• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you react?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Okay, my mother and I had a little argument about this. I was writing about a strange situation and how I would react at this situation. Then I wanted to write down how an average person would react at the exact same thing. I thought an average person would go crazy, my mother thought that an average person wouldn't care. I would like to know how you would react, so I can write down correctly how most people would handle this.

This is what I was writing about:
Let's say that you live in a tiny little village where everyobody knows everybody. You work at a tiny little company, where you work very hard and get paid a very small amount of money. One day you discover that you're the only person at your company who's really doing his/her work. You get in fight with your colleagues and they contact your boss. You have no idea what they discuss with your boss. Then your boss comes to you and has a talk with you about your colleagues, not mentioning what they've said. HE writes down everything you've said and when you've finished talking he tells you that you're being possessed by the devil. That night you go to the bar, where all of your friends are always hanging out. They don't want to talk to you anymore. "We all know that you're possessed by the devil!" You get kicked out of your bar and you go to another bar. The people in that bar look at you, ask you if you're that person who's possessed by the devil. When you tell who you are, they kick you out as well. You go to every bar in town, but you aren't welcome anywhere. You lost your friends, nobody wants to talk to you, all you have left is your mother, a lousy job and awful colleagues. You go to work every day, but there is no one you can talk to. You hear that the boss has started investigating you and everything you've ever done and you hear the craziest things (like that you rape foxes at night and that you burn down farms while riding a lion). When you ask your boss what he's investigating you, he tells you that you can't know. When you ask him about the evidence and if you can see the evidence, he tells you you can't. When you ask him who gave him the evidence, he tells you that he can't tell you. You hear people saying that he's going to send you to some mental institution. You're sure that you're going to lose your job and you won't be able to get another job in this village. You don't have enough money or the power to escape to another village, so you'r kind of trapped. Everyone treats you like you're some dumb lunatic, except for your mother, who also has enough trouble of her own.

What are you going to do?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, my mother and I had a little argument about this. I was writing about a strange situation and how I would react at this situation. Then I wanted to write down how an average person would react at the exact same thing. I thought an average person would go crazy, my mother thought that an average person wouldn't care. I would like to know how you would react, so I can write down correctly how most people would handle this.

Let's say that you live in a tiny little village where everyobody knows everybody. You work at a tiny little company, where you work very hard and get paid a very small amount of money. One day you discover that you're the only person at your company who's really doing his/her work. You get in fight with your colleagues and they contact your boss. You have no idea what they discuss with your boss. Then your boss comes to you and has a talk with you about your colleagues, not mentioning what they've said. HE writes down everything you've said and when you've finished talking he tells you that you're being possessed by the devil. That night you go to the bar, where all of your friends are always hanging out. They don't want to talk to you anymore. "We all know that you're possessed by the devil!" You get kicked out of your bar and you go to another bar. The people in that bar look at you, ask you if you're that person who's possessed by the devil. When you tell who you are, they kick you out as well. You go to every bar in town, but you aren't welcome anywhere. You lost your friends, nobody wants to talk to you, all you have left is your mother, a lousy job and awful colleagues. You go to work every day, but there is no one you can talk to. You hear that the boss has started investigating you and everything you've ever done and you hear the craziest things (like that you rape foxes at night and that you burn down farms while riding a lion). When you ask your boss what he's investigating you, he tells you that you can't know. When you ask him about the evidence and if you can see the evidence, he tells you you can't. When you ask him who gave him the evidence, he tells you that he can't tell you. You hear people saying that he's going to send you to some mental institution. You're sure that you're going to lose your job and you won't be able to get another job in this village. You don't have enough money or the power to escape to another village, so you'r kind of trapped. Everyone treats you like you're some dumb lunatic, except for your mother, who also has enough trouble of her own.

Should I ever allow things to escalate this far in the first place. I'd start coming true to the rumors people made about me (Well, not raping foxes, but oh, I'll be the devil incarnate itself if they truely think I was possesed.). Hey, they're clearly not fit of any respect anyways. Then what they want is what they'll get.

And If I was in that a dire situation, I wouldn't have much Fe to hold me back, I truely wouldn't think any of those people would even deserve the slightest of compassion from me. I'd go all the way.

That said, I probably would have made my point much earlier on and set people straight. And if they're truely not able to bend towards rationality. I probably would've find a place where people can actually think for themselves. :p

PS: But INTP's aren't the average person anyhow, so I suppose you can't really use my opinion anyways. :p

P

Phantonym

Hehe. Oh my. Raping foxes and everything? I'd have to agree with Fluffywolf here that setting people straight early on would be the wisest course of action.

But, when I'm already in this mess. I'd try to get some attention to what is happening from outside of the village as they're all clearly bonkers. Any way that I can, alert the media, start collecting evidence myself, try to keep calm and not succumb to the pressure and definitely not start behaving like all the rumours are depicting me. I'd probably not go crazy but I'd definitely fight for myself.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i would sue the employer for getting me fired without eny good reason, i assume that i would have been working there for a desent time so that would give me about one to two years salary. while waiting for the money i would scare the shit out of people in the village and move out after i get my money. i would most likely enjoy doing all this

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'd move to somewhere that wasn't full of drug taking, paranoid, superstitious inbreeds. Possibly posion the water supply before I left, for the good of humanity.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well it sounds like there's nothing I could do about it so I'd have fun with it. It can't be too hard to act like a lunatic ;P

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Well it sounds like there's nothing I could do about it so I'd have fun with it. It can't be too hard to act like a lunatic ;P

^In your case, they'd probably have legitimate reasons to call you possessed. :)
All jokes aside.

I'd end up as my environment expects of me. If I am the only one to think differently and speak of such difference, then I will end up being very withdrawn and confused.
Confused, as I do not find why I am possessed but, obviously, since everyone would express this to me on a daily basis then I would start to believe so myself.

I wonder, do I have enough money for a computer? And if I do, I would buy one and search for options to leave the doomed village. As well as finding other people to communicate with, keeping my mind more or less stable.

I know that I would crack in the end, if there is no other viable option than staying and being pressured at an everyday basis.
There's only so much one mind can handle. I also doubt that anyone would stay sane for a longer period than... 10 years.

I hope I wrote it coherently.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well, doesn't exactly sound like a situation that is very probable, but...

I'd move into the forest with those foxy foxes and plot how I was planning on changing my identity and moving on- the village sounds pretty boring in the first place, so why bother staying there? Perhaps take up carjacking to make some cash to be able to get a fresh start! Or maybe just hitchhike to somewhere else with a passerby and see where luck takes me... it can't be worse than what I'd be leaving! :)

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
And If I was in that a dire situation, I wouldn't have much Fe to hold me back, I truely wouldn't think any of those people would even deserve the slightest of compassion from me. I'd go all the way.

Hey! I have a lot of Fe... and if it escalated i'd most likely pillage the village. Could see murderous acts, as well. :blush:
I would take their money and make my way elsewhere, laying low for a while before returning to normalcy. :yes:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I would get the lion to bite the owner of the company. Not lots of bites. Just some well-placed hard bites. Then, in the middle of the night, the lion could wake the town to terrorized insomnia by roaring for three hours straight. The owner will be too sleepy and nonfunctional to send me to the looney bin... in fact, he'll be so confused that he'll check himself in, thinking that he's suffering from auditory hallucinations. And, since he'll think that the lion isn't real, he'll start believing that the bite marks are an obvious sign of self mutilation. He'll be absolutely convinced of his own madness.
Whew. That's it. He's been beaten at his own wicked game.

Lark

Take flight some how, try to appease, when those things dont work try some totally destructive or derailing act, like if I'm doomed so is everyone else.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd move. (Edit, just saw the final sentences. Still, I'd figure out a means of escape, or temporarily become a vagabond or something.)

?? Seems simple enough. Everything described tells me it's not a situation that can be reasoned through and set aright again, and even if I could make amends, the prospect of living the rest of my life in what could become such an irrational and volatile a place isn't good, so I'd be patching a situation up that I no longer wanted to be a part of anyway.

(The scenario actually reminds me of Kafka's The Trial)

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
well, seeing as I couldn't leave, I'd start acting like a divine prophet and saying really cryptic shit. Then I'd set up charlatan stunts to make the people know I have real power. I would also carry out acts of extreme kindness/generosity so as to dispel any notion that my powers came from the Satan or demons. Over time I'd win over their minds and hearts and I'd be worshiped in this cult-like town.

That or I'd buy/acquire a sniper rifle and off everyone in the town over time. Either way, I'd be king.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

First of all, with what I tell the boss and everyone else, they wouldn't think I'm crazy so this scenario would not happen with me unless of course everyone around me in that village was crazy. However, if somehow this situation does happen to me, I would just move.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Id find some way to fake an exorcism in front of everyone.
HALLELUJAH IM NOT POSSESSED ANYMORE!!!!

Everyone celebrates, things go back to normal, I save up to move to a new village.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'd end up burned at the stake.

Snow Turtle

Yeah I'd probably go crazy from being isolated.

Then I'd just move before I get burnt. Some people wouldn't care, depends on how much they value the community.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's how I would react:

- Buy a fruit beverage. Completely unrelated, but I like orange juice.
- Resort to online shopping/dating because of social isolation
- Publish "My Life as a Zoophile. The True Meaning of Being Foxy"
- Rake in millions for said book
- Have a smoke (optional)
- Show those Puritans that because I am stinking rich now, God must look favorably upon me. Predestination fail on their part.
- Use assets to:
1.) hire outrageously expensive lawyers and sue former employer on the grounds of religious discrimination,
2.) hire professional killers and quitely dispatch my so-called former 'friends'
- Go online and order another fruit beverage because the first one tasted really good.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd run as far and as fast away from the tiny little village and terrible job as my legs would carry me.

Sunless

MBTI Type
INxx
I wouldn't poison the town's well or pillage the village or anything else, because then, instead of proving them wrong, i would be giving them the pleasure of having their forecasts come true (me being Satan and all).

I would hitchhike to a different city (or walk there), even if I have to start as a bum.