User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 111

  1. #1
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default If you're sexay, are you more likely to be an extrovert?

    Is it reasonable to believe that attractive people are more likely to be extroverts? Maybe not necessarily "extroverts" according to the cognitive functions, but just more outgoing and bombastic. Of course this has obvious typological implications as well.

    It seems like this guy:



    would be much more inclined to want to curl up into a ball and never interact with society. While this sexy beast:



    would want everybody to notice him and thus be more inclined to interact with his outer world.

    Of course beauty is somewhat subjective, but if a person is decently attractive, it seems like they would inevitably realize it due to the reactions of those around them. If somebody is attractive, perhaps they experience more positive interactions, fueling their extroversion. If somebody is less attractive, perhaps they experience more negative interactions, fueling their reclusiveness.

    Obviously the umbrella assumption enveloping this thread is that society as a whole is very superficial.

    Am I being a complete douche, or is there a trend? Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Supreme High Commander Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    I can't say as I have observed this. While it's true that an individuals physical form may have an influence on someones psychology, I've never noticed a corelation between beauty (or at least believing you are beautiful) and extroversion.

    There was a thread sometime ago where the root causes of introversion/extroversion were discused. There is quite a lot of evidence to suggest that it based in brain chemistry.

    I suspect that an ugly extrovert who hides away from the world wont become an introvert. They will just be a miserable, lonely extrovert.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Nescio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Is it reasonable to believe that attractive people are more likely to be extroverts? Maybe not necessarily "extroverts" according to the cognitive functions, but just more outgoing and bombastic. Of course this has obvious typological implications as well.

    Of course beauty is somewhat subjective, but if a person is decently attractive, it seems like they would inevitably realize it due to the reactions of those around them. If somebody is attractive, perhaps they experience more positive interactions, fueling their extroversion. If somebody is less attractive, perhaps they experience more negative interactions, fueling their reclusiveness.

    Obviously the umbrella assumption enveloping this thread is that society as a whole is very superficial.

    Am I being a complete douche, or is there a trend? Thoughts?

    I think you could be on to somthing... given this superficial hypothetical society.

    Although I think some SUPER attractive people might not be as extroverted because
    A) people are jelous
    B) they're just soo damn attractive that they don't feel worthy to talk to them?

    So I suppose that the mildly attractive have it best?

    I had a complete thought earlier, but it left me... I'll post the rest of this idea if I think of it again.

  4. #4
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I can't say as I have observed this. While it's true that an individuals physical form may have an influence on someones psychology, I've never noticed a corelation between beauty (or at least believing you are beautiful) and extroversion.

    There was a thread sometime ago where the root causes of introversion/extroversion were discused. There is quite a lot of evidence to suggest that it based in brain chemistry.

    I suspect that an ugly extrovert who hides away from the world wont become an introvert. They will just be a miserable, lonely extrovert.
    Yeah but we can't attribute it all to brain chemistry can we? It seems like our natural physiology still has limited governance over our behavior. Society and upbringing has to come into play somewhere, doesn't it?

  5. #5
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    The first guy looks more extroverted than the second one. The first one is radiating a lot of energy... all smiling and wide-eyed. The second one is like "yeah, look at my body, I know it's nice... but I'd still like to stay in the distance a bit."

  6. #6
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    Exstroverts are just more likely to invest money in how they look. Since they are more sensitive about opinions of others. If nothing they will do it just because their E job will force them to act like this.

    (this is of course if we look at the story from black / while perspective).

  7. #7
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    The first guy looks more extroverted than the second one. The first one is radiating a lot of energy... all smiling and wide-eyed. The second one is like "yeah, look at my body, I know it's nice... but I'd still like to stay in the distance a bit."
    True dat. But maybe ugly guy is alone at the mirror in his bathroom practicing for the awkward yearbook photoshoot while pretty boy is modeling his sexay bodeh in front of a large homoerotic circle jerk.

  8. #8
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    If it has to do with how sexy you think you are, all girls would be introverts because all girls think they are ugly fucks.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #9
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If it has to do with how sexy you think you are, all girls would be introverts because all girls think they are ugly fucks.
    Aw, that's not true. I actually am pretty narcisstic with my physical appearance. And I'm an extrovert.

    Perhaps introversion is caused by an innate lack of confidence in some cases, regardless of appearance, and this innate characteristic feeds into the introversion even more. I think some people are so detached from reality that no matter how many positive compliments they receive on their appearance, and no matter how good the reflection looks in the mirror, they will convince themselves of the contrary.

    It's like an amplification loop. Introverted-->Detached from reality-->Ignores compliments/mirrors-->Thinks she's ugly due to her own thoughts-->Becomes more introverted-->Loop.

  10. #10
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    introversion is caused by an innate lack of confidence
    By and large introverts get little reward for their inner life. So by and large their inner life has to stand in its own two feet.

    However we do expect the immature introvert to be a bit shaky on their feet at first, like a new-born fawn.

    But providing they are not eaten by a lion, they can learn to run like the wind. So much so, it is a though they are are the wind and fly through the air.

    Admittedly young extroverts stand a better chance of escaping the lion, but extroverts never learn to fly.

    Look up in the sky.
    Is it a bird or is it a plane?
    No, it's an introvert.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2015, 12:03 PM
  2. Who you are VS who you'd like to be
    By lucibelle in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 10:14 PM
  3. If you'd liked to be typed . . .
    By amerellis in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 336
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 12:32 AM
  4. Are you more likely to be politically left or right if you scare easily?
    By ajblaise in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Which type gives you more cause to be afraid: the ENTJ or the INFJ
    By EricHanson in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO