First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    The thread doesn't really claim that introverts can't be sexy. Just because sexy people are likely (hypothetically) to be extroverts doesn't mean introverts can't be sexy as well. Your logic is made of fail.
    I think your theory is utterly wrong and I've seen no "logic" of yours in this thread to prove any part of your theory.

The problem with a thread like this is I can't come in here saying introverts are sexy without sounding like a complete dick. So, thanks to all the extroverts in the thread for speaking the truth.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

The thread doesn't really claim that introverts can't be sexy. Just because sexy people are likely (hypothetically) to be extroverts doesn't mean introverts can't be sexy as well. Your logic is made of fail.

Maybe cognitive function extroversion is determined long before puberty, but some people are shy as kids and outgoing as adults. This is quite common actually.
    I was quite outgoing and lively as a child, but now I'm rather private and reserved. Maybe it has to do with something I experienced during puberty which I think plays a large role in the development of congitive functions. But once agian, I'd be extremely careful to equate introversion with shyness. I would argue that there is a correlation, but I think Sky described it quite nicely - not every introvert is necessarily shy, and I'm quite sure that there are shy extraverts as well.
    I think it's a confusion of introversion/extraversion in common use and the specific meaning they have in the typological/Jungian sense. The former definitely equates introversion with shyness sometimes; the latter doesn't.

Perhaps physical beauty is a function of one's ability to take care of their body, skin, hair, and general physical upkeep. Extroverts may have more of a reason to keep their body in ship-shape since more people see it. Perhaps the thread should be more like "If you're an extrovert, are you more likely to be sexy?" I don't know; I'll have to think about that one.

Honestly, this whole thread is completely non-falsifiable. I just wanted to think about the possible correlation.
    I'm very careful about my appearance. I'm definitely not the person to say that "appearance doesn't matter" because it's as much a part of me as anything else. I see it as a possibilty to present myself in a certain way. I don't think I'm superficial for that reason; I simply think it's a fact that people look at me and will judge me accordingly.

As to falsifiability, well - I doubt that sexyness is an objective category. There is certainly a general perception of what is considered "sexy", but I'd say this is rather the majority of subjective opinions. - There's no way to convince one person of another person's attractiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It's not my personal preference, but just a summary of the plot of half the teen movies made.
    I didn't mean to imply that. On a more general note, I'm slightly annoyed by things like beauty pageants (and ads, films etc.) because they seem to imply that there is something like objective beauty. I don't know how much of an impact they have; all I can't say that I probably wouldn't want to date most of the women that are generally considered attractive (based on their appearance).
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Disproving your thread, one hot introvert at a time

i have a lot to say on this topic; it's far more complex and interesting than it appears to be

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Disproving your thread, one hot introvert at a time
    And let's not forget that that's a real picture of me in my avi.
    I quietly add myself to your list
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Ah yes, repressed sexuality - what can be more sexy than sexuality smouldering away ready to burst into flame at anytime.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Terrible, I'd hate to look like any of the examples of "hot" introverts in the pics, or give off the kind of vibe they do.

The last one did a shitty job in some sub-par movie that I've almost completely forgotten by now, fortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Terrible, I'd hate to look like any of the examples of "hot" introverts in the pics, or give off the kind of vibe they do.
    Ahah, yeah, I feel the same. Just a type of energy I really wouldn't like to give off, even if I can understand its appeal.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    And let's not forget that that's a real picture of me in my avi.
    I quietly add myself to your list
    Yes, I second you being added to my list!