User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you react?

Take flight some how, try to appease, when those things dont work try some totally destructive or derailing act, like if I'm doomed so is everyone else.

4 so/sp

I'd move. (Edit, just saw the final sentences. Still, I'd figure out a means of escape, or temporarily become a vagabond or something.)

?? Seems simple enough. Everything described tells me it's not a situation that can be reasoned through and set aright again, and even if I could make amends, the prospect of living the rest of my life in what could become such an irrational and volatile a place isn't good, so I'd be patching a situation up that I no longer wanted to be a part of anyway.

(The scenario actually reminds me of Kafka's The Trial)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson Array

well, seeing as I couldn't leave, I'd start acting like a divine prophet and saying really cryptic shit. Then I'd set up charlatan stunts to make the people know I have real power. I would also carry out acts of extreme kindness/generosity so as to dispel any notion that my powers came from the Satan or demons. Over time I'd win over their minds and hearts and I'd be worshiped in this cult-like town.

That or I'd buy/acquire a sniper rifle and off everyone in the town over time. Either way, I'd be king.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Okay, my mother and I had a little argument about this. I was writing about a strange situation and how I would react at this situation. Then I wanted to write down how an average person would react at the exact same thing. I thought an average person would go crazy, my mother thought that an average person wouldn't care. I would like to know how you would react, so I can write down correctly how most people would handle this.

This is what I was writing about:
    Let's say that you live in a tiny little village where everyobody knows everybody. You work at a tiny little company, where you work very hard and get paid a very small amount of money. One day you discover that you're the only person at your company who's really doing his/her work. You get in fight with your colleagues and they contact your boss. You have no idea what they discuss with your boss. Then your boss comes to you and has a talk with you about your colleagues, not mentioning what they've said. HE writes down everything you've said and when you've finished talking he tells you that you're being possessed by the devil. That night you go to the bar, where all of your friends are always hanging out. They don't want to talk to you anymore. "We all know that you're possessed by the devil!" You get kicked out of your bar and you go to another bar. The people in that bar look at you, ask you if you're that person who's possessed by the devil. When you tell who you are, they kick you out as well. You go to every bar in town, but you aren't welcome anywhere. You lost your friends, nobody wants to talk to you, all you have left is your mother, a lousy job and awful colleagues. You go to work every day, but there is no one you can talk to. You hear that the boss has started investigating you and everything you've ever done and you hear the craziest things (like that you rape foxes at night and that you burn down farms while riding a lion). When you ask your boss what he's investigating you, he tells you that you can't know. When you ask him about the evidence and if you can see the evidence, he tells you you can't. When you ask him who gave him the evidence, he tells you that he can't tell you. You hear people saying that he's going to send you to some mental institution. You're sure that you're going to lose your job and you won't be able to get another job in this village. You don't have enough money or the power to escape to another village, so you'r kind of trapped. Everyone treats you like you're some dumb lunatic, except for your mother, who also has enough trouble of her own.

What are you going to do?
    First of all, with what I tell the boss and everyone else, they wouldn't think I'm crazy so this scenario would not happen with me unless of course everyone around me in that village was crazy. However, if somehow this situation does happen to me, I would just move.

Senior Member Array Valuable_Money's Avatar

Id find some way to fake an exorcism in front of everyone.

Everyone celebrates, things go back to normal, I save up to move to a new village.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

I'd end up burned at the stake.

Yeah I'd probably go crazy from being isolated.

Then I'd just move before I get burnt. Some people wouldn't care, depends on how much they value the community.

-1w sp/sx
    IOU Ni

Here's how I would react:

- Buy a fruit beverage. Completely unrelated, but I like orange juice.
    - Resort to online shopping/dating because of social isolation
    - Publish "My Life as a Zoophile. The True Meaning of Being Foxy"
    - Rake in millions for said book
    - Have a smoke (optional)
    - Show those Puritans that because I am stinking rich now, God must look favorably upon me. Predestination fail on their part.
    - Use assets to:
    1.) hire outrageously expensive lawyers and sue former employer on the grounds of religious discrimination,
    2.) hire professional killers and quitely dispatch my so-called former 'friends'
    - Go online and order another fruit beverage because the first one tasted really good.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

6w5 sx/sp
    ILI Ni

I'd run as far and as fast away from the tiny little village and terrible job as my legs would carry me.

I wouldn't poison the town's well or pillage the village or anything else, because then, instead of proving them wrong, i would be giving them the pleasure of having their forecasts come true (me being Satan and all).

I would hitchhike to a different city (or walk there), even if I have to start as a bum.
    I would eat an artichoke down to its heart,
    then feed the heart to him.
    It was enough that he was not you and utterly foreign,
    related to no one. So easy to love.