• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The INFJ mind.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
It's about time that I re-introduced myself, psychologically. I will be continuously updating this post whenever I get the chance, and the topic of discussion will become highlighted in blue on my list of likes and dislikes, as I go through each one at random. This is so you can decide whether or not you want participate in the chosen topic.
Your comments, advice, criticism, and scoffs are all welcome. After all, this thread is about strengthening the INFJ mind.

I have been a member here for quite awhile now, and I rarely contribute to the forums,... Well, I do, just not as much as other members, so for starters, here are some things about myself.
I'm a 30 year old INFJ and I have scored as ENTP-INTP-INFP-ISTP in the past. My ennegramme number is a solid 4 with no wing, I'm a Scorpio, I am Canadian and damn proud to live in what is probably the most unique, and diverse country in the world... :D
I am married to a very smart and talented, beautiful, funny, deeply caring, and fun loving ISFP woman for 9 years who has helped me successfully become a father of 4 awesome children that I cherish, and I am proud and grateful to have all of them in my life...

I like to experience, learn more about, and delve in the idealistic realms of
  • Psychology
  • Philosophy
  • Spirituality
  • Music
  • Art
  • Poetry
  • Politics
  • Money
  • Love
  • Sex
  • Peace
    picture.php
I have a passion for....
  • Fast cars
  • Guitars
  • Coffee
  • Tea
  • Cheese
  • Raspberries
  • Marijuana
  • Nicotine
  • Gadgetry
  • Robotics
  • Computer science
  • Quantum theory
  • Anthropology
  • Archeology
  • Horticulture
  • Botany
  • Biology
  • Conspiracy theories
  • Science fiction
  • Non-fiction
  • Traveling
  • Camping
  • Hiking
  • Fishing
  • Skiing
  • Tobogganing
  • Street hockey
  • Baseball
  • Patience
    picture.php
... Things I don't like:
  • War
  • Hate
  • Crime
  • Authority
  • Totalitarianism
  • Debt
  • Alcohol
  • Olives
  • Other peoples cats
  • Winter
  • Peaches
  • Religion
  • Unemployment
  • Predictably stupid people:)newwink:)
    picture.php
I often think too much, and it makes me a bit loopy when the thoughts get carried away. I can be paranoid. I am hyper-sensitive, judgmental, spontaneous, aloof, obsessive-compulsive, conscientious, self-observed, out-going and friendly. I can be seen as pretentious, arrogant, cocky, lazy, short fused, ungrateful, careless, and just plain miserable... I find it quite difficult to speak my mind on a public forum, for I fear that my input is irrelevant due to the fact that a lot of what is talked about on this forum, is nothing more than regurgitated/recycled notions and ideas that tend to never be original thoughts. But nevertheless, it almost seems important, or even necessary for one to submit their contribution, in order to achieve validation from a world that is nothing like the real one we live in.

So far, today has been fairly uninteresting...

What can I do to make my day better?...

I'm confident enough to have a discussion about most, but not all of the things I like and dislike. I want to further my development toward understanding other people, as well as becoming more sure of who I am, because in my mind, everyone is important and deserves love, honor and respect.

We all talk about peace like it's nothing more than a "woulda coulda shoulda", and frankly, I think that's a fucking bullshit attitude! :steam:

First, I want to discuss music, and it's impact on life.

Yesterday I have decided to continue with my music, I was recording last night and found it to be very soothing,(I missed the feeling)I guess I can consider guitar playing as form of therapy, or should I say "string therapy" as it helps me to organize my thoughts when they are all scattered about. When I'm playing or writing music, nothing else compares to the feeling of manipulating vibrations, it shakes me right down to the soul, gets the blood and dopamine flowing, and the visualizations of the tones are euphoric,(I see colours, numbers, or shapes when I play or hear music)and I love it!... How often do you physically experience music?

Everyone notices the effect music has on people, whether it's hard rock or classical, it's what drives emotions. These emotions are varied by which ever frequency a specific song, or music genre is tuned to......[more to come.]

Sunless

MBTI Type
INxx
I love this thread. Thank you, Provoker, for sharing your thoughts with us. I will comment more on this, when I mull it enough in my head to come up with something meaningful.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I love this thread. Thank you, Provoker, for sharing your thoughts with us. I will comment more on this, when I mull it enough in my head to come up with something meaningful.

I thought his name was Prototype. Not Provoker.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Do you have synesthesia?

At any rate, I would love it if you continued where you were going with the music tangent :)

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Do you have synesthesia?

At any rate, I would love it if you continued where you were going with the music tangent :)

I don't know, would I have synesthesia if certain sounds trigger scents or tastes? Seeing the numbers and shapes happens less often then I would like, but when it does my music playing becomes very fluid!

I will gladly continue with my piece on music, I just have some things to tend to first... Happy New Year everyone!

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I love this thread. Thank you, Provoker Prototype, for sharing your thoughts with us. I will comment more on this, when I mull it enough in my head to come up with something meaningful.

:cool:

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
It's about time that I re-introduced myself, psychologically. I will be continuously updating this post whenever I get the chance, and the topic of discussion will become highlighted in blue on my list of likes and dislikes, as I go through each one at random. This is so you can decide whether or not you want participate in the chosen topic.

Your comments, advice, criticism, and scoffs are all welcome. After all, this thread is about strengthening the INFJ mind.

I have been a member here for quite awhile now, and I rarely contribute to the forums,... Well, I do, just not as much as other members, so for starters, here are some things about myself.

I'm a 30 year old INFJ and I have scored as ENTP-INTP-INFP-ISTP in the past. My ennegramme number is a solid 4 with no wing, I'm a Scorpio, I am Canadian and damn proud to live in what is probably the most unique, and diverse country in the world... :D

I am married to a very smart and talented, beautiful, funny, deeply caring, and fun loving ISFP woman for 9 years who has helped me successfully become a father of 4 awesome children that I cherish, and I am proud and grateful to have all of them in my life...

I like to experience, learn more about, and delve in the idealistic realms of

• Psychology
  • Philosophy
  • Spirituality
  • Music
  • Art
  • Poetry
  • Politics
  • Money
  • Love
  • Sex
  • Peace
picture.php

I have a passion for
  • Fast cars
  • Guitars
  • Coffee
  • Tea
  • Cheese
  • Raspberries
  • Marijuana
  • Nicotine
  • Gadgetry
  • Robotics
  • Computer science
  • Quantum theory
  • Anthropology
  • Archeology
  • Horticulture
  • Botany
  • Biology
  • Conspiracy theories
  • Science fiction
  • Non-fiction
  • Traveling
  • Camping
  • Hiking
  • Fishing
  • Boating
  • Skiing
  • Tobogganing
  • Street hockey
  • Baseball
  • Patience
picture.php

... Things I don't like:

• War
  • Hate
  • Crime
  • Authority
  • Totalitarianism
  • Debt
  • Alcohol
  • Olives
  • Other peoples cats
  • Winter
  • Peaches
  • Religion
  • Unemployment
  • Predictably stupid people:)newwink:)

I often think too much, and it makes me a bit loopy when the thoughts get carried away. I can be paranoid, I am hyper-sensitive, judgmental, spontaneous, aloof, obsessive-compulsive, conscientious, self-observed, out-going and friendly. I can be seen as pretentious, arrogant, cocky, lazy, short fused, ungrateful, careless, and just plain miserable... I find it quite difficult to speak my mind on a public forum, for I fear that my input is irrelevant due to the fact that a lot of what is talked about on this forum, is nothing more than regurgitated/recycled notions and ideas that tend to never be original thoughts. But nevertheless, it almost seems important, or even necessary for one to submit their contribution, in order to achieve validation from a world that is nothing like the real one we live in.

So far, today has been fairly uninteresting...

What can I do to make my day better?...

I'm confident enough to have a discussion about most, but not all of the things I like and dislike. I want to further my development toward understanding other people, as well as becoming more sure of who I am, because in my mind, everyone is important and deserves love, honor and respect.

We all talk about peace like it's nothing more than a "woulda coulda shoulda", and frankly, I think that's a fucking bullshit attitude! :steam:

First, I want to discuss music, and it's impact on life.

Yesterday I have decided to continue with my music, I was recording last night and found it to be very soothing,(I missed the feeling)I guess I can consider guitar playing as form of therapy, or should I say "string therapy" as it helps me to organize my thoughts when they are all scattered about. When I'm playing or writing music, nothing else compares to the feeling of manipulating vibrations, it shakes me right down to the soul, gets the blood and dopamine flowing, and the visualizations of the tones are euphoric,(I see colours, numbers, or shapes when I play or hear music)and I love it!... How often do you physically experience music?

Everyone notices the effect music has on people, whether it's hard rock or classical, it's what drives emotions. These emotions are varied by which ever frequency a specific song, or music genre is tuned to......[more to come.]

:shock:

Awesome, cool!

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Sorry to contribute so little, if anything.

I'm not settled in but I'll try.

Do you ever make a play-list contingent on everything you'll feel and create during a talking session with someone?
As if.. you know what the general theme of what you want to talk about and then put on a music list with words/melody that will represent "background understanding" and build from there, expecting subjects to lick in the music and get an enhanced understanding of what you speak about?

Also, I am scared to embrace me and so I don't manage to listen to music as much as I would like to. When I do though, I do experience it physically. Even if the music is in my head and not from an external source, such as headphones/speakers. As if hearing it, which I do but not externally but I hear it as if externally.
It's so lovely, isn't it.

I feel as if imposing, I like your thread a lot and it feels personal and.. Hi, nice to meet you - sorry for barging in.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
I often think too much, and it makes me a bit loopy when the thoughts get carried away. I can be paranoid. I am hyper-sensitive, judgmental, spontaneous, aloof, obsessive-compulsive, conscientious, self-observed, out-going and friendly. I can be seen as pretentious, arrogant, cocky, lazy, short fused, ungrateful, careless, and just plain miserable...
Hey, me too, quite literally. Sometimes I can't believe all of the above doesn't annoy others to the point of completely leaving me alone. And since they seem to be so persistent, you can be sure that i will keep up the good work of making myself completely undesirable in any and every possible way until they decide to stop watching me, stalking me, playing stupid games with my family, pushing coffee on me, interjecting their philosophical and logical arguments onto me, pretending that they love me or even like me, and any number of other behaviors they see fit to impose upon my peace of mind. I absolutely will not be in any way productive until this behavior is put to rest.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
I've never physically experienced music like you say. That sounds intense. I experience emotions from music, but not nearly as intensely as you describe. I play the piano, but I am no good at writing music. I don't know how people do it, it seems like there's some flow you get into and I can't get there. But I know what you mean about using music to organize your thoughts, playing music helps to quiet my mind.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
... First, I want to discuss music, and it's impact on life.

... Classical music; it has a very beautiful, and complex structure within it, but it is also quite chaotic, it's a classic example of a genuine duality. It's the competition between the frequencies that makes classical music so unique, it purely is a physical manipulation of energy through manifestation/duplication/conversion. I imagine what it would be like in a composers head, from a digital stand point.

I think that unconsciously, our brains have the ability to convert digital information into analog information(although some researchers speculate that our brains are both digital, and analog at the same time). To recall the pitch of an "A" from memory would be digitally stored information, and playing that "A" on an instrument would be analog information, just like how light particles are digital, which become analog by observation, and physical manifestation... Does that make any sense?

So, it would be sensible to speculate that classical music is a physical, or analog representation of the frequencies from within the brain, musically.

The commonality with classical music and our brain is how intrinsic the duality is between them, and like our brain, music is the manipulation of time, and energy. You need digital chaos, in order, to create analogous harmony.

Thoughts?

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
How does the duality of chaos and harmony in music affect human emotion?

Music, Emotion and the Brain..."The sweet, passionate melody captivated his heart from the first note; it was full of radiance, full of the tender throbbing of inspiration and happiness and beauty, continually growing and melting away; it rumoured of everything on earth that is dear and secret and sacred to mankind; it breathed of immortal sadness and it departed from the earth to die in the heavens." (10)

The tremendous ability that music has to affect and manipulate emotions and the brain is undeniable, and yet largely inexplicable. Very little serious research had gone into the mechanism behind music's ability to physically influence the brain until relatively recently, and even now very little is known about the neurological effects of music. The fields of music and biology are generally seen as mutually exclusive, and to find a Neurobiologist also proficient in music is not very common. However, some do exist, and partly as a result of their research some questions about the biology of music have been answered. I will attempt to summarize some of the research that has been done on music and the brain in recent years. I will focus in particular on music's ability to produce emotional responses in the brain...

Because we are vibration and frequency based organisms(carbon is a manifestation of digital to analog).

De-tuning each string on a guitar to random tunings could be a good example of what happens to human emotion during a frequency change; the guitar, and strings "physically" do not change, but the now "slack" strings change the information being processed, likely resulting in an incomprehensible, and unpleasant sound which leads to dis-satisfaction. With the guitar tuned properly, it would match up with the brains unconsciously organized understanding of frequencies, or make one feel as if they're satisfied from "feeling the good vibes". High frequencies have more energy, and low frequencies have less.