User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    What an awesome topic!

I would have wanted to hang out in North America, making spear heads like this:

Flint Knapped OBSIDIAN Spear Head

While sitting around the campfire, telling exaggerated stories about the hunt to the women and children gathered around.

By day I'd go hang out with the dudes, and sneak up on Mammoths..waiting until a moment where a strategic advantage is gained...then skillfully use a wooden sling to hurl the speak head at the mammoth at a rate of about sixty miles per hour.

Otherwise, hunt & gather...pick up and move on to more fertile grounds.

How would I choose my friends? They'd need to be skillful at shaping a good flint, be able to tell a good story...work well as a team player, using good instincts and strategy.

uh, wait a minute...that's almost exactly the way it works now.
    no, that's not how i am now! i'm a a girl now! back then i'd be a boy and a very effective one indeed... i'd tell you a thing or two about hunters and gatherers and slings and arrows and such. specially about arrows. gawd were they overrated in the day. them were kids play, boy man i'd tell ya bout them for sures.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I wonder what gender roles would have been like back then?

I've always suspected that just the nature of the landscape/survival there'd been an attitude of interdependancy and equality vs. what transpired during the rise of agriculture and civilization?

I've seen bits and pieces that seem to support that notion here and there, but think it would be cool someday to find information that's more "conclusive."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i would be the long range scout and animal tracker, who rarely or almost never visits the village. haha.
    i would be tracking the movements of animal herds, keeping tabs on the animal population numbers and movements, and passing the information along to Slippy and BlackCat and the other hunters.

out in the wilderness, maybe with a dog sidekick, and a horse.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I wonder what gender roles would have been like back then?

I've always suspected that just the nature of the landscape/survival there'd been an attitude of interdependancy and equality vs. what transpired during the rise of agriculture and civilization?

I've seen bits and pieces that seem to support that notion here and there, but think it would be cool someday to find information that's more "conclusive."
    gender roles were paramount in all ages in my opinion. there has always been a need for leadership in a community and men by default have managed to predominate in this realm by virtue of size and strength. nothing much has changed over the centuries.

of course there's always 'lip service' given to the lesser people of the land who contribute just as much or in many cases more than the dominant.

i'm intrigued by class, gender, other things like this, i feel such a general resistance to status quo and power structures. thats why i get confused about my instinctual variant (socially, self preservationally, sexually inclined in E terms). i know i have very little social know-how but sometimes my passion only comes out talking about inequitable situations which i feel were born out of mankind more than 100000 years ago and reflects a social power structure.
    Last edited by wren; 01-06-2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: 10000 years not 100 thousand!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I'm androgynous, frail, and attracted to a new form of mysticism we call philosophy. Combine that with my fondness for people and yet separateness from them, and I'm sure I would have been some kind of a shaman.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I wouldn't like to have just one role. I'd like something different every day. However, I wouldn't like to hunt. Hunting would probably make me feel bad.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    This thread is supposed to be for posting your roles in a tribe from 10,000 years ago, not present day...
    That guy was doing the same thing 10,000 years ago. Just in dirtier clothes.

Plus that guy is hilarious looking and probably deserves to be in any thread.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Given the fact that I seem to have this near instinctual drive to excel and expand with great skepticism, being brought up to be christian without me ever having felt like I believed... I'd probably be one of the first astronomers, or an outcast, or burnt on a stake... Head chopped off. Heart carved out. Thrown from a 1000 foot cliff. Fed to the wolves. Basicly, whatever profession the cultural standards allow a person of society like me to be.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

- weapons crafter (made a rifle out of coat hangers, and a functional bow out of bamboo and yo-yo string)
    - cave wall artist (I'm an artist irl)
    - herd tender (I like aminals)
    - A WIZARD (I PLAYED DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS AT ONE POINT IN MY LIFE)

Assuming this is over 9000 years ago, I'd probably be in better shape and in tune with my surroundings so I might hunt and stuff too.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Sage/Scholar

I've an ability to read, write, record and a truck load of psychological and social wisdom stored up.