User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Of course beauty is somewhat subjective, but if a person is decently attractive, it seems like they would inevitably realize it due to the reactions of those around them. If somebody is attractive, perhaps they experience more positive interactions, fueling their extroversion. If somebody is less attractive, perhaps they experience more negative interactions, fueling their reclusiveness.
    People who are considered to be attractive may be more outgoing or just more idealist about people because attractive people are usually treated better than people considered to be unattractive. Their experiences with people may generally be more positive. I can see that.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If it has to do with how sexy you think you are, all girls would be introverts because all girls think they are ugly fucks.
    I'm the most beautiful thing that ever walked this earth kay thanks.
    D<

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If it has to do with how sexy you think you are, all girls would be introverts because all girls think they are ugly fucks.
    I wouldn't say that I'm ugly, I've seen some worse cases than I am..On the other hand i don't consider myself as beautiful too. I guess and hope, that I'm somewhere in between. But not average.
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

i think introvertion/extroversion has nothing to do with appearance, i've received a lot of female attention from quite a young age but I never know what to do with it because im a very strong introvert, and im not really sure 'attractive' people get treated better.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    i think introvertion/extroversion has nothing to do with appearance, i've received a lot of female attention from quite a young age but I never know what to do with it because im a very strong introvert, and im not really sure 'attractive' people get treated better.
    Perhaps you get a lot of female attention because your introversion is mysterious. Women dig enigmatic men. You can't completely disregard my claim simply because you are one exception to the hypothesized rule. That's silly.

I don't think that all attractive people will be extroverts, but I do think that being attractive makes one more likely to be an extrovert. Obviously it is not the only factor that comes into play, and there are exceptions to the claim, but I definitely think that physical appearance sways one's character.

And I definitely agree with EnFpFer when she says that attractive people get treated better. If there are two applicants for a job and they have completely equal credentials outside of their physical appearance, the employer will hands-down pick the more attractive person, even if the employer and applicants are of the same sex.

MBTI
    INxx

You are born with a temperament that includes I/E preferences. It has nothing to do with looks, shyness or complexes.

It just means you find energy in different settings.
    I would eat an artichoke down to its heart,
    then feed the heart to him.
    It was enough that he was not you and utterly foreign,
    related to no one. So easy to love.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think S's are more sexah because they focus on that more. I'm probably full of crap. But the OP is too, so it works.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Perhaps you get a lot of female attention because your introversion is mysterious. Women dig enigmatic men.
    Do tell I've always thought that extraversion was considered more attractive as it is frequently associated with assertiveness and masculinity in general... (or at least I think so).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunless View Post
    You are born with a temperament that includes I/E preferences. It has nothing to do with looks, shyness or complexes.

It just means you find energy in different settings.
    That.

Thanks for mentioning shyness. I think that introversion and shyness are confused quite frequently. Being told that you're attractive might make you feel more self-confident (and possibly less prone to shyness), but it doesn't make your introversion turn into extraversion at some point. An introvert still experiences too much interaction as draining at some point, even if he/she experiences that he/she is well-liked and considered attractive.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Do tell I've always thought that extraversion was considered more attractive as it is frequently associated with assertiveness and masculinity in general... (or at least I think so).
    I think that's true some times too, but some girls like puzzles.

Thanks for mentioning shyness. I think that introversion and shyness are confused quite frequently. Being told that you're attractive might make you feel more self-confident (and possibly less prone to shyness), but it doesn't make your introversion turn into extraversion at some point. An introvert still experiences too much interaction as draining at some point, even if he/she experiences that he/she is well-liked and considered attractive.
    Well I did say that I don't necessarily mean the E/I preference but more the tendencies for being bombastic/gregarious vs. reclusive/shy. I think that being attractive could possibly make people more prone to being outgoing; that's all I mean. But of course outgoing/shy and E/I are related, so physical apperance may have an affect on your E/I preference as well. Let's talk about the outgoing/shy thing first though.

Also, as far as the whole "you are born with an E/I preference", I don't think that's genetically engrained in us. This is especially true of E/I, as that letter only minorly switches around some of your functions. Is it so hard to fathom that our environment might play a role in our changing/defining our character? Hmmm...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I think the S is why people spend so much time on their own appearance. But sexiness depends on so much. My boyfriend is sexy (;D) and he does spend WAY more time in the mirror than me. He wants to put his hair a certain way and he chooses his clothes early to make sure they all look good and match. I just throw on some sweatpants or jeans and maybe do my hair or make up. Also, every girl I know that is an S wears make up and does her hair every day. The girl N's I know don't care about that stuff nearly as much.