• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you're sexay, are you more likely to be an extrovert?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
C:\>
C:\>cd TypoC/Forum/Members/Victor
C:\TypoC\Forum\Members\Victor>dir "point_you_are_trying_to_make.txt"
C:\TypoC\Forum\Members\Victor>file not found

Mole

Permabanned
C:\>
C:\>cd TypoC/Forum/Members/Victor
C:\TypoC\Forum\Members\Victor>dir "point_you_are_trying_to_make.txt"
C:\TypoC\Forum\Members\Victor>file not found

Well, it's like diving into a lake - we don't ask what is the point of the lake, we experience diving into the water.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't say they were correleated, part of sexiness is how people are peceived rathwr than absolutely beauty, therefore coy shy can be very sexy.

As for absolute beautify I also think that doens't correlate. know many very attractive I types and some E's. I'd say moreI's but then that might be because of my own values.

As opposed to people in the public eye, which are a different species altogether

I think you can look at this from a couple of views - long term and short term. Let's take Megan Fox - facial beauty, hip to waist ratio might be contributing there. I think it has nothing to do with her personality type. The way someone carries themselves matters. Confidence matters. Personal taste matters. Eyes matter (to me). Then, after you get to know someone better, I think the dynamic changes substantially. So, no, I don't think E/I has anything to do with sexyness unless you subscribe to the Popular Club.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The way someone carries themselves matters. Confidence matters. Personal taste matters. Eyes matter (to me). Then, after you get to know someone better, I think the dynamic changes substantially. So, no, I don't think E/I has anything to do with sexyness unless you subscribe to the Popular Club.
B-I-N-G-O!!!

:yes:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
One of the first bosses I had said women should be ladies by day and whores by night.

Not the other way around.

Besides, women do multi-tasking better than men.

:)

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think being attractive influences weather your a introvert or extrovert. However, I think it might led extrovert people to think they are introvert because they might spend alot of time alone due to low self-esteem which would make them miserable. Regardless, the fundamental of where these people get their energies would still be from other people and I don't think that will change.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I think sexiness surrounds someone. I think it is an air that cannot be contained, whether it's in a pretty package or not. I don't think E nor I has a corner on the sexy market ;).

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought that introversion played a role in sexiness for females. The quiet, mysterious type.

(I remember in highschool I decided that if I wanted a boyfriend than maybe I should just shut up for a minute and stop acting so guyish.)

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
(I remember in highschool I decided that if I wanted a boyfriend than maybe I should just shut up for a minute and stop acting so guyish.)

Hehe, in high school I thought that if I wanted a boyfriend I should perhaps talk a little more and act more guyish :laugh:

To the OP, sexiness is highly relative and I doubt it has anything to do with extroversion/introversion. Of course that some people will find extroverts more sexy, and others will have a thing for introverts. Similarly, some people will prefer INTJs, other will fancy ISTPs, and others will think that ENFJs are the hottest thing in this world. And in the end, it will all boil down to the individual, of course. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, sexiness is in their nose or something :D

Personally, I find ENFP and ESFP girls the sexiest in general. As for men, I'm attracted to intelligence and compatible feromones.

One also has to remember that it's possible to fall in love with people who they didn't find too attractive before, and then they'll find them the hottest and most lovable creature in the world. There are such thing as personality and connection, you know.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel that sexiness (or a lack thereof) doesn't create an extrovert or introvert, but it can affect them. If you're extroverted by nature then perhaps being sexy will further enable you in your endeavors, but maybe you'll be hindered if you aren't sexy. It doesn't change what you are, but it changes the extent that it is utilized.

I'm sub-par, but i'm definitely extroverted and feel it will come across more so in the future as i shape up.
One of my close friends is gorgeous, but it doesn't change that she is introverted. At her core, she prefers her alone time and keeping deeper thoughts to herself.

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Is it reasonable to believe that attractive people are more likely to be extroverts? Maybe not necessarily "extroverts" according to the cognitive functions, but just more outgoing and bombastic. Of course this has obvious typological implications as well.

It seems like this guy:

ugly_man4.jpg

would be much more inclined to want to curl up into a ball and never interact with society. While this sexy beast:

hot-man.jpg

would want everybody to notice him and thus be more inclined to interact with his outer world.

Of course beauty is somewhat subjective, but if a person is decently attractive, it seems like they would inevitably realize it due to the reactions of those around them. If somebody is attractive, perhaps they experience more positive interactions, fueling their extroversion. If somebody is less attractive, perhaps they experience more negative interactions, fueling their reclusiveness.

Obviously the umbrella assumption enveloping this thread is that society as a whole is very superficial.

Am I being a complete douche, or is there a trend? Thoughts?

Short answer: No. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.