User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Intelligence is correlated to N and to a lesser extent, P.
    that cos N types have more help

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...y-friends.html

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    My father was the same way. He was a 'genuis'. certifiable. But he was a bi-polar mess of a human being. His emotional development was so low and fragile that he just couldn't cope with anything. By the time I was born , he was done being a lousy parent and just did nothing but read books and watch the Muppets. Who gives a shit what you know if your relationships are fucked up? Intelligence can be a crutch and a method of avoidance for some....
    You just described my mother Especially with the reading and The Muppet Show thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Please don't cite the nutty Republican blog. I'm tired of seeing that one.
    I'm quoting it's quotation of stats from a study. Who cares about the blog itself, or what you are or are not tired of.

Anyway, the point is that F or T, J or P and I or E had far less to do with the test results than S or N.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My emotional depth is a mile long. I just put a lid on it.
    HAHAHAHAHA

I see what you did there.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

What about Ts who are geniuses and idiots at the same time? Like an INTP kid I used to know who's probably going to discover the cure for cancer in a few decades, who's done all these stupid things like
    1. accidentally making chlorine gas in his kitchen
    2. accidentally setting his entire lawn on fire
    3. forgetting the name of the high school he attended
    etc. etc. etc.

Also, some cartoon character examples of stupid thinkers:
    - the pointy-haired boss from "Dilbert"
    - Wile E. Coyote
    - Johnny Bravo
    - Moe, the bully from "Calvin and Hobbes"
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I googled stuff:

The Relationship of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to IQ Level and the Fluid and Crystallized IQ Discrepancy on the Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Test (KAIT) -- Kaufman et al. 3 (3): 225 -- Assessment

Liberty Corner: IQ and Personality

This article indicates Feelers had an edge:
    Analysis of MBTI type patterns in college scholars - page 3 | College Student Journal

The trend here and most other studies I've personally come across is that intuitives score higher on IQ tests and tests that gauge intelligence/"giftedness" (which is really a certain kind of smarts, and these studies are always questionable). Some studies indicate that introversion, judging and thinking give a slight edge, but not nearly as much as intuitiveness.

Thinking is just a cognitive process - it does not make someone smart, not even book smart. Think about the stereotypical STP meatheads - sure, it's a stereotype, but it shows how Thinkers can be and come across as stupid.
    I have never seen these statistics, but have heard that Ns generally do better on these types of tests and that a large portion of, I think it was ENFPs (Bill Clinton maybe??) get Rhodes Scholarships. Other types of smarts (e.g., Emotional intelligence) are probably overall more important to success in life though.

There is this experiment I read about once - you give two small children a marshmallow and tell them not to eat it and if they don't, when you come back you'll get two. The ones who couldn't wait - who ate the marshmallow were much less likely to be successful later in life than the ones who waited and got two. It has something to do with self control and ability to postpone gratification I believe. That would be one example of emotional intelligence.

MBTI
    ENTP

From here.

Post any dueling studies if you have them.
    Not notice anything suspicious about those sample sizes at all? Absolutely sample size of c.5700, then spikes to 9000 and it really is all over the place after that.... will pick my way through the wider report, but the reporting is B-A-D.... I'm not saying that the N theory doesn't hold true....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Not notice anything suspicious about those sample sizes at all? Absolutely sample size of c.5700, then spikes to 9000 and it really is all over the place after that.... will pick my way through the wider report, but the reporting is BAD.... I'm not saying that the N theory doesn't hold true....
    Ok having read through there are a few things to think about...

We have 5700-ish Normative respondents (people) and 9000 answers.... how so? We have a gifted sample of how many people (5800-sh responces)?

Define gifted (the sample is made up of a whole bunch of articles/research studies some of wich are unpublished). No clear definition of what Gifted is.

The Normative group relates fairly well to some primary research I did in the UK with an adult audience, ie it was largely similar and in comparision as well as with online MBTI statistics (which I assume are skewed towards the US.

The report reports that Intautive Introvers are higher within the gifter sample... however what it fails to draw out is that it is more even not imbalnced in the gifted sample... ie the general population is skewed heavily towards extrovertion, and in the gifted population it is more 51:49 (E/I).

The phrase
    People who preferred introversion and intuition showed greater academic aptitude than those who preferred extraversion and sensing.

Is not all true, N types are singificantly larger within the gifted sample and when compared with the normative, however I are not (althoguh singificantly more in gifted but not greater than Es in the gifted population).

So there is no directional split of Introvers are more gifted than Extroverts. The difference with this sample size would be significance but in practicality E and I are equal in the gifted population.

N shows a significant skew for the gifted - both against S in the gifted sample and when compared with the N sample in normative data set. (72:28) N:S in the gifted sample, which is virtually opposite to the normaitve sample.

F/T; Gifted show a T skew of c.8%

PJ - shows a proper skew into P for the gifted sample....

so there is a skew towards xNxP for gifteness.

A correlation of 0.76 is not a good correlation, 0.86 is approaching a good correlation so some of the correlations are well shonky.

I'm very dubious about the gifted sample and actually how the research has reported more people than took part in the overall surveys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    INTP 12,03 3,54 3,40
    INTJ 7,53 2,62 2,87
    INFP 10,41 3,89 2,68
    INFJ 4,78 1,79 2,67
    ENTP 11,35 4,89 2,32
    ENFP 15,45 7,6 2,03
    ENTJ 5,84 3,93 1,49
    ENFJ 4,55 3,61 1,26
    ISTJ 6,83 6,92 0,99
    ISTP 3,23 4,16 0,78
    ESTP 3,21 6,52 0,49
    ISFJ 2,73 6,82 0,40
    ISFP 2,15 5,4 0,40
    ESFP 2,63 9,37 0,28
    ESTJ 3,89 14,97 0,26
    ESFJ 3,31 13,97 0,24

Gifted / Norm according to the table above
    kinda missing the point...
    What does gifted mean, and where did the sample come from? There sin't a definition in the link.

There are more answers than there are people for both the Gifted and the Normative data.... 100 people can't profile 200 times

Also is the gifted a subset of the normative data or not (because if they are not independant then the stats need to be used differently).

Sorry not meaning to be a pain, just it isn't in the report

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    kinda missing the point...
    What does gifted mean, and where did the sample come from? There sin't a definition in the link.

There are more answers than there are people for both the Gifted and the Normative data.... 100 people can't profile 200 times

Also is the gifted a subset of the normative data or not (because if they are not independant then the stats need to be used differently).

Sorry not meaning to be a pain, just it isn't in the report
    Just wanted to screw around with the table a bit - maybe I got it wrong.
    I basically meant it as a reply to Marm's post:

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Is that chart saying that ENFPs are the most gifted? Because that's what it looks like.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-