• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Right brain/left brain?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Left over right >.< But right handed!

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Left thumb on top.
Right handed, right eye dominant (though as I'm a bit short sighted in my left eye there's not much incentive to deliberately use it).
I think I'm generally right side dominant, anyway, though I can use my left ok.

As for the dancer, I can choose which way she's turning, I don't think I really have a preference. Looking at the picture too long makes me feel a bit queasy though. For the first few seconds it looks like just a flat two dimensional shape with no obvious perspective; I have to concentrate on which way I want it to go to actually see it properly.

I have done some tests on brain side; from what I remember there wasn't much in it, or the results varied.

I hope everyone's remembering that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa, by the way. I just thought I'd mention it, as some commenters seem to be thinking it's the other way around. Dominant left brain may imply dominant right hand, and vice versa, though with motor skills I don't think it's so clear cut.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm both-brained. Last time anyone checked...

Oh, and my right thumb goes over my left. I'm right handed.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I'm left handed and my right thumb goes over my left.

As for the dancer dealie, it's initially seen going clockwise, but I can switch over to seeing it go counter-clockwise if I focus on her feet.

gromit

likes this
E?N?FP
Right-handed
Left thumb on top
Dancer switched directions on me multiple times, but began going clockwise, if you are looking from above
I don't know if I'm left- or right-brained

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
left brain = thinking and sensing
right brain = intuition and feeling

But maybe these can switch sides like in some rare cases heart can be on right side of the body and some people are left handed

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I put my left thumb on top, I'm right handed... this might have to do with the thumb ring I wear on my left hand though :laugh:

according to this test in this thread I'm pretty severely right brained- this is because I'm disorganized, impulsive and not inclined to care for what authority figures have to say... I kind of liked the split used in that thread where IxxJ was associated with left brained (my ISTJ is pretty far left brained!) and ExxP was most associated with right brained (I tested pretty severely right brained) :)

looker

I read this

while browsing

and really, besides n-grams

I haven't found much.

I'm not sure we are even at where we were before.

It's

Left Brain,
Right Brain,
FRONT Brain,
Rear Brain

and if you are in ID, Ego, or Superego.

I see idiot-experts say they can tell if someone is lying
by watching their eyes.

I can beat that dope into his ID as easily as getting them in the pocket.

Really come a new theory of brain chemistry that says your brain works like
a Zen waterfall.

I know, I can hear the marbles rolling around now.

dismissing the adrenaline fight of flight response

cognition, recognition, recall, and creativity for example

your brain 'steady state' brain chemicals are affected by gravity.

yes, string theory can also be applied.

I'm just trying to advance the 'bleeding edge'
here as I think it's been hacked to the bone.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
right over left, right handed. I'm adept at typing and knitting and other two-handed tasks. As for right and left braindedness, I've come to the conclusion that I have none.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right over left, Right-handed.

With the little online tests I tend to test out fairly balanced-brained, but I'm pretty sure my natural disposition is more left-brained.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My left thumb covers the right, and I'm right handed. Intially, the dancer went counter clock wise, then every time I blinked she changed directions until she settled down to turning clockwise (and I was getting dizzy), I couldn't make her turn back after that (I'm tired though, and she made feel less dizzy going clock wise), but I know I'm right brained.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am right handed but my left thumb rests on my right.

The dancer i can see going both clockwise and counter-clockwise.

lasdf23

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
You've got them mixed up I think - left side of the brain is logical, practical etc and right side is creative etc

Left side of the brain controls right side of the body, and vice versa. So if you're left brained, your right thumb should come on top. If you're right brained, your left thumb should come on top. Theoretically, at least.

I always test 50-50 on left/right brain tests, right handed. My left thumb comes on top, but right over left when crossing arms. I can only see the dancer counter-clock wise, now matter how hard I try to make it spin the other direction...

EDIT:

"Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively." - similarminds test

Then where do ENTPs fit on this chart?!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My left thumb is on top of my right.

I use my right hand and seem to pretty much balanced-brained.

There has been some speculation that I used to be left-handed but learned to use my right from a young age...

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Left thumb over right, and I'm a righty. Perhaps this shows evidence that I'm a bridge brain person, as I have learned in education courses. People that have bridge brain, or use both sides equally. Essentially it's using both the visual/spatial right side and the verbal processing left side.

Thus, it can be concluded that I use both sides.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
- Left thumb on top of my right

- Right hand writer

- Billions of times I watched the dancer, I cannot see it anti-clockwise, I always see it turning clockwise :huh: