User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Because people who can generate random and useless information are intelligent apparently.
    Good answer....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've heard that E's are the only types that are good with people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

From here.

Post any dueling studies if you have them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I googled stuff:

The Relationship of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to IQ Level and the Fluid and Crystallized IQ Discrepancy on the Kaufman Adolescent and Adult Intelligence Test (KAIT) -- Kaufman et al. 3 (3): 225 -- Assessment

It was hypothesized that individuals favoring Intuition and Thinking would be more intelligent and would favor fluid over crystallized intelligence relative to those favoring Sensing and Feeling, respectively.

.....Consistent with hypothesized relationships, people classified as Intuitive earned higher KAIT Composite IQs than those classified as Sensing. However, most other hypotheses were not supported...

Liberty Corner: IQ and Personality

In summary, here's what the statistics indicate about the correlation between personality traits and IQ:

* Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 27 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).

* Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 8 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 2.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is about twice as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).

* Moreover, if you encounter an INTJ (Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging), there is a 37% probability that his IQ places him in the top 2 percent of the population. The probability is 20% for an INTP, 15% for an INFJ, and 8% for an INFP. These four types account for 66% of the high-IQ population but only 6% of the total population.
    This article indicates Feelers had an edge:
    Analysis of MBTI type patterns in college scholars - page 3 | College Student Journal

The trend here and most other studies I've personally come across is that intuitives score higher on IQ tests and tests that gauge intelligence/"giftedness" (which is really a certain kind of smarts, and these studies are always questionable). Some studies indicate that introversion, judging and thinking give a slight edge, but not nearly as much as intuitiveness.

Thinking is just a cognitive process - it does not make someone smart, not even book smart. Think about the stereotypical STP meatheads - sure, it's a stereotype, but it shows how Thinkers can be and come across as stupid.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Please don't cite the nutty Republican blog. I'm tired of seeing that one.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Please don't cite the nutty Republican blog. I'm tired of seeing that one.
    Are you a feeler? Because that sounds like a whine!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

From here.

Post any dueling studies if you have them.
    Is that chart saying that ENFPs are the most gifted? Because that's what it looks like.

MBTI
    INTJ

Intelligence is correlated to N and to a lesser extent, P.
    From here.
    I'm not entirely certain (and I don't generally trust my mathematical ability), but isn't P the least significant correlation?

N is strongest, followed by I, then T, then P.

Edit: Actually, now I'm not sure. The difference between the ratios (I'm not sure if that's what it's called; the no. in the gifted population divided by the no. in the normal population) of T to F is 0.23, whereas for P to J it's 0.39, but T itself has a higher ratio (1.13) than does P (1.11)...?

It's either NITP or NIPT.

MBTI
    CAT

Considering that 'type' is something so intangible that there is no absolutely reliable personality test out there yet and therefore no reliable basic statistics, I really don't see how anyone can make any subsequent statistics, present them like facts and draw any conclusions from them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Considering that 'type' is something so intangible that there is no absolutely reliable personality test out there yet and therefore no reliable basic statistics, I really don't see how anyone can make any subsequent statistics, present them like facts and draw any conclusions from them.