• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you're sexay, are you more likely to be an extrovert?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Terrible, I'd hate to look like any of the examples of "hot" introverts in the pics, or give off the kind of vibe they do.

The last one did a shitty job in some sub-par movie that I've almost completely forgotten by now, fortunately.

That's like something a jealous person says, it's quite reminisicent of girls who say things like "I wouldn't want my boobs to be that big."

You already started an entire thread hating on INTJs - I guess you want to bash the rest of the introverts while you're at it.

Why don't you go play with your sock puppets Santtu?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No one "category" of myers briggs has a corner on ANYTHING.

Stoopid thread award.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Extroverts are 75% of the population, so they're more likely to be a lot things. It's a numbers thing.

To me, introverted women are sexier, on average, if I had to choose. Extroverts can be really obvious and see-through, and the added depth and mystique of introverted women is sexy. Though ENFPs can have that same appeal sometimes.

Atomic Fiend

This thread will get an endless influx of posts, spawn parody threads and be split before finally being sent to the graveyard.

And then Teslashock wins.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No one "category" of myers briggs has a corner on ANYTHING.

Stoopid thread award.

It's just for the sake of discussing hypothetical correlations. As an Ne dom, it seems like you'd understand that.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Extroverts are 75% of the population, so they're more likely to be a lot things. It's a numbers thing.

Sure, if you pulled an attractive person out of the crowd, there's a greater chance that he/she will be an extrover simply because there are more of them. But outside of these ratios, I'm wondering if there is a causal relationship between attractiveness and extroversion (again, not necessarily MBTI extroversion but the tendency to be outgoing, gregarious, energized by people, etc.). In other words, is it possible that a greater percentage of extroverts are attractive than introverts?

To me, introverted women are sexier, on average, if I had to choose. Extroverts can be really obvious and see-through, and the added depth and mystique of introverted women is sexy.

Yeah I would definitely agree that the whole "complex mystery" thing has an appeal to some. But is this really a physical thing or a personality thing? I'm wondering more about physically attractive, not just attractive overall.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
And to marmalade and anybody else who thinks they can completely disprove the claim with case by case examples:

Exhibit A:

einstein1921.jpg

Unattractive introvert #1

ayn_rand_4.jpg

Unattractive introvert #2

zappa.jpg

Unattractive introvert #3

----------------------------------------------------------------

Exhibit B:

dion.jpg

Attractive extrovert #1

ford-harrison.jpg

Attractive extrovert #2

Will_Smith_10220.jpg

Attractive extrovert #3

I'd go on to add pictures of attractive introverts and unattractive extroverts, but I think that'd be belaboring a point.

You can't really disprove the hypothesis that extroverts are more likely to be attractive by showing pictures of introverts. That doesn't do much to support anything at all other than the fact that you don't understand statistics.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Women actually liked Einstein.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think if you look at this picture
<--------------
You'll find that introverts are more attractive than extraverts ;)

Fecal McAngry

And to marmalade and anybody else who thinks they can completely disprove the claim with case by case examples:

Exhibit A:

einstein1921.jpg

Unattractive introvert #1

ayn_rand_4.jpg

Unattractive introvert #2

zappa.jpg

Unattractive introvert #3

----------------------------------------------------------------

Exhibit B:

dion.jpg

Attractive extrovert #1

ford-harrison.jpg

Attractive extrovert #2

Will_Smith_10220.jpg

Attractive extrovert #3

I'd go on to add pictures of attractive introverts and unattractive extroverts, but I think that'd be belaboring a point.

You can't really disprove the hypothesis that extroverts are more likely to be attractive by showing pictures of introverts. That doesn't do much to support anything at all other than the fact that you don't understand statistics.

Ford is an ISFP--Indiana Jones is...???

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe for his brain and fame, but certainly not for his looks. Physical appearance is not the only thing that makes one attractive.

Hey, you said sexy not conventionally good looking.

boring.jpg

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Hey, you said sexy not conventionally good looking.

boring.jpg

I thought attractive and sexy had the same connotation as "conventionally good looking." Plus the rest of the OP kind of lead in that direction, considering I posted anonymous pictures of a physically unattractive person and physically attractive person.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought attractive and sexy had the same connotation as "conventionally good looking." Plus the rest of the OP kind of lead in that direction, considering I posted anonymous pictures.

No, not at all. Sexy is sexy. Sexy might have something to do with looks, but no -that's not what sexy essentially is. Some very pretty people aren't very sexy. Some very sexy people aren't quite pretty.

There were several comments made by other members that introverts have more smoldering, intense sexuality - and that also has nothing to do with looks.

Also, Einstein wasn't ugly as a young man. He just became considerably more frightful looking as he aged, naturally.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No, not at all. Sexy is sexy. Sexy might have something to do with looks, but no -that's not what sexy essentially is. Some very pretty people aren't very sexy. Some very sexy people aren't quite pretty.

There were several comments made by other members that introverts have more smoldering, intense sexuality - and that also has nothing to do with looks.

Also, Einstein wasn't ugly as a young man. He just became considerably more frightful looking as he aged, naturally.

Sure, you can have your own definition of sexy, but I think the OP kind of speaks for itself. I certainly meant physically attractive in terms of physical appearance.

And besides, I think Einstein was pretty ugly as a young man too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The thread is too ambiguous to really get anywhere productive. ;)