• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Soup

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I came across these Andy Warhol images recently, and it just reminded me of MBTI and some of the typism that can result. Consider these fun metaphors.

INTPcentral as Beef Noodle

MBTIcentral as assorted soups

The principle of mass production and labeling is so deeply ingrained in modern thought as expressed in these images. The complexity and eclecticism of modernism is at complete odds with how humans have been living since the beginning of time. It goes against the simplicity of tribalism. We do need to understand ourselves and how we relate to others. When confronted with so many 'others' are we especially inclined to simplify them in order to make sense of our world? More now than ever? Or to about the same degree? What other factors produce typism instead of understanding?

All and all, I believe THIS to be the truth about MBTI and personality analysis. (click on 'this' for link)

What do you think?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the last link was hilarious. so true, so true. and we willingly jump into the cans, too. do you know why? because soup is so delicious when it seems to have been made just for you.

MBTI Type
ENTP
All and all, I believe THIS to be the truth about MBTI and personality analysis. (click on 'this' for link)

What do you think?

hey, the 4 temperaments!
You make an interesting point. But the fact that not everyone would not pick the same color scheme if all 4 were available at the store means the concept of personality analysis isn't totally BS, and yet no one would purchase an empty tomato soup can even if it was a cool shade of blue, right? Everyone knows we're all human, but it's naive to pretend that taste doesn't matter.

wyrdsister

MBTI Type
Ape
toonia are you trying to say that we are all human despite the different shades of type?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
toonia are you trying to say that we are all human despite the different shades of type?
I'm actually not concluding anything, but found the statements made by Warhol relevant to the way people approach thinking and relating in modern society in general, including how they think about MBTI. It just looks like an interesting analogy to explore.

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
It's condensed soup. I thought she was implying that we're all thick. :)