User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Teslashock, why must you show that hideous face in the OP? Is that what you imagine when thinking of introverts?

MBTI
    INxx

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Also, as far as the whole "you are born with an E/I preference", I don't think that's genetically engrained in us. This is especially true of E/I, as that letter only minorly switches around some of your functions. Is it so hard to fathom that our environment might play a role in our changing/defining our character? Hmmm...
    Well, not according to Jung and most of the theories that sprang from his work. According to Jung, E/I is the the most radical and important distinction in a temperament's configuration. A change in function order is in no way minor. There truly is a difference between say, Ne filtered through Ti and Ti filtered through Ne. HUGE difference there. Functions dont work separately, the secondary function works THROUGH the dominant one. So you cant just switch the order of your functions on command or through life even.

Ill see if i can find a link with what Jung said on extroversion and introversion... it really is an eye opener.

Oh and also, to address the other questions.. there is a difference between temperament, character and personality. While the last two are build upon the temperament and are changeable and shaped by our environment, most authors agree that we are born with -yes- a set of genetically inherited traits that constitute what in psychology is called temperament. Authors differ on what consitutes part of this inherited temperament, most of them agree that energy levels and/or E/I is part of it.
    I would eat an artichoke down to its heart,
    then feed the heart to him.
    It was enough that he was not you and utterly foreign,
    related to no one. So easy to love.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Teslashock, why must you show that hideous face in the OP? Is that what you imagine when thinking of introverts?
    Yeah obviously. Come on, we all know introverts never get laid.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yeah obviously. Come on, we all know introverts never get laid.
    I dare you to say that to the ISTPs.

Come on, we all know introverts never get laid.
    Come on, we all know that extroverts are like rabbits.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Sunless View Post
    Well, not according to Jung and most of the theories that sprang from his work. According to Jung, E/I is the the most radical and important distinction in a temperament's configuration. A change in function order is in no way minor. There truly is a difference between say, Ne filtered through Ti and Ti filtered through Ne. HUGE difference there. Functions dont work separately, the secondary function works THROUGH the dominant one. So you cant just switch the order of your functions on command or through life even.

Ill see if i can find a link with what Jung said on extroversion and introversion... it really is an eye opener.

Oh and also, to address the other questions.. there is a difference between temperament, character and personality. While the last two are build upon the temperament and are changeable and shaped by our environment, most authors agree that we are born with -yes- a set of genetically inherited traits that constitute what in psychology is called temperament. Authors differ on what consitutes part of this inherited temperament, most of them agree that energy levels and/or E/I is part of it.

Yes I've heard this theory that we are born with a genetically encoded personality. I don't buy it though. Our environment has way too much of an impact on us. Genes can only do so much, especially when it comes to the mind.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Extroverts tend to be more vain. Introverts have higher quality, longer lasting, sexyness.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

I wouldn't say they were correleated, part of sexiness is how people are peceived rathwr than absolutely beauty, therefore coy shy can be very sexy.

As for absolute beautify I also think that doens't correlate. know many very attractive I types and some E's. I'd say moreI's but then that might be because of my own values.

As opposed to people in the public eye, which are a different species altogether

Phantonym

Attractiveness, the notion of "sexy", comes in different forms (physical, psychological, you name it) to different people. I think it mostly boils down to self-esteem and self-confidence. People who feel good about themselves and who feel comfortable in their bodies, who are in the mindset that they are attractive (not so much dwelling on being attractive to others around them but being confident in themselves just as they are), then I think it is reasonable to believe that they are more likely to share themselves by being outgoing and an "extravert" in that sense. These people can be introverts or extraverts according to the typology theory, so in that sense I think there's not much correlation.

I find moral courage attractive. It touches something deep inside me. I almost worship moral courage.

And usually those showing moral courage do so without the slightest self consciousness. And it is this lack of self consciousness that makes them loveable.