• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you're sexay, are you more likely to be an extrovert?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, it's way too ambiguous.

Which is why I said, to begin with, that it was made of fail.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah, it's way too ambiguous.

Which is why I said, to begin with, that it was made of fail.

I don't think discussions have to be concrete and falsifiable to be worthy of discussing. But I guess that's just me...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sure, you can have your own definition of sexy, but I think the OP kind of speaks for itself. I certainly meant physically attractive in terms of physical appearance.

And besides, I think Einstein was pretty ugly as a young man too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The thread is too ambiguous to really get anywhere productive. ;)

Morning :)

I agree with Marm.....Sexy isn't nessesarily pretty, there are good looking people who are devoid of sexuality...
Britney Spears is one... (although clearly the girl has other issues).... I've heard a few guys say, yes looks hot but doens't have a genuine sex appeal. Angelina - when not upset - oozes sex appeal.... she get sthe more itchwawa from guys than Brit would

Daniel Craig, when compared to some of the leading hunks around .....isn't all that.... but when it comes to women, he has amazing sex appeal (probably one of the sexiest 007s for a long long time).

So not about beauty in the eye of the beholder but sexiness...

the OP does sound like it's abotu good looking people, but I tpes can be just as good lookin.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, and I mean, even if we go by looks alone people aren't going to agree on what is sexy. One of my exes, for example, thinks that girls like Jessica Simpson are boring, and thinks that Asia Argento is sexy with armpit hair.

I've met some very pretty women that were shy. And some women who aren't exactly considered "hotties" are very extroverted.

This isn't just about my personal lechery for hot male introverts, I swear. :devil:

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
you guys are too quick to shut an idea down

the extent of external influences on people is not a new topic... scientists have been debating nature vs. nurture for a while now with no concrete answer.

and singular examples are not relevant when comparing percentages.
also, attractiveness can also be applied in forms other than physical attraction. teachers may treat children differently based on "cuteness". social circles of the same sex also often outcast members who don't fit the stereotypical appearance.

just sayin'

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Don't know mon..

I think extroversion depends on various factors. (Ex- birth order, attention given to opposite/same sex parents, nurture).

I've known some of the most beautiful looking chicks who are REALLY really introverted. Some of my prettiest friends are introverts.

What gets me most about super attractive introverts is their inability to see how beautiful they are. I guess that's what makes them even more beautiful?

Some people are very attractive/know it, so they don't have to try hard to get attention, but to sit back and receive it. Depends.

Sexay also has a lot to do with personality too, I think. (Ex- Ginger vs. Marianne from Gilligan's Island). Both girls can be sexy, but it also depends on when/how they feel like showing their sexy sides. Obviously Ginger oozes it more, because of the way she is. And sexyiness to one person can mean something totally different to another. :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think the definition alone of being sexy is open to interpretation .. Each individual will apply their own thoughts to it.

Definition - marked by or tending to arouse sexual desire or interest; "feeling sexy"; "sexy clothes"; "sexy poses"; "a sexy book"; "sexy jokes"

I know i can be sexy .. But it is not at the top of my priority list.

If someone can see underneath my conservative clothing that i am sexy then great, if not .. Your tough luck. I don't need to exude sexiness all the time, i know when i feel hot/sexy .. I just don't need to show everyone else it.

Mole

Permabanned
I've just come from the movie, "Bright Star", about John Keats the Romantic poet.

No one in their right mind would call him a sexy extrovert, yet he could not have been more loved by Fanny Brawne.

It seems to me that extroverts mistake vulgarity for sexiness.

While John and Fanny were simply exquisite, as exquisite as John Keats' poetry.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems to me that extroverts mistake vulgarity for sexiness.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they mistake it, but most of the people that are commonly depicted as attractive definitely have a vulgar aspect to me.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought attractive and sexy had the same connotation as "conventionally good looking." Plus the rest of the OP kind of lead in that direction, considering I posted anonymous pictures of a physically unattractive person and physically attractive person.

Why would anyone bother with someone who is conventionally good looking, but not subjectively so?

Sure, you can have your own definition of sexy, but I think the OP kind of speaks for itself. I certainly meant physically attractive in terms of physical appearance.

Sexy is sexy. Sexy might have something to do with looks, but no -that's not what sexy essentially is. Some very pretty people aren't very sexy. Some very sexy people aren't quite pretty.

I agree with MS - everyone has their own definition of sexy of course, but sexyness and attraction are two different things for me. The former definitely includes things like personality as well while the latter is purely based on appearance. As it is, the OP leaves much room for debate.

The thread is too ambiguous to really get anywhere productive. ;)

Just because it's not productive doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable ;)

I've frequently came across the statement that introverts seem more attracted to extraverts and vice versa in typology related material, and I doubt it (at least reading through this posts here, and from personal preference). Maybe this is new poll material.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why is the OP comparing extraverts who are actors to introverts whose job is not to be pretty?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I catch an extrovert looking at my ass all the time so someone must think we're sexy.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Physical attractiveness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^ might be of interest I guess

I also remember reading a study of how attractive children get awarded better grades (regardless of the quality of the work) by their teachers which I think worried the government or something

Attractive people have it easier in life sky is blue water is wet that's why I go around giving attractive people abuse and tell them to stand in the corner when I'm involved in a serious discussion to even things up a bit

I also remember seeing this documentary once called sister sister or something where there was these two attractive twin girls and one was extroverted and one was kinda introverted which is kinda interesting

I given this topic the amount of respect it deserves tbh

P

Phantonym

Attractive people have it easier in life sky is blue water is wet that's why I go around giving attractive people abuse and tell them to stand in the corner when I'm involved in a serious discussion to even things up a bit

:huh: :doh: Bitter much? Interesting...

Mole

Permabanned
Do you sincerely want to be an introvert?

I wouldn't go so far as to say they mistake it, but most of the people that are commonly depicted as attractive definitely have a vulgar aspect to me.

I am quite sure they will find a cure for extroversion and then we will look back and wonder how we ever got on without it.

Of course the stigma will remain but the polite will never mention it. It will be something we will overlook in the interests of social harmony.

And at birth instead of asking, "Is it a boy or is it a girl?", we will ask, "Is it an introvert or is it an extrovert?".

There will be some who say it doesn't matter whether it is an introvert or an extrovert, but by the look on their faces we know that in their hearts they are wondering why God gave them an extrovert. "Why me?", they ask, "Why an extrovert?".

Of course the doctor will tell them that wonderful things can be done today. And although their baby has been crippled with extroversion, they will soon have it walking and talking and even smiling like a normal introvert.

And with the modern therapies of today it won't even be necessary to tell anyone of their extroversion. There is no doubt they will be able to pass as an introvert.

Sadly there are the recalcitrant cases that end up in prison or the back ward of a psychiatric hospital. And unfortunately we find it necessary to isolate them for the good of society.

But we thank God today that no extrovert can become President of the United States and the reign of vulgarity is at an end and good taste pervades the nation.

And don't think we are only thinking of ourselves as we are harnessing our medical knowledge and the persuasive power of Hollywood to bring good taste and introversion to the world.

After a century of bad taste the world found it hard to believe we are sincere. But we sincerely want you to be an introvert.

Do you?