User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default How would you react?

Okay, my mother and I had a little argument about this. I was writing about a strange situation and how I would react at this situation. Then I wanted to write down how an average person would react at the exact same thing. I thought an average person would go crazy, my mother thought that an average person wouldn't care. I would like to know how you would react, so I can write down correctly how most people would handle this.

This is what I was writing about:
    Let's say that you live in a tiny little village where everyobody knows everybody. You work at a tiny little company, where you work very hard and get paid a very small amount of money. One day you discover that you're the only person at your company who's really doing his/her work. You get in fight with your colleagues and they contact your boss. You have no idea what they discuss with your boss. Then your boss comes to you and has a talk with you about your colleagues, not mentioning what they've said. HE writes down everything you've said and when you've finished talking he tells you that you're being possessed by the devil. That night you go to the bar, where all of your friends are always hanging out. They don't want to talk to you anymore. "We all know that you're possessed by the devil!" You get kicked out of your bar and you go to another bar. The people in that bar look at you, ask you if you're that person who's possessed by the devil. When you tell who you are, they kick you out as well. You go to every bar in town, but you aren't welcome anywhere. You lost your friends, nobody wants to talk to you, all you have left is your mother, a lousy job and awful colleagues. You go to work every day, but there is no one you can talk to. You hear that the boss has started investigating you and everything you've ever done and you hear the craziest things (like that you rape foxes at night and that you burn down farms while riding a lion). When you ask your boss what he's investigating you, he tells you that you can't know. When you ask him about the evidence and if you can see the evidence, he tells you you can't. When you ask him who gave him the evidence, he tells you that he can't tell you. You hear people saying that he's going to send you to some mental institution. You're sure that you're going to lose your job and you won't be able to get another job in this village. You don't have enough money or the power to escape to another village, so you'r kind of trapped. Everyone treats you like you're some dumb lunatic, except for your mother, who also has enough trouble of her own.

What are you going to do?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Okay, my mother and I had a little argument about this. I was writing about a strange situation and how I would react at this situation. Then I wanted to write down how an average person would react at the exact same thing. I thought an average person would go crazy, my mother thought that an average person wouldn't care. I would like to know how you would react, so I can write down correctly how most people would handle this.

This is what I was writing about:
    Let's say that you live in a tiny little village where everyobody knows everybody. You work at a tiny little company, where you work very hard and get paid a very small amount of money. One day you discover that you're the only person at your company who's really doing his/her work. You get in fight with your colleagues and they contact your boss. You have no idea what they discuss with your boss. Then your boss comes to you and has a talk with you about your colleagues, not mentioning what they've said. HE writes down everything you've said and when you've finished talking he tells you that you're being possessed by the devil. That night you go to the bar, where all of your friends are always hanging out. They don't want to talk to you anymore. "We all know that you're possessed by the devil!" You get kicked out of your bar and you go to another bar. The people in that bar look at you, ask you if you're that person who's possessed by the devil. When you tell who you are, they kick you out as well. You go to every bar in town, but you aren't welcome anywhere. You lost your friends, nobody wants to talk to you, all you have left is your mother, a lousy job and awful colleagues. You go to work every day, but there is no one you can talk to. You hear that the boss has started investigating you and everything you've ever done and you hear the craziest things (like that you rape foxes at night and that you burn down farms while riding a lion). When you ask your boss what he's investigating you, he tells you that you can't know. When you ask him about the evidence and if you can see the evidence, he tells you you can't. When you ask him who gave him the evidence, he tells you that he can't tell you. You hear people saying that he's going to send you to some mental institution. You're sure that you're going to lose your job and you won't be able to get another job in this village. You don't have enough money or the power to escape to another village, so you'r kind of trapped. Everyone treats you like you're some dumb lunatic, except for your mother, who also has enough trouble of her own.

What are you going to do?
    Should I ever allow things to escalate this far in the first place. I'd start coming true to the rumors people made about me (Well, not raping foxes, but oh, I'll be the devil incarnate itself if they truely think I was possesed.). Hey, they're clearly not fit of any respect anyways. Then what they want is what they'll get.

And If I was in that a dire situation, I wouldn't have much Fe to hold me back, I truely wouldn't think any of those people would even deserve the slightest of compassion from me. I'd go all the way.

That said, I probably would have made my point much earlier on and set people straight. And if they're truely not able to bend towards rationality. I probably would've find a place where people can actually think for themselves. :P

PS: But INTP's aren't the average person anyhow, so I suppose you can't really use my opinion anyways. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Hehe. Oh my. Raping foxes and everything? I'd have to agree with Fluffywolf here that setting people straight early on would be the wisest course of action.

But, when I'm already in this mess. I'd try to get some attention to what is happening from outside of the village as they're all clearly bonkers. Any way that I can, alert the media, start collecting evidence myself, try to keep calm and not succumb to the pressure and definitely not start behaving like all the rumours are depicting me. I'd probably not go crazy but I'd definitely fight for myself.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i would sue the employer for getting me fired without eny good reason, i assume that i would have been working there for a desent time so that would give me about one to two years salary. while waiting for the money i would scare the shit out of people in the village and move out after i get my money. i would most likely enjoy doing all this
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'd move to somewhere that wasn't full of drug taking, paranoid, superstitious inbreeds. Possibly posion the water supply before I left, for the good of humanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well it sounds like there's nothing I could do about it so I'd have fun with it. It can't be too hard to act like a lunatic ;P
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    Well it sounds like there's nothing I could do about it so I'd have fun with it. It can't be too hard to act like a lunatic ;P
    ^In your case, they'd probably have legitimate reasons to call you possessed.
    All jokes aside.

I'd end up as my environment expects of me. If I am the only one to think differently and speak of such difference, then I will end up being very withdrawn and confused.
    Confused, as I do not find why I am possessed but, obviously, since everyone would express this to me on a daily basis then I would start to believe so myself.

I wonder, do I have enough money for a computer? And if I do, I would buy one and search for options to leave the doomed village. As well as finding other people to communicate with, keeping my mind more or less stable.

I know that I would crack in the end, if there is no other viable option than staying and being pressured at an everyday basis.
    There's only so much one mind can handle. I also doubt that anyone would stay sane for a longer period than... 10 years.

I hope I wrote it coherently.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well, doesn't exactly sound like a situation that is very probable, but...

I'd move into the forest with those foxy foxes and plot how I was planning on changing my identity and moving on- the village sounds pretty boring in the first place, so why bother staying there? Perhaps take up carjacking to make some cash to be able to get a fresh start! Or maybe just hitchhike to somewhere else with a passerby and see where luck takes me... it can't be worse than what I'd be leaving!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    And If I was in that a dire situation, I wouldn't have much Fe to hold me back, I truely wouldn't think any of those people would even deserve the slightest of compassion from me. I'd go all the way.
    Hey! I have a lot of Fe... and if it escalated i'd most likely pillage the village. Could see murderous acts, as well.
    I would take their money and make my way elsewhere, laying low for a while before returning to normalcy.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I would get the lion to bite the owner of the company. Not lots of bites. Just some well-placed hard bites. Then, in the middle of the night, the lion could wake the town to terrorized insomnia by roaring for three hours straight. The owner will be too sleepy and nonfunctional to send me to the looney bin... in fact, he'll be so confused that he'll check himself in, thinking that he's suffering from auditory hallucinations. And, since he'll think that the lion isn't real, he'll start believing that the bite marks are an obvious sign of self mutilation. He'll be absolutely convinced of his own madness.
    Whew. That's it. He's been beaten at his own wicked game.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.