User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    infp

Have you seen some of the introverted womenz of this forum? total stunners, so no, I don't think E or I has anything to do with good looks.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

tl;dr

1) The 'extravert' as in everyday use != MB 'extravert'.
    2) People on the disfavoured side of society (either because of their looks, or because of 994834 other reasons) are more likely to develop introverted tendencies.

People in the center are not more good-looking (0 correlation), but definitely are more ready to accept social norms, so they might seem to be more "wanted".

That's all the information you will get. So to answer your question: no.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Aren't the introverts the proverbial hot girl in glasses that no one realizes is attractive until she takes off the glasses and goes to the school dance with the local quarterback?

Basically extroverts are more attuned to the external labels of attractiveness and are more likely to display these for all to see whereas the introvert doesn't care as much. This is actually something that amazed me at just how directly people think and behave. If you don't advertise something, it is assumed you don't have it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Basically extroverts are more attuned to the external labels of attractiveness and are more likely to display these for all to see whereas the introvert doesn't care as much. This is actually something that amazed me at just how directly people think and behave. If you don't advertise something, it is assumed you don't have it.
    Seriously? No. I have way less idea what makes "attractiveness" than most women.

Depending on the other letters I have much more in common with many introverts than I do with some extroverts. We really should all know this.

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

Aaaargh my eyesss!!....too much baby oil *shudder* How the hell is he not sliding all over the...pahahaha....nevermind. Horrific mental images xD

Nah your either hot or your not I guess. Extroverts would just tend to flaunt it more I'd say, not that i'm speaking from experience *blinding grin* ;D
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    I

This makes no sense. If anything, the opposite is true.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Mm. I guess E,S (not in this order - just more important than T-F, P-J) are the dichotomies most associated (positively correlated) with how carefully a person cares about his-her own personal appearance. Which isn't necessarily correlated with sexiness, but it can be perceived as such at first impact.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Attractiveness, the notion of "sexy", comes in different forms (physical, psychological, you name it) to different people. I think it mostly boils down to self-esteem and self-confidence. People who feel good about themselves and who feel comfortable in their bodies, who are in the mindset that they are attractive (not so much dwelling on being attractive to others around them but being confident in themselves just as they are), then I think it is reasonable to believe that they are more likely to share themselves by being outgoing and an "extravert" in that sense. These people can be introverts or extraverts according to the typology theory, so in that sense I think there's not much correlation.
    That's exactly what I think, too.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Aren't the introverts the proverbial hot girl in glasses that no one realizes is attractive until she takes off the glasses and goes to the school dance with the local quarterback?
    I don't like that notion. I feel drawn to exactly those girls before they take off their glasses and try to conform to the common standards of attractiveness.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    This makes no sense. If anything, the opposite is true.
    You just say that because you're an introvert. Don't worry; there can be exceptions to the hypothesis.

MBTI
    XXFP

I think a big factor in "attractiveness" is just being well kempt and having a style that works well for you.

Example:
    Cameron Diaz

and

Cameron Diaz (Being John Malkovich)

You could argue that if you're an extrovert, you'd care more about this stuff, but really, regardless of everything else, looking presentable is nice, if only for yourself.

And a second example, because Being John... is cool like that.

John Cusack

and

John Cusack + Diaz

I'm not totally sure what all this really ads to the topic, except for pictures and the point that you should keep yourself clean. And that I don't think appeal has to do with intro/extroversion.

Also, Japanese Geisha's - totally introverted, right?
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.