deeply, my emotions tend to be simple.

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?

I don't believe in the subconscious, so I can't answer this.

To feel is to experience a value of yours, and your values as a whole define who you are, where you stand, and where you wish to go. Not only do my feelings provide me with important insights, therefore, but they're a direct measure of the quality and nature of my life.

My reaction can be anything from amusement to irritation; it depends on what kind of emotion they're expressing and in what context.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

In a serious emotional blow, I feel it intensely at first, and then it seems to disappear, almost to the point where it feels that everything is fine, and I remain quite detached for quite a while, and then reemerges later when I least expect it. Same often goes for happy feelings.

You do feel an emotion quickly or slowly in response to a situation?Immediately and very briefly and then again a very long time later.

It varies. The intensity usually cycles in waves.

When you experience an emotion, can you identify its source and understand why?Almost always.

They are layered but I deal with them one at a time in their most simple form.

Mostly unconscious, but I try to bring bad feelings to the surface so that I can handle them rationally.

Gets in the way, almost always.

I don't, everyone experiences things differently. Though I guess when I see people who quickly and intensely feel emotions and announce them to the world it seems fake in a way sometimes.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

i'm an extreme intp. i do my best not to have emotions! an impossible quest. when i do have emotions they are usually intense. it's like i've been pushed into cornor or i'm on a high cliff looking down at the roiling turbulence below me wondering when it's all going to stop.