User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Nothing like starting a thread to discuss what is already known.
    you know I was looking at the root directory and saw the thread title with Jag as the most recent reply.....

Whats he gonna say.... LOL it's like painting a huge target

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    My father, who was an INTP, was the biggest moron ever, even though he was technically a genius.

I also have plenty of T friends and acquaintances who are not so briz-ight.
    My father was the same way. He was a 'genuis'. certifiable. But he was a bi-polar mess of a human being. His emotional development was so low and fragile that he just couldn't cope with anything. By the time I was born , he was done being a lousy parent and just did nothing but read books and watch the Muppets. Who gives a shit what you know if your relationships are fucked up? Intelligence can be a crutch and a method of avoidance for some....

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Are Ts always intelligent? I don't think so.

Ts prefer to use logic rather than emotions to decide upon. That doesn't imply their logic is strong...

I've found an example. Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda, Roald Dahl) is a stupid ESTJ. She loves to watch soaps, but she doesn't care one iota about the characters - she likes to look at profit and riches. A girl has to take care of her appearance... to get a rich husband. Everything is aimed at the goal of a rich and easy life.

I'm in search of:
    - other examples
    - maybe some descriptions of stupid Thinkers

PS. the twin question: is it possible to be a Feeler with the emotional depth of a teaspoon?
    A few things to keep in mind.

-A type is a solidified unconscious disposition, not a personality quality. Hence, if you are a Thinking type then you simply have a tendency to display personalities we associate with Thinking rather than its simply the case that these personality qualities are a definitive part of your character by virtue of the fact that you are a Thinking type. What is the implication of this with respect to your thought experiment? It is possible to be a certain type without having the personality qualities associated with it. Its possible to be an ESTJ for example that supresses the Thinking tendencies in favor of Extroversion and Sensing. As a result, the Thinking function may not be properly used. (Another example of somebody who has not developed their dominant function, or has not gotten comfortable using it could be a dominant Extroverted Intuitive who was always harrassed for attempting to be imaginative or creative.)

-We now must ask a question if our association of these personality qualities with the type is legitimate. In other words, should we believe that even if a person has fully developed Thinking, he or she will be logical or intelligent? Thinking is a unconscious cognitive tendency that allows us to recognize structure in the world. Although this is usually helpful in intellectual endeavors; it is possible to have this quality while lacking intelligence. A mechanic may have a great talent for seeing structure in material designs (such as cars), yet may lack imagination to perform the highly abstract functions of logical reasoning. Such a person would not make a good logician or a mathematician. Is this person using the Thinking function well? Yes, as he clearly displays an unconscious tendency to recognize structure in the world. (Remember, a type is nothing but an unconscious tendency of thought) Does this person have the personality quality that we associate with Thinking, that is, does this person have an ability to reason well? No, he does not.

Hence, I have two objections to the claim that if one is a thinker, one is smart. First of all, not all thinking types are true to their type as their natural tendencies may be supressed. Secondly, thinking along does not capacitate one to reason well.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I think I've just met someone who's an F but has the emotional depth of a teaspoon.

It's a really weird thing for an inferior feeler to realize.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    it's because you're an ENFP (the definition of a flake)

u mad?
    no.

cus i could see why someone could think that.

for me personally though, i got in the habit of saying "Ok, I'll try to make it." instead of saying "I'll be there" and not show up if I am borderline attendable to that event.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Intelligence is correlated to N and to a lesser extent, P.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    P? Why?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Sources?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Sources?
    I think Guffin is referring to me. Dunno why exactly he left E and F out of the equation but it might have something to do with how very dull other ENFPs are.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    P? Why?
    Because people who can generate random and useless information are intelligent apparently.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)