• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In the case you are living in a tribe some 10000 years ago .....

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In the case you are living in a tribe some 10000 years ago which roles are most likely ones to be suitable for you ?

I would like that all people that decide to participate in this thread post 5 to 7things/roles in which they would probably be good at in a lifestyle that existed 10000 years ago.

Going into detail explanation of why you have chosen each of the five roles and detail explanation of what you have chosen is very is desirable here Since I am wondering about how differnt combination of type, enneagram type, gender and personality trais effects persons choices.
(you don't have to go into too much details)

The examples of general spheres of interests are : social roles, crafting/technical improvments, sewing/clothing, medicine, hunt and hunting skills, farming/lumbering, transportation, studies of environment, leadership/diplomacy, art/culture, scouting etc.

If you have imagination and knowledge you will realize that each of this general spheres of interests can be devided into very large number of specialized knowledges .

In the case you think that prettly much all of your skills fall into same sphere choose next best roll for you from some other sphere . So that you give at least somewhat diverse answer. You can have a few interests from a same sphere and you can have some overlaping choices with some other forum member.

Btw how would you choose your close friends ?

Think things through before you post.
Ok I think this is it.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'd probably have been a healer/shaman. One of the 'signs' of such a person is having cured themself of a chronic illness, which I have done. So yeah, I would be a healer.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
I could take care of animals! This would be my dream role since I love animals. I would tame wolfcubs and wild horses and have deep connections with them!

I could take care of children. I'm patient and caring enough for that task. I would teach the new generation to be wise and loving and to respect nature.

I could be a wise old mystician who gives people, especially young ones, advice. That way I could positively contribute to the community's future.

I could be a follower, a very ordinary member of the tribe, who works alongside other members, then at some point finds a mate and has children.

I could be an artist! I have artistic inclinations in this life, so I would probably have them also in a tribal life.

What other roles could there be? I certainly wouldn't want to be a hunter or a warrior (too dangerous, scary, ugly) and I'm too sensitive to ugly wounds to be a doctor. And if there was someone wiser and more intelligent than I in the tribe, I certainly would want them to be the leader. However, if everyone else in the tribe were dummies, I could take the role of a spiritual leader, but only grudginly would I take the role of the leader who literally leads the tribe through the wilderness and makes decisions about things like hunting (which I hopefully wouldn't even know much about).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I could be a story teller. Tribal people often carried their tradtions and history through mythology and story telling. Writing is one of my greatest strengths in this life, I'm creative, and I love to talk - so this would probably be my number one choice.

I could tend animals. I love animals, am fascinated by them, respect their contributions to human life, and would be attentive to their needs.

I could be a medicine woman. I have a head for things like nutrition and vitamins and could practice simple medicine with herbs and such. I could also do holistic things like massage, etc. but nothing invasive like surgery or anything I'd leave that to someone else.

I could help care for older children, like pre-teens and adolescents, educating them and helping to guide them into their roles as adults, especially if they were apprentice to story-telling or herbalism and one of those was my speciality.

I could do simple gathering work like women often did in those times - going into the forest and picking nuts and berries for food, roots for medicine, etc.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i'd want to be the most skilled warrior. like the guy who can fight the best, best archer, best swordsman, etc...

and if im just top 3, and not the best, I'd want to be the guy who has the best balance of fighting and smarts.

2nd, i'd want to be the son of the village chief. hehe

not even the 1st son (too serious and too much responsibility), just the 2nd son who has all these skills talked about previously.

Atomic Fiend

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would want to be a hunter. I would learn the ways of weaponry and of the forest. I would know what herbs did what (in case of injury etc), what was edible, all of the paths, etc. I would enjoy this because I would be able to isolate myself or go out with a close companion. I would also feel useful, and feeling useful to an SP is of absolute importance. I would provide meat and furs to my tribe; and possibly deliver herbs to the local medicine guy.

As a hunter I would also make an excellent scout. I would enjoy this too.

I could be a jack of all trades if I had this role. I would be good at building basic structures (due to having to make camp), I would be able to heal basic wounds, lift heavy things, defend the tribe, train teenagers, the list goes on. As an SP, I love feeling useful; and as SFP I love feeling useful to people. Affecting their lives in a positive way because of my skills.

I am not sure of what other roles I would have, but I tried to cover some of the possibilities.

As for how I would choose my friends... in a setting like that I would choose people that could provide for me both material and emotional support. I would want someone pleasant to talk to and useful to be with when hunting. In this case I would like to be with pretty much any P type to hunt with; an IN_J would be nice too but I'm not sure of how their sensotardation would be affected by a setting like that. You are basically forced to be useful and you are trained to be that way. It's a weird thought. If trained an IN_J would be good company.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- the person who tries the purple berries to see if they are poisonous or not

- research and design for weapons (my childhood passion :doh:)

- inventor of a religion in order to get out of working... I'm that lazy

- gardening

- cooking stuff (probably wooly mammoth with purple berries...)

I'd probably choose my friends the same as now, go with the people who are willing to put up with me being me! :D

Atomic Fiend

:nono:
1180098450661.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
fine, maybe I'll be the holy prostitute of the temple of the thunder god :tongue:

P

Phantonym

Well, yeah, I have no intentions of being a whore, like my matey Silently Honest here who has posted in this thread...um...twice already *cough* Attention whore *cough*. :whistling:

Ok, flexing my imagination here. I'd live in the Amazon tribe (come to think of it, I have no idea what tribes existed 10,000 years ago and I really couldn't be bothered to find out at the moment). My roles would be all about contributing to the welfare of the tribe, working towards a common goal, exploring possibilities on how to sustain a strong tribe.

First and foremost, I'd be a warrior. 10,000 years ago, life was all about staying alive and protecting yourself and your tribe, I'd be fierce at fighting for my people if needed. Fighting for the freedom and rights.

I could be one of the queens. I would be better at domestic affairs rather than defense and planning attacks against other tribes, though. Or I could lead the expeditions, exploring the world.

I could be a shaman/medicine woman. Carrying on the old knowledge, helping people, advising.

I could specialize on taming the wild animals.

Since the Amazon tribes had knowledge on how to work with iron, I could be a blacksmith or something like that. I'm good with my hands, so crafting some kick-ass weapons wouldn't be a problem.

I could train others. Honing the skills, inspiring the individuality, teaching.

Choosing my friends would be based on my weaknesses, while still remaining an individual, the point is to surround myself with people who all have different strengths I could learn from and thus hone my skills. They'd have to be completely trustworthy, of course.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
My lack of any physical skill or strength, combined with the fact that I have a uterus means I would probably be staying home and rearin' babies. But I imagine I'd also be crafting...baskets and simple clothing, that kind of thing. Maybe teaching.

Oh and don't worry Marmalade, I'll take care of the invasive surgery.

EDIT: And on selecting friends...I'd probably choose reliable people that I grew up with, family, and people with skills that complement my own.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remember everything. Is that useful?

Knowing deep down I'm a reincarnated Amazon, I'd have to say "fractious female".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*worships new queen of the amazons- considers asking her to kidnap some men so that whatever can stand guard, for incase they need guarding or anything...*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Mate/mother
2. Caregiver
3. Shaman/herbalist
4. Food gatherer (fruits, berries, etc)