User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default People: they're so much more than their type...

Yeah?

Because they're also their diet, which I'm sure is interesting. And their childhood history. And the list of accidents that happened to them. And the books they read. And the parents they had and the color of their skin. And where they lived before they could choose for themselves.

And other fascinating stuff.

And that's important... because...

If it doesn't change your type, if indeed it feeds into your type and is read the way your type would read it, handled the way your type handles it...

So, yeah, type is just a PART of who you are, right? I keep hearing this. What's the other part, again? The history and accidents over which your type is instantiated?

The rest of the stuff that people keep on being fascinated by... what is it?

Just curious.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP

Not for INTJ's. INTJ's actually are just robots.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Yeah?

Because they're also their diet, which I'm sure is interesting. And their childhood history. And the list of accidents that happened to them. And the books they read. And the parents they had and the color of their skin. And where they lived before they could choose for themselves.

And other fascinating stuff.

And that's important... because...

If it doesn't change your type, if indeed it feeds into your type and is read the way your type would read it, handled the way your type handles it...

So, yeah, type is just a PART of who you are, right? I keep hearing this. What's the other part, again? The history and accidents over which your type is instantiated?

The rest of the stuff that people keep on being fascinated by... what is it?

Just curious.
    Please elaborate on your assumption of Type.
    I'll make the assumption of MBTI.

Would you say that you can read everything and everyone out there? Ever come across a problem that has perplexed you? One that isn't significantly explained by what type they percieve themselves to be? Or the type you perceive them to be?

If...

No: Nice for you.
    Yes: That's your answer.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think typologies are only one conceptualisation of clusters of traits, traits are determined by a lot of things, I tend to think the two greatest ones are biography and biology but even at that the economy and culture of any society will further shape individuals by channelling individual types in such a way as to meet with the demands of the economy and society.

Which isnt alwys a bad thing. No knee jerk libertarianism or existentialism here.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Typology is a low resolution view of human behavior.

Environment, culture, socio-economic status, socialization, physiology/health, indulgence/deprivation, exposure/shelteredness, education, religion, ideals, assumptions and prejudices, etc. add up to more than type imo. Each person is more complex than an observing person can ever fully understand. Typology attempts to extract root issues that apply more broadly and with complexity, but it does not paint an entire picture. I find this is true when I apply it to myself as well as to others.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Gen View Post
    Not for INTJ's. INTJ's actually are just robots.
    That does not compute.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hey, don't look at me, I'm just a system builder wondering about obscure variables. So what I'm getting so far:

Type is a macro view, and if you give a damn about people (or about sustaining a macro project) you'll sometimes give a damn about the details of the people, yeah?

Or, actually, if you give a big damn about people, you'll eschew type altogether and build a personal picture from the details, yeah?

So it's a matter of interest (and sometimes efficacy)?

The biggest group of typable people I've met and related too have been ENFPs. I am aware they are not interchangeable. At least one's a guy, others are young girls, one is a mature woman, and I relate to them all differently. But not that differently. Monster differences in relatings go to the INFJs, ENFJs, and ESFJs I know. Really different from relating to the ENFPs. Also, ENTJs. Although seemingly similar, the relationships are substantially different from the ENFPs. And so on.

Interesting project for the future: almost everyone I know is Chinese, but due to circumstances, almost everyone I meet in the immediate future won't be Chinese. I wonder if it will make much difference.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    entp

type is not a part of who you are, it is the basis, the foundation of who you are

i think anyways. values, belief systems, the outside world are processed cognitively through the functions

am i so laid-back because im an ENTP or am i an ENTP because im so laid-back

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    type is not a part of who you are, it is the basis, the foundation of who you are

i think anyways. values, belief systems, the outside world are processed cognitively through the functions

am i so laid-back because im an ENTP or am i an ENTP because im so laid-back
    whatever, Thatgirl.
    or whatever your name is.
    You all just look like NT's to me.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post

I agree.

And every time I say I do I worry that I'm wrong. But... how can the presence of preferred cognitive functions within your "self" NOT be substantially defining of that self? The "self" is something other than the cognitive processing of the world as it comes at you?

Boy meets Grr