User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That's like something a jealous person says, it's quite reminisicent of girls who say things like "I wouldn't want my boobs to be that big."
    Why didn't it just cross your mind that I'd prefer to look like an extrovert?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I thought attractive and sexy had the same connotation as "conventionally good looking." Plus the rest of the OP kind of lead in that direction, considering I posted anonymous pictures of a physically unattractive person and physically attractive person.
    Why would anyone bother with someone who is conventionally good looking, but not subjectively so?

Sure, you can have your own definition of sexy, but I think the OP kind of speaks for itself. I certainly meant physically attractive in terms of physical appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Sexy is sexy. Sexy might have something to do with looks, but no -that's not what sexy essentially is. Some very pretty people aren't very sexy. Some very sexy people aren't quite pretty.
    I agree with MS - everyone has their own definition of sexy of course, but sexyness and attraction are two different things for me. The former definitely includes things like personality as well while the latter is purely based on appearance. As it is, the OP leaves much room for debate.

The thread is too ambiguous to really get anywhere productive.
    Just because it's not productive doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable

I've frequently came across the statement that introverts seem more attracted to extraverts and vice versa in typology related material, and I doubt it (at least reading through this posts here, and from personal preference). Maybe this is new poll material.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, I'm attracted to an introvert ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why is the OP comparing extraverts who are actors to introverts whose job is not to be pretty?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I catch an extrovert looking at my ass all the time so someone must think we're sexy.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Physical attractiveness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^ might be of interest I guess

I also remember reading a study of how attractive children get awarded better grades (regardless of the quality of the work) by their teachers which I think worried the government or something

Attractive people have it easier in life sky is blue water is wet that's why I go around giving attractive people abuse and tell them to stand in the corner when I'm involved in a serious discussion to even things up a bit

I also remember seeing this documentary once called sister sister or something where there was these two attractive twin girls and one was extroverted and one was kinda introverted which is kinda interesting

I given this topic the amount of respect it deserves tbh

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by 6.4 View Post
    Attractive people have it easier in life sky is blue water is wet that's why I go around giving attractive people abuse and tell them to stand in the corner when I'm involved in a serious discussion to even things up a bit
    Bitter much? Interesting...

I thought Ford was an ENTJ. That's what I heard through the grapevine.
    Don't believe the grapevine.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I catch an extrovert looking at my ass all the time so someone must think we're sexy.
    If your avatar photo is your real ass, no fuckin' wonder...

Thumbs down Do you sincerely want to be an introvert?

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they mistake it, but most of the people that are commonly depicted as attractive definitely have a vulgar aspect to me.
    I am quite sure they will find a cure for extroversion and then we will look back and wonder how we ever got on without it.

Of course the stigma will remain but the polite will never mention it. It will be something we will overlook in the interests of social harmony.

And at birth instead of asking, "Is it a boy or is it a girl?", we will ask, "Is it an introvert or is it an extrovert?".

There will be some who say it doesn't matter whether it is an introvert or an extrovert, but by the look on their faces we know that in their hearts they are wondering why God gave them an extrovert. "Why me?", they ask, "Why an extrovert?".

Of course the doctor will tell them that wonderful things can be done today. And although their baby has been crippled with extroversion, they will soon have it walking and talking and even smiling like a normal introvert.

And with the modern therapies of today it won't even be necessary to tell anyone of their extroversion. There is no doubt they will be able to pass as an introvert.

Sadly there are the recalcitrant cases that end up in prison or the back ward of a psychiatric hospital. And unfortunately we find it necessary to isolate them for the good of society.

But we thank God today that no extrovert can become President of the United States and the reign of vulgarity is at an end and good taste pervades the nation.

And don't think we are only thinking of ourselves as we are harnessing our medical knowledge and the persuasive power of Hollywood to bring good taste and introversion to the world.

After a century of bad taste the world found it hard to believe we are sincere. But we sincerely want you to be an introvert.

Do you?