User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Is that chart saying that ENFPs are the most gifted? Because that's what it looks like.
    Nah, it means that there are 2 times more enfps in the gifted category than in the 'norm group' per 100 people
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    enfp

Is that chart saying that ENFPs are the most gifted? Because that's what it looks like.
    Well not necessarily. Because it looks like INTP is over-represented 3+ times. Whereas others might be overrepresented only about 2 times...

So relative wise, it looks like INTP ftw.

Sheer number wise, ENFP's do outnumber though. We'd have to band up with like INFP and ENTJ/ENTP's to take over the INTP's, and like wear them out senseless from sex or something so they don't cause any trouble. muahahaha!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    There are plenty of stupid thinkers, especially if they're 40% of the population, there's bound to be an endless amount. From statistics I've seen, Ts are only a little more likely than Fs to have high IQ or SAT scores. E/I and S/N has more to do with IQ test performance, favoring IN.

There's even stupid NTs. ENTPs are super dumb.

I don't think IQ measures intelligence perfectly, but it gives a decent rough estimate. I don't know about the reliability of the MBTI studies, but they seem to mirror what I see IRL.
    Intelligence is multi-faceted! There's no one number or scale that can describe it accurately because there are numerous different types of intelligence.

IQ tests measure N and T intelligence. SFPs score a lot lower on average because the test doesn't favor their type of intelligence. If you did a field test involving physical dexterity, awareness of the environment and other Se skills, you'd find that NTs would score significantly lower.

The IQ test and SAT, unfortunately, contribute to the pretentious NT attitude that N and T intelligences are the only "real intelligence", which is a large part of why NTs think they're so much smarter than everyone else.

Everyone's idea of intelligence is different. As I said recently in a different thread, most people unconsciously define "intelligent" as "good at my dominant function" and anyone who isn't good at what we're good at gets labeled "stupid", thanks to our good friend perceptual bias.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Intelligence is multi-faceted! There's no one number or scale that can describe it accurately because there are numerous different types of intelligence.

IQ tests measure N and T intelligence. SFPs score a lot lower on average because the test doesn't favor their type of intelligence. If you did a field test involving physical dexterity, awareness of the environment and other Se skills, you'd find that NTs would score significantly lower.

The IQ test and SAT, unfortunately, contribute to the pretentious NT attitude that N and T intelligences are the only "real intelligence", which is a large part of why NTs think they're so much smarter than everyone else.

Everyone's idea of intelligence is different. As I said recently in a different thread, most people unconsciously define "intelligent" as "good at my dominant function" and anyone who isn't good at what we're good at gets labeled "stupid", thanks to our good friend perceptual bias.
    This.

Everyone is smart in their own regard. We all have our parts to play. Stupidity in my opinion is when people do not play their parts in their respective area.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Are you a feeler? Because that sounds like a whine!
    Just because your type is gifted, doesn't mean you are!

In terms of sheer numbers, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    I'm not entirely certain (and I don't generally trust my mathematical ability), but isn't P the least significant correlation?

N is strongest, followed by I, then T, then P.

Edit: Actually, now I'm not sure. The difference between the ratios (I'm not sure if that's what it's called; the no. in the gifted population divided by the no. in the normal population) of T to F is 0.23, whereas for P to J it's 0.39, but T itself has a higher ratio (1.13) than does P (1.11)...?

It's either NITP or NIPT.

Gifted adolescents were significantly more introverted than the normative group (n = 5,723; z = 3.85; p<.01).

Also, the analysis indicated that gifted adolescents were significantly more intuitive than the general high school population (z = 12.71; p < .01).

Further, this integration of research results revealed significant differences between the gifted samples and the normative in the thinking dimension (z =1.72; p < .05; one-tailed).

Moreover, the gifted adolescents were significantly higher than the general high school population in the perceiving dimension (z = 4.96; p < .01).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    PS. the twin question: is it possible to be a Feeler with the emotional depth of a teaspoon?
    Yes. I've been there for a long time. Finally starting to get my emotional wings about me. I'd say it's never too late to develop one's intelligence or emotional depth.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Are there stupid thinkers? Uhhhhh...yeah!!!

So I dated this INPT who was a a big 'ol cuddly teddy bear, but he wasn't splitting atoms in his spare time...know what I'm sayin'? Example:

Me: My grandfather was a butcher, but the family was poor so they had to sell all of the good meat to buy necessities and keep the lips & @ssholes for themselves.

Him: You can eat @ssholes?

Me: Nevermind

Oh my...that still cracks me up!!!!!

On the other hand, I was married to an INTJ who was ridiculously smart.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

We're all idiots, really. Our vast compendium of knowledge is not a talent, it's more like a man's dualie truck with a nine inch lift. You know, compensating.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    We're all idiots, really. Our vast compendium of knowledge is not a talent, it's more like a man's dualie truck with a nine inch lift. You know, compensating.
    Sometimes I like to think that I'm dumb in an extremely sophisticated way

@Jo: Hilarious.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, I guess I just don't know what I'm doing. I get different results from their analysis, and different results from this table than from the other one.

I'll stop trying to work it out now.